Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.
I can't see VAT on that invoice.
Am I missing something?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 17:29:37 UTC, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.
I can't see VAT on that invoice.
Am I missing something?

It's a small garage?
--
Jim K

Could be.

Here are two bills from two garages.

ALFA guy is a one man band

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwlllpXgAg27I1.jpg

A+A has about 20 staff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwwl2qTWQAAnidl.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.
I can't see VAT on that invoice.
Am I missing something?

It's a small garage?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 17:16:19 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/11/2016 17:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.
I can't see VAT on that invoice.
Am I missing something?

House address? Takes about 10 minutes to find.

But if the total bill is for £2172.75 and only £472.50 is for labour
then how the **** is it £2200 for fastening 10 bolts?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Nothing even remotely like £2200 for fastening 10 bolts.

Not £475 for fastening 10 bolts either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/16 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

£10 for fastening 10 bolts.

£2190 for removing old sub frame, positioning car over new one and
dealing with anything that got in the way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

It's VED - Vehicle Excise Duty

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 20:01:50 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 08/11/16 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

£10 for fastening 10 bolts.

£2190 for removing old sub frame, positioning car over new one and
dealing with anything that got in the way.

Yes - here was the old one and its replacement.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwxE4onXUAAVgTi.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

Oh for ****s sake!
No wonder most people think that cyclists are silly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 20:17:23 -0000, charles wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

It's VED - Vehicle Excise Duty

It's just a name. Most people say "road tax", like they call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover even though Dyson made it.

--
Why does the law society prohibit sex between lawyers and their clients?
To prevent clients from being billed twice for essentially the same service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

Oh for ****s sake!
No wonder most people think that cyclists are silly.

I think you're silly, you think he's silly, I think he's silly, you think I'm silly, and he might also think I'm silly. Is this mathematically correct?

--
Please tell your pants it's not polite to point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

I can't see VAT on that invoice.
Am I missing something?

20% at a guess:-)

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyo
nder.co.uk escribió:

But if the total bill is for £2172.75 and only £472.50 is for labour
then how the **** is it £2200 for fastening 10 bolts?

Who cares?

2200 quid for fixing a 12 year old car worth 500 quid at most is
madness.

Old saying: a fool and his money are soon parted.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 21:39:50 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyo
nder.co.uk escribió:

But if the total bill is for £2172.75 and only £472.50 is for labour
then how the **** is it £2200 for fastening 10 bolts?

Who cares?

2200 quid for fixing a 12 year old car worth 500 quid at most is
madness.

It is 9 years old and worth £5000.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwxMzq5WEAAygdS.jpg

Old saying: a fool and his money are soon parted.

Like someone who buys a 2016 Fiesta for £15000?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-ca...ling-cars-2016

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Webuyanyold**** says £1000...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

nder.co.uk escribió:

But if the total bill is for £2172.75 and only £472.50 is for labour
then how the **** is it £2200 for fastening 10 bolts?

Who cares?

2200 quid for fixing a 12 year old car worth 500 quid at most is
madness.

It is 9 years old and worth £5000.

Webuyanyold**** says £1000...

Yes, you are right.

£5000 is 2014 Corsa money.
http://ebay.eu/2fB3itt

Mine is only worth about £3000.
http://ebay.eu/2fRmc0x

I stand corrected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2016 04:23, Simon Mason wrote:

Yes, you are right.

£5000 is 2014 Corsa money.
http://ebay.eu/2fB3itt

Mine is only worth about £3000.
http://ebay.eu/2fRmc0x

I stand corrected.

They haven't been sold at that price so they aren't worth it until they
do. They are just the starting price for bargaining down from.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

Everyone I drive past knows mine!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/2016 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

The labour is only a portion of that ... £472
You are paying for fitting of subframe, adjusting tracking, fitting
handbrake
A lot more than just tightening 10 bolts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 11:20:49 UTC, rick wrote:
On 08/11/2016 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

The labour is only a portion of that ... £472
You are paying for fitting of subframe, adjusting tracking, fitting
handbrake
A lot more than just tightening 10 bolts

Plus, as he is a one man band and not VAT registered, I saved £400 in tax.
New engine cover as well as painting and adding Waxoyl to the subframe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwxE4onXUAAVgTi.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

They haven't been sold at that price so they aren't worth it until they
do. They are just the starting price for bargaining down from.

Aye, especially as everyone knows old Alfas are money pits. As the OP
has just proved.

My 12 year old Nissan Almera just sailed through the MOT needing two
tyres and with an advisory on slight play in the anti roll bar bushes.
And I drive it Italian style.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/16 11:20, rick wrote:
On 08/11/2016 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

The labour is only a portion of that ... £472
You are paying for fitting of subframe, adjusting tracking, fitting
handbrake
A lot more than just tightening 10 bolts

Like replacing a £50 thermostat in a diesel freelander. 8 hours to
strip the engine bay down to get to it and put it all back together.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 11:31:09 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

My 12 year old Nissan Almera just sailed through the MOT needing two
tyres and with an advisory on slight play in the anti roll bar bushes.

If you send in a car for an MOT with two duff tyres, you want shooting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Plus, as he is a one man band and not VAT registered,

He's not VAT registered.

But he presented you with a detailed invoice on his own printed
stationary with his business address, and phone no. on it

Which you then proceed to plaster all over the Internet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2016 11:28, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 11:20:49 UTC, rick wrote:
On 08/11/2016 16:52, Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

The labour is only a portion of that ... £472
You are paying for fitting of subframe, adjusting tracking, fitting
handbrake
A lot more than just tightening 10 bolts

Plus, as he is a one man band and not VAT registered, I saved £400 in tax.
New engine cover as well as painting and adding Waxoyl to the subframe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwxE4onXUAAVgTi.jpg

VAT will have been included in the parts prices from his supplier. You
have only saved VAT on his £472 labour costs. = £94.40

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 12:31:52 UTC, Muddymike wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

VAT will have been included in the parts prices from his supplier. You
have only saved VAT on his £472 labour costs. = £94.40

Why does the subframe price state £1095 in the "rate" column, but only £930 in the price I paid?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Sam Plusnet
escribió:

Do us all a favour.
Move over to the left-hand side of the road.

I do when I go to my home in Spain, thank you. Flying out next week for
the winter.

ps. **** you.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/11/2016 13:59, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Sam Plusnet
escribió:

Do us all a favour.
Move over to the left-hand side of the road.

I do when I go to my home in Spain, thank you. Flying out next week for
the winter.

ps. **** you.

You are going to drive on the left in Spain? This is getting more and
more confusing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

You are going to drive on the left in Spain? This is getting more and
more confusing.

It is, isn't it.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

You are going to drive on the left in Spain? This is getting more and
more confusing.

Little Sammy's jealous 'cos I have a home in the canary islands which I
bought when the pound was almost 1.50 euro.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/11/2016 14:14, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , GB
escribió:

You are going to drive on the left in Spain? This is getting more and
more confusing.

Little Sammy's jealous 'cos I have a home in the canary islands which I
bought when the pound was almost 1.50 euro.

Very nice. Good choice. Can we come and visit?

I don't mind the weather in the UK at this time of year nearly as much
as the short days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

Very nice. Good choice. Can we come and visit?

Of course. But no discussion of politics, religion, Trump or Brexit is
permitted. Angle grinders are okay.

--
(\_/)