Default Barker Horizontal Mill

I just picked up a small Barker "PM" horizontal hand mill. Looking
for anyone that has a manual on this.
TIA DuWayne
Gunner

On 27 Jan 2005 18:47:04 -0600, wrote:

I just picked up a small Barker "PM" horizontal hand mill. Looking
for anyone that has a manual on this.
TIA DuWayne

I just picked up (2) of them and a Nicholes if anyone is interested.
Cash is king. And not much of it.

Gunner

This message does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either
myself, my company, my friends, or my cat; Don't quote me on that;
Don't quote me on anything; All rights reserved; You may distribute
this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; Terms are
subject to change without notice; Illustrations are slightly enlarged
to show detail; Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is
unintentional and purely coincidental; Do not remove this disclaimer
under penalty of law; Hand wash only, Tumble dry on low heat; Do not
bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; Your mileage may vary; No
substitutions allowed; Offer good for a limited time only; This
message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted;
Caveat emptor; Message is provided "as is" without any warranties;
Reader assumes full responsibility; An equal opportunity message; No
shoes, no shirt, no message; Quantities are limited while supplies
last; If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them
yourself, but return to an authorized service center; Read at your own
risk; Parental advisory - explicit lyrics; Text may contain explicit
materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is
advised; Keep away from sunlight; Keep away from pets and small
children; Limit one-per-family please; No money down; No purchase
necessary; You need not be present to win; Some assembly required;
Batteries not included; Instructions are included; Action figures
sold separately; No preservatives added; Slippery when wet; Safety
goggles may be required during use; Sealed for your protection, Do not
read if safety seal is broken; Call before you dig; Not liable for
damages arising from use or misuse; For external use only; If rash,
irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading; Read
only with proper ventilation; Avoid extreme temperatures and store in
a cool dry place; Keep away from open flames; Avoid contact with eyes
and skin and avoid inhaling fumes; Do not puncture, incinerate, or
store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit; Do not place near a flammable or
magnetic source; Smoking this message could be hazardous to your
health; Reading is addictive; No salt, MSG, artificial color or
flavoring added; If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms
persist, consult a physician; May cause drowsiness, alcohol may
intensify this effect; Read with food; Use caution when operating
a car or dangerous machinery; Possible penalties for early withdrawal;
Offer valid only at participating sites; Slightly higher west of the
Rockies; Allow four to six weeks for delivery; Must be 18 to read;
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear; Use of this message is
governed by the terms and conditions of the Bank and Messageholder
Agreement received by the Messageholder. Message remains the property
of the Bank and must be returned on request. Disclaimer does not cover
misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic
eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect,
damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or
unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or
altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts,
sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in
this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or
taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item,
falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or
projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets,
shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of
X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.); Other
restrictions may apply; Contest ends 12-31-2001.To prevent damage, feel the film continuously during the showing. Do not
rewind after the last showing. Return all filmparts around their proper reels,
thank you.
Grant Erwin

jtaylor wrote:

"Gunner" wrote
I just picked up another desirable item

Ok, I'm tired of this.

Just how many machines DO you have - could you show us a list?

Something like x small mills, y big mills, z shapers, etcetera?

ROTFKMAO! If you get a list like that out of Gunner I'll be *amazed*.
No way that guy knows what he's got!! You have simply *got* to go see
his back yard. I've seen some guys with scrounge-itis, but this guy
is THE CHAMP. Lives in dry central California so he doesn't get a lot
of rusting which is good because he'd need a sizable small warehouse to
store the contents of his back yard properly!

Wish there were more like him .. I'll be dropping him off some of Ernie's
fabled free welding rod this spring on my way to LA! Maybe I'll shoot a pic
when I get down there ..

GWE
Gunner

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:35:10 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

jtaylor wrote:

"Gunner" wrote
I just picked up another desirable item

Ok, I'm tired of this.

Just how many machines DO you have - could you show us a list?

Something like x small mills, y big mills, z shapers, etcetera?

ROTFKMAO! If you get a list like that out of Gunner I'll be *amazed*.
No way that guy knows what he's got!! You have simply *got* to go see
his back yard. I've seen some guys with scrounge-itis, but this guy
is THE CHAMP. Lives in dry central California so he doesn't get a lot
of rusting which is good because he'd need a sizable small warehouse to
store the contents of his back yard properly!

Wish there were more like him .. I'll be dropping him off some of Ernie's
fabled free welding rod this spring on my way to LA! Maybe I'll shoot a pic
when I get down there ..

GWE

Blush....ah...I had to rent a warehouse a couple months ago...

