Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:06:40 -0000, Simon Mason
wrote:

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 08:47:03 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
On 09/11/2016 19:09, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 11:13:52 +0000, Muddymike
wrote:

On 08/11/2016 17:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Now everybody will know the reg of your car.

Everyone I drive past knows mine!

Mike

Yep - but they don't know where you live.

Every time I go along a residential street I see cars in driveways no
one covers their number plates. I don't understand how connecting a car
registration to an address is helping criminal activity.

Mike

judith once said that he would report my reg number to Humberside plod in
connection with hanging around school entrances, drug deals and ram
raiding.

Hopefully if someone made up that sort of ****, the police would do them
for wasting their time.

It would be interesting to see what they did on that.

Unlikely he would actually be silly enough to try it tho, its just another
silly troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 22:21:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

A few, like the oil feed, were design faults that we ironed out over the last 10 years, or so.

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur, and
still saved heaps and had no repairs at all in the 12 years
except the car crash which presumably the insurance paid for.

No - I paid it to keep my 40 yrs no claims bonus.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

A few, like the oil feed, were design faults that
we ironed out over the last 10 years, or so.

None of those with mine or dennis'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:35:52 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
On 10/11/2016 19:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 18:16:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Tyres On The Drive used one, sheared off the wheel bolt and it
costs me £350 for a new hub as they couldn't get it out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce4eTAqWwAEfe5b.jpg

How much have you spent on that car in total now, not counting
petrol etc ?

Off the top of my head.

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs
£600 So around - £13200, which is what I paid for it and new it was
£25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

Simon ................... ****ing Hell!

I thought northerners were sensible with money....

--
Anybody who claims that marriage is a fifty-fifty proposition doesn't know a damned thing about women or fractions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Even if that stereotype had some truth in it,
there will always be some exceptions, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

The exceptions should be deported!

--
Best Friend Experiment:
Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

The european court of justice wont allow that and you
lot havent left yet. And you hairy legged cross dressers
will be staying in the EU anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 01:32:41 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

Simon ................... ****ing Hell!

I thought northerners were sensible with money....

Only a nutter would scrap a £25000 car and buy a £4000 2014 Corsa for the sake of a few quid. My 159 is better than it was brand new as all of the design defects have been sorted out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 22:21:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur.

http://paintywalls.com/images/hyundai-grandeur-2.jpg

It's not bad, but it's still just like a Phaeton, Audi or Beemer.

This will be my next car when they have dropped below £10k second hand..

http://bit.ly/2g27NxQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

Simon ................... ****ing Hell!

I thought northerners were sensible with money....

Only a nutter would scrap a £25000 car

Its actually a £1700 car.

and buy a £4000 2014 Corsa for the sake of a few quid.

Its actually been for £17000 quid.

My 159 is better than it was brand new as all
of the design defects have been sorted out.

And we'll see what breaks next...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 22:21:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

A few, like the oil feed, were design faults that we ironed out over the
last 10 years, or so.

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur, and
still saved heaps and had no repairs at all in the 12 years
except the car crash which presumably the insurance paid for.

No - I paid it to keep my 40 yrs no claims bonus.

What is the point of insuring it at all if you arent going to claim on the
insurance ?

I only insured mine for the first couple of years and only because the
premium
was just $100.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur.

http://paintywalls.com/images/hyundai-grandeur-2.jpg

It's not bad, but it's still just like a Phaeton, Audi or Beemer.

So is what you are planning to buy next.

This will be my next car when they have dropped below £10k second hand.

http://bit.ly/2g27NxQ

And you'll be spending at least that again fixing all the design ****ups,
again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 06:17:29 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

What is the point of insuring it at all if you arent going to claim on the
insurance ?

I did have one insurance claim on me from the guy whose car mine rolled backwards into when I jumped off the bridge, but as I had protected NCB, my premiums weren't affected.

I got the claim form in the HDU.

I had mine repaired at the same time as when our lass pranged it in a car park at my own £1500 expense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 06:20:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur.

http://paintywalls.com/images/hyundai-grandeur-2.jpg

It's not bad, but it's still just like a Phaeton, Audi or Beemer.

So is what you are planning to buy next.

This will be my next car when they have dropped below £10k second hand.

http://bit.ly/2g27NxQ

And you'll be spending at least that again fixing all the design ****ups,
again.

There will be no poxy General Motors engine blocks in that car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 7:05:27 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 18:16:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Tyres On The Drive used one, sheared off the wheel bolt and it costs me
£350 for a new hub as they couldn't get it out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce4eTAqWwAEfe5b.jpg

How much have you spent on that car in total now, not counting petrol etc ?

Off the top of my head.

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs £600

So around - £13200, which is what I paid for it and new it was £25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

Spent **** all on my Hyundai bought new, just a windscreen
wiper arm which some ****wit kid deliberately broke off, in 10 years.

Yebbut - you get to drive this though.

http://bit.ly/2fV4usQ

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 07:27:29 UTC, Halmyre wrote:

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My 156 WAS a money pit as it burned oil like a 2 stroke, it was a new cat every year and my last bill to get through MOT was £2500.

159 is far superior except for the lack of ALFA growl.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 07:27:29 UTC, Halmyre wrote:

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

What is the point of insuring it at all if you
arent going to claim on the insurance ?

I did have one insurance claim on me from the guy whose car
mine rolled backwards into when I jumped off the bridge, but
as I had protected NCB, my premiums weren't affected.

