Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Trinicon HVC-2200 - Want to use my new cam

I just got this camera and I was wondering how I could somehow hook it
up to my PC. It has RCA inputs, but this camera only has a sony k-type
connector. What can I do to get the video (and maybe audio) signal out
of this thing? I can't power it up because I'm guessing the connector
also provides power. Please help!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a very old camera. I would suggest contacting Sony directly to
find out who their parts distrubution is for your area. From there you
can find out if it is possible to still have the adabtor/converter to
have a video output.

It may work out cheaper for you to get a more modern camera with a
direct video output. The newer cameras are also superior to the one
you have.

Jerry G.
======

On Nov 1, 1:22 pm, echeese wrote:
I just got this camera and I was wondering how I could somehow hook it
up to my PC. It has RCA inputs, but this camera only has a sony k-type
connector. What can I do to get the video (and maybe audio) signal out
of this thing? I can't power it up because I'm guessing the connector
also provides power. Please help!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 1, 1:22 pm, echeese wrote:
I just got this camera and I was wondering how I could somehow

hook it
up to my PC. It has RCA inputs, but this camera only has a sony k-

type
connector. What can I do to get the video (and maybe audio)

signal out
of this thing? I can't power it up because I'm guessing the

connector
also provides power. Please help!!!

When the Trinicon was new it was a crap camera. ANY cheapo cam-corder
will outperform that jurassic contraption on any parameter you care to
measure. It belongs in a meseum as an example of how NOT to build a
camera. Save your efforts for something worth doing.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jerry G." wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a very old camera. I would suggest contacting Sony directly to
find out who their parts distrubution is for your area. From there you
can find out if it is possible to still have the adabtor/converter to
have a video output.

It may work out cheaper for you to get a more modern camera with a
direct video output. The newer cameras are also superior to the one
you have.

I doubt Sony has any info on these anymore. From what I recall, they had a
portable Beta VCR they plugged into, as well as a small power supply box for
stationary use. I would keep an eye out on ebay, something will probably
turn up sooner or later.

I would second that on the modern camera recomendation though. These old
tube cameras are usually a bit soft by now, you'll get better performance
out of a modern CCD as well as it will be a lot smaller and lighter.