I trade out Stuff for 5000 sq feet of oilfield warehouse with a 5 ton
overhead crane and easy access.
Btw...a guy on your way bought the lil Lorch lathe, and if you have a
pickup, you might make some gas money on your way back north
delivering it to him. I think he is in the Sacromento area. And of
course..you get full and free access to the Piles of Stuff while you
are here.

Ive got to go to Lancaster next week and pick up:
Baker mills
Nichols mills
11" Logan and lots of extra parts (will part it out..several collet
closers, turrets and whatnot)
Kalamazoo bandsaw (gonna keep that one..will have others up for sale)
Bead blasting cabinet a bit bigger than mine, will sell mine
Tap disintergrater (will use that for a years rent at the warehouse
and I get to use it G))

I also will be picking up in Santa Ana
Airco 300 mig welder, minty and complete (3 ph....anyone need a NICE
commercial mig machine?)
Weiler turret lathe, minty (5C, with tooling)
Lincoln portable mig (135?)
Near new 36" x 48" blast cabinet with collector and guns and
consumables
I traded that stuff for the Sizouka horizontal/vertical mill that Id
advertised for a while...

In the warehouse at the moment is...
14" Logan lathe
Gorton 016-A miller with vise and full set of collets, ready to cut
chips
Eldorado gundrill
Several commercial air compressors
Kaeser screw compresser (15hp)
3 Boyer Shultz surface grinders (cheap project machines..very
rebuildable)
11" Logan turret lathe, running sweetly
several 220 single phase welders, Lincoln and Century..all excellent
another tap disintergrator, never been powered up, rough..belongs to
Leigh at MarMachine
Materials racks (pyramid style, 7' tall, double sided, 9 layers per
side, 2 complete sets
(2) Strohm 15mm screw machines. Minty plus with accessories and bar
feeders
A bunch of drill presses and parts for Sears, and import presses
Other stuff that I cant think of at the moment..
Oh..about 100 cans of GE potting compound if anyone wants some..free,
expired dates, still seem to work fine. small, pints and quarts
Several gallons of epoxy primers
Zaggar automatic drilling unit and Emerson singlephase to 3 phase
converter VFD to run it.
Hobart Cybertig 2 500 DCS welder with plasma welding torch and console
(tig, stick plasma) 500 amp, 3 phase. Runs nice...
older Pexto 52" stomp shear converted to hydraulic
Newer Pexto 52" hydraulic shear, runs Great! 220 Single phase (16 ga?)

This of course does not include the Stuff at home, or in my lil home
shop...

I really need a pneumatic tired soft ground forklift and some pallet
racks.

Backyard....or where it used to be....

Ive got a ****load of mold heater cartridges NOS, commercial photo
electric units, shrink wrapping line heaters, transporters and a
couple complete in the box Allen Bradly conveyer line controller
systems with video monitors, plcs, and spares.

Anyone need any Horton air clutches, brakes and rebuild kits, plus
torque saftey clutches? 3 Ph electric motors? Right angle drives?
V, timing and transmission belts (3000+)? Sheaves and bushings?
(Browning and Martin)

Thats just a sample of the Stuff in the back yard....

Almost everything is for sale at the right price..which may be more or
less than what you would expect..some of the stuff may even be free...

Hummmm think 5000 sq feet is enough?

[...]

Gunner

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:18:07 -0400, "jtaylor"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Jan 2005 18:47:04 -0600, wrote:

I just picked up a small Barker "PM" horizontal hand mill. Looking
for anyone that has a manual on this.
TIA DuWayne

I just picked up (2) of them and a Nicholes if anyone is interested.
Cash is king. And not much of it.

Ok, I'm tired of this.

Just how many machines DO you have - could you show us a list?

Something like x small mills, y big mills, z shapers, etcetera?

Welll...in my lil home hobby shop....

Hardinge HLV-H
Hardinge TFB
Logan 8" shaper
Gorton MasterMill
Clausing 2540 horizontal mill
Covel OD grinder
Clausing 15x48 lathe #1501
Ramco 6x18 surface grinder
Katakura 4C turret lathe (a cutie)
Hales horizontal/vertical miller (half sized Bridgeport..cute as hell
with horizontal mill built in (currently needing nut for Y axis)

the usual assortment of drill presses, baldor grinders, belt sanders,
etc etc...

well..hell....its not exactly current, but

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop

Since I sorta got interested in welding recently..I scounged and
rebuilt this stuff
http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop/before.jpg
http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop/during.jpg
http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop/after.jpg

In the background you can see the 4x8 welding table and the Miller
Dialarc 250 AC/DC stick machine mounted under it. (blue thingy above
the red hose reel above the orange mig welder)

