Gunner

On 4 Feb 2005 10:12:11 -0800, wrote:

Conex?

Old name for those shipping containers you see on the big ships,

that
get moved to trucks and driven all over the place.

Seatrain is another term. It may be regional in usage.
SeaTrain is a shippers name that specializes in this

Conex is the name a lot of Nam vets use for this type of container

I didn't realize that's what they were called, but I was thinking of
the same thing -- getting a shipping container if I needed to store all
my stuff for a while.

I was even thinking of renting out a space in a parking lot in an
industrial area somewhere in So Cal and setting up a blecksmiths shop
out of that. It's be sort of a pain, but I could run everthing I need
off an extension cord or two. The only elictrical stuff would be a
drill press and lights. Everything else is propane, or meat powered.

It would be sort of a pain to haul everything in and out of the
container, but I could build some wheeled based for the forge, vice and
anvil so it would take maybe five minutes to haul everything out and
get it set up.

The thing with blacksmithing is that it's kind of noisey, but because I
have a regular day job I'd be working nights and weekends (mostly).

Talk to our buddy Tho Nugyen. Ill bet you could work out something
advantagous to you both.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."