So why couldnt you have claimed when your daughter stacked it ?

I got the claim form in the HDU.

I had mine repaired at the same time as when our lass
pranged it in a car park at my own £1500 expense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 11 November 2016 06:20:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur.

http://paintywalls.com/images/hyundai-grandeur-2.jpg

It's not bad, but it's still just like a Phaeton, Audi or Beemer.

So is what you are planning to buy next.

This will be my next car when they have dropped below £10k second hand.

http://bit.ly/2g27NxQ

And you'll be spending at least that again fixing all the design ****ups,
again.

There will be no poxy General Motors engine blocks in that car.

An even more poxy wog engine instead.

And most of the design ****ups in the current car werent in the engine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

Yep, european cars from other than the krauts are completely ****ed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:16:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

What is the point of insuring it at all if you
arent going to claim on the insurance ?

I did have one insurance claim on me from the guy whose car
mine rolled backwards into when I jumped off the bridge, but
as I had protected NCB, my premiums weren't affected.

So why couldnt you have claimed when your daughter stacked it ?

Our lass = my wife and it was easier to pay cash as I had just retired with a £125000 lump sum by then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

You've ****ed 10 times as much as that against the wall on yours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:18:14 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

Yep, european cars from other than the krauts are completely ****ed.

Agreed - I wouldn't have one of these if you paid me.

http://bit.ly/2g2go3l
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:21:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

You've ****ed 10 times as much as that against the wall on yours.

Talking of which, 5 pints of beer a night at £3 a pint for the same period, 2011-2016, is £27375 --- more than a new 159.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:21:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel
Peugeot.

You've ****ed 10 times as much as that against the wall on yours.

Talking of which, 5 pints of beer a night at £3 a pint for the same
period, 2011-2016, is £27375 --- more than a new 159.

Only a fool pays anything like that for a pint of beer and only
a fool pours 5 pints a night down their throat every night too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 09:04:51 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:21:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel
Peugeot.

You've ****ed 10 times as much as that against the wall on yours.

Talking of which, 5 pints of beer a night at £3 a pint for the same
period, 2011-2016, is £27375 --- more than a new 159.

Only a fool pays anything like that for a pint of beer and only
a fool pours 5 pints a night down their throat every night too.

Yes - it has trashed my liver after 40 years of abuse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crh5qd0WEAAbtVM.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2016 07:21, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 11 November 2016 06:17:29 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

What is the point of insuring it at all if you arent going to claim
on the insurance ?

I did have one insurance claim on me from the guy whose car mine
rolled backwards into when I jumped off the bridge, but as I had
protected NCB, my premiums weren't affected.

I got the claim form in the HDU.

I had mine repaired at the same time as when our lass pranged it in a
car park at my own £1500 expense.

You did remember to report it to the insurance as you are required to?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

There is a lot more involved than just your liver.

Its the reason for your massive beer gut and tits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:53:57 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 11 November 2016 01:32:41 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

Simon ................... ****ing Hell!

I thought northerners were sensible with money....

Only a nutter would scrap a £25000 car and buy a £4000 2014 Corsa for the sake of a few quid. My 159 is better than it was brand new as all of the design defects have been sorted out.

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

--
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200 pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:35:52 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

They can't stop us doing something now we're leaving.

--
I went to a drive-in movie in a taxi - it cost me 95 quid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/11/2016 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

"The most beautiful car made this year is the Alfa Romeo Giulia
according to a German motoring award ceremony."

I haven't seen the opposition, but I find that choice really surprising.
Nice red colour, though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 20:53:28 UTC, GB wrote:
On 11/11/2016 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

"The most beautiful car made this year is the Alfa Romeo Giulia
according to a German motoring award ceremony."

I haven't seen the opposition, but I find that choice really surprising.
Nice red colour, though.

I will be getting a black one - red attracts too many nutters.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 11/11/2016 03:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months I have had the
AA out to sort out my works van. And on Friday afternoon they towed back
the replacement FIAT van.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 18:17:06 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 11/11/2016 03:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months I have had the
AA out to sort out my works van. And on Friday afternoon they towed back
the replacement FIAT van.

I have booked an appointment at Mangoletsi with a view to buy one of these new.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...-romeo-giulia/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
ARW wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote
dennis@home.? wrote

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months
I have had the AA out to sort out my works van. And on
Friday afternoon they towed back the replacement FIAT van.

I have booked an appointment at Mangoletsi with a view to buy one of these
new.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...-romeo-giulia/

Must be ****ing insane after the financial disaster the current one turned
out to be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 19:24:40 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
ARW wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote
dennis@home.? wrote

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months
I have had the AA out to sort out my works van. And on
Friday afternoon they towed back the replacement FIAT van.

I have booked an appointment at Mangoletsi with a view to buy one of these
new.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...-romeo-giulia/

Must be ****ing insane after the financial disaster the current one turned
out to be.

I am going to use the 159 for my new job to pay in cash for the £33000 Giulia which Our Lass will swan around in all day long making the local golf widows green with envy.

They all have poxy Audis, Jags, Range Rovers and X5s - common as muck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take
out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

Just another rat hole to pour your money down, you watch.

Doable, but completely ****ing stupid.

The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

And if the **** does hit the fan economically,
you'll be up **** creek without a paddle, again.

Just to get a posers car that is a rat hole for your money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Nowhere to deport them to, stupid.