I built over the last couple weekends a 16' x 16' "awning" to cover
the welding and wood working tools. Ill finish it up this weekend,
weather permitting. The 4x8 x 16' timbers were free from Leigh at
MarMachine from a demolished building, the 3.5" pipe was free from an
oilfield co. the 3/8" 4x8 ply sheets for the roof was from BIG machine
tool packing containers...the rafters were scrounged. So far, Ive got
about $10 invested in it. Mostly welding rod, nuts and bolts from
Reliable tools fasterner bins....I get that stuff for about a buck a
pound..brother in law discount...G

Nearly everything you see in the pictures was scrounged or taken in
trade for other Stuff. I have mostly gas and a few gallons of sweat
equity in most of it. Very little money which is good, cause I dont
have any. Folks have been good to me, and I try to return the favors
to them, and to others in passing things along if I cant use em.
Sometimes I manage to sell a few things here and there, but no one
comes over and goes away empty handed without getting free Stuff.
Tools, materials, parts, dogs, cats..the usual...

"Cast your bread upon the water and it shall be returned a 100 fold"

Once I reached a certain point..it kinda sorta snowballed on its own.

Anyone need a gas fired heat treating/melting oven? Commerical grade,
about 18"x18" x 20" deep? Free to a good home. Located in Costa Mesa
California. Includes the burners, regulators etc etc

Im glad to see that somone got the EDM and Tree CNC mill..I really
didnt want to have to move them....

Im home on weekends, if anyone wants to make a road trip. I might even
feed you. Need cats? Pups? Kittens? Stuff?

[...]

Gunner

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:20:44 -0600, Rex B wrote:

Want to drop off that Logan in Texas on your way back?

Rex, your business card attachment keeps blowing up my copy of agent.

Gunner

wrote:

jtaylor wrote:

[...]

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:45:08 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:20:44 -0600, Rex B wrote:

Want to drop off that Logan in Texas on your way back?

Rex, your business card attachment keeps blowing up my copy of agent.

Yeah, it makes his text hard to find in amongst all the multi-part
mime this with html that and .vcf the other.

Anyone need a gas fired heat treating/melting oven? Commerical grade,
about 18"x18" x 20" deep? Free to a good home. Located in Costa Mesa
California. Includes the burners, regulators etc etc

Im glad to see that somone got the EDM and Tree CNC mill..I really
didnt want to have to move them....

Gunner, I'll happily take the furnace. I'm also the one getting the
Tree CNC mill, but, just to be clear, I'll have to see about the EDM
machine. My little two car garage is starting to look too much like you
back yard, which shouldn't be a suprise because most of the tools have
came from your yard...

When I talked to George he said the EDM machine had about a 3'x3'
footprint, which I can wedge into my shop, but if it's much bigger than
that I just can't fit it in, especially with the Tree.

There's a couple of things that will decide it for me... The ideal
would be to find a inexpensive shop somewhere in Orange County, or
Nearby.

(I plan on starting a more serious search in a week or two, but while
I'm on the topic, any one know a good shop space, or willing to rent
part of their warehouse? I'm looking for something in the range of a
two-to-six car garage, to be used for blacksmithing & fabrication
mostly, with a little bit of machining. It'll be for hobby use at
first, but I'll be building a small business out of it...)

Too_Many_Tools

Don't take this wrong Gunner (stuff follows me home too...lots of it)
but have you ever considered what will need to happen if you EVER HAVE
TO MOVE?

Take my advice and keep that possibility in mind....I never thought I
would have to move either and the first of many moves was a heck of a
shock.

Thirty years later, I still mourn much of the stuff I lost in that
first move. Never have been able to replace it.

TMT

DaveB

wrote:

jtaylor wrote:

[...]

I have a real nice Clark (one ton) but it has hard wheels, no oil
leaks etc and runs perfect. I will be done with it in about a month.
I figure its worth about 700 bucks

btw I live in Orange county

Regards

Daveb
Gunner

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:59:43 GMT, DaveB wrote:

Gunner

I have a real nice Clark (one ton) but it has hard wheels, no oil
leaks etc and runs perfect. I will be done with it in about a month.
I figure its worth about 700 bucks

btw I live in Orange county

Regards

Daveb

Thanks Dave, but where I live, hard wheeled fork lifts are called yard
ornaments unless you have a big wrecker to pull them out.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."
Gunner

On 28 Jan 2005 12:57:05 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Did you ask Tho about renting some shop space in his building, last
night? Im sure he is hungry enough to do so. Adding another Conex
would go a long way to making room for you.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."
Gunner

On 28 Jan 2005 20:39:07 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Don't take this wrong Gunner (stuff follows me home too...lots of it)
but have you ever considered what will need to happen if you EVER HAVE
TO MOVE?

Ill have one hell of a yard sale, followed by an auction, and then a
big dump run.

Take my advice and keep that possibility in mind....I never thought I
would have to move either and the first of many moves was a heck of a
shock.

I understand and agree.

Thirty years later, I still mourn much of the stuff I lost in that
first move. Never have been able to replace it.

The same holds true with a fire etc. Which is why Ive been trading Up
to better and better machines, my goal being have a few of the Best
for when I retire. The fun is doing the hunting, finding and
scrounging.

If I die before then..then the next of kin will have to deal with it.

Gunner

TMT

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Intrepid

wrote:

Blush....ah...I had to rent a warehouse a couple months ago...

etc.

Almost everything is for sale at the right price..which may be more or
less than what you would expect..some of the stuff may even be free...

Hummmm think 5000 sq feet is enough?

Gunner

snipped for brevity

Damn, Gunner... I wish I lived closer to you. I'd love to go shopping
at your "Home Depot", with a pail full of cash...

BTW, love your disclaimer :=)

Intrepid

shivering in the snowdrifts...
Gunner

wrote:

Blush....ah...I had to rent a warehouse a couple months ago...

etc.

Almost everything is for sale at the right price..which may be more or
less than what you would expect..some of the stuff may even be free...

Hummmm think 5000 sq feet is enough?

Gunner

snipped for brevity

Damn, Gunner... I wish I lived closer to you. I'd love to go shopping
at your "Home Depot", with a pail full of cash...

BTW, love your disclaimer :=)

Intrepid

shivering in the snowdrifts...

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 75 in LA yesterday, and about 65 in my backyard today. A bit
cloudy, might have a sprinkle..maybe not. Average rainfall in my area
is 4" a year..might see a few flakes of snow every 5 yrs or so. It
actually snowed pretty good a couple years ago..big fluffy flakes. It
stayed about 5 hours. Made me homesick for Michigan. Sigh...

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
Martin H. Eastburn

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:59:43 GMT, DaveB wrote:

Gunner

I have a real nice Clark (one ton) but it has hard wheels, no oil
leaks etc and runs perfect. I will be done with it in about a month.
I figure its worth about 700 bucks

btw I live in Orange county

Regards

Daveb

Thanks Dave, but where I live, hard wheeled fork lifts are called yard
ornaments unless you have a big wrecker to pull them out.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Sounds like Gunner needs to scrounge some SeBee Flight line metal.
Floor off the back yard in a landing strip and drive anything.
Surplus house ?
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Gunner

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:07:00 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:59:43 GMT, DaveB wrote:

Gunner

I have a real nice Clark (one ton) but it has hard wheels, no oil
leaks etc and runs perfect. I will be done with it in about a month.
I figure its worth about 700 bucks

btw I live in Orange county

Regards

Daveb

Thanks Dave, but where I live, hard wheeled fork lifts are called yard
ornaments unless you have a big wrecker to pull them out.

Sounds like Gunner needs to scrounge some SeBee Flight line metal.
Floor off the back yard in a landing strip and drive anything.
Surplus house ?
Martin

You know..a couple hundred square feet of PSP would be a damned nice
thing to have. Move everything out, level the entire back yard and
shop with a garden grader, lay down the PSP and then move everything
back in. It would be way cool.

Never seen any of it surplus though..I dont recall seeing any of it
outside of a military base either come to think of it.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
Too_Many_Tools

Actually not a bad idea....

We all sometimes want to negotiate soft ground with heavy iron.

Considering the knowledge and experience of this group, if you can't
buy it then Gunner should be able to make it.

So if we were going to design a floor for Gunner's backyard, how should
it be made?

What kind of loading are we talking here?

Durabiltiy?

Metal, wood, stone or some combination?

I do know that if you implement a portable floor, you do want to be
able to pull it up later. If you have every had animals that like to
burrow live under a building or driveway, you know why.

Once I saw an implementation where a guy first did some ground leveling
and placed gravel for drainage. Next he laid many layers of plastic
down for a vapor barrier. Finally he took 1/4" steel plates and after
laying them side by side, tacked them with a welder.

It worked very well.

The oil and grease from the machinery kept the steel decking from
rusting.

Since you live in the desert Gunner, this approach might work short
term.

TMT

Dan

Well if it makes you feel any better its 27 here in Michigan and that's
actually warmed up since the middle of last week when nighttime lows were
well below zero. Snow? Yeah we got snow too. As much as I do get tired of
winter after a while, the 3 years I spent in California (Monterey area) made
me rush home as soon as I could. Still if you dont mind, send a little of
that warm are our way. Thanks

wrote:

[...]

Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

Sounds like Gunner needs to scrounge some SeBee Flight line metal.
Floor off the back yard in a landing strip and drive anything.
Surplus house ?

You know..a couple hundred square feet of PSP would be a damned nice
thing to have. Move everything out, level the entire back yard and
shop with a garden grader, lay down the PSP and then move everything
back in. It would be way cool.

Never seen any of it surplus though..I dont recall seeing any of it
outside of a military base either come to think of it.

If you find a local source for Marsden Matting cheap, buy a few
extra pieces for me. I still have a 20' flatbed (formerly sailboat)
trailer that needs a bed rework, seems that 3/4" CDX plywood doesn't
last forever...

Oh, and do you have a small (30" to 50" range) box and pan brake or
hand press/brake/shear in "Gunner's Piles Of Stuff" perchance? I've
got several customers missing the inner covers on their breaker
panels, quicker to zap them out myself...

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Gunner

On 30 Jan 2005 08:10:16 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

[...]

Sigh..probably be simpler and cheaper to pour the entire back yard in
concrete.

Id not mind finding a quarter acre of PSP though...

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:24:18 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Sigh..probably be simpler and cheaper to pour the entire back yard in
concrete.

Id not mind finding a quarter acre of PSP though...

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

I gather that PSP is one of those rare military items which is
completely used up by repeated recycling. At least I've never seen any
of it surplus, come to think of it.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
Martin H. Eastburn

Dan -

Was driving in Monterey today - live up the coast in the mountains.

You don't want to hear what I saw in the road flower beds or any of that stuff.
The coats were in the back of the truck.

First week without rain in a while.

Martin

wrote:

[...]

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:46:59 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show
wrote back on Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:03:50 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

Sigh..probably be simpler and cheaper to pour the entire back yard in
concrete.

Id not mind finding a quarter acre of PSP though...

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

I gather that PSP is one of those rare military items which is
completely used up by repeated recycling. At least I've never seen any
of it surplus, come to think of it.

Considering the logistics issues involved, I'd believe it would be one
of those items which if declared surplus, you have to go fetch it where is,
as is.

They used a lot of it in the US. Just about every military base I've
ever been on had it around -- everything from ground cover to highway
bumpers.

--RC

South Pacific seems to be a likely place.

Or you might be able to scrounge up some PAP - same stuff, but made of
Aluminum. Air transportable.

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Ive got one of those 30" Chicom combination shear/brake/rollers...and
while it does thin stuff well enough..Im not sure its suitable for
what you need.

Now I do have a couple Pexto shears. An old kick shear converted to
hydraulic and a much much newer and nicer hydraulic shear.

Both will do 16 ga IRRC, both are 52" and both are for sale

Im pretty sure MarMachine has some.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote back on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:06:44 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

Sigh..probably be simpler and cheaper to pour the entire back yard in
concrete.

Id not mind finding a quarter acre of PSP though...

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

I gather that PSP is one of those rare military items which is
completely used up by repeated recycling. At least I've never seen any
of it surplus, come to think of it.

--RC

My bet it is simply left in place.

Let in place, then scrounged by locals.

PAP might get scrounged by recyclers. That's a lot of aluminum.

Might find it under "Marsten Mat", but its the sort of stuff which only
a Government throwing a war is likely to want to ship any distance. And I
doubt Gunner has the time or interest in milling some from raw stock. :-)

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.

Conex?

Conex?

Old name for those shipping containers you see on the big ships,

that
get moved to trucks and driven all over the place.

Seatrain is another term. It may be regional in usage.
SeaTrain is a shippers name that specializes in this

Conex is the name a lot of Nam vets use for this type of container

I didn't realize that's what they were called, but I was thinking of
the same thing -- getting a shipping container if I needed to store all
my stuff for a while.

I was even thinking of renting out a space in a parking lot in an
industrial area somewhere in So Cal and setting up a blecksmiths shop
out of that. It's be sort of a pain, but I could run everthing I need
off an extension cord or two. The only elictrical stuff would be a
drill press and lights. Everything else is propane, or meat powered.

It would be sort of a pain to haul everything in and out of the
container, but I could build some wheeled based for the forge, vice and
anvil so it would take maybe five minutes to haul everything out and
get it set up.

The thing with blacksmithing is that it's kind of noisey, but because I
have a regular day job I'd be working nights and weekends (mostly).

Gunner

On 4 Feb 2005 10:12:11 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Talk to our buddy Tho Nugyen. Ill bet you could work out something
advantagous to you both.

Gunner