Too_Many_Tools

Actually not a bad idea....

We all sometimes want to negotiate soft ground with heavy iron.

Considering the knowledge and experience of this group, if you can't
buy it then Gunner should be able to make it.

So if we were going to design a floor for Gunner's backyard, how should
it be made?

What kind of loading are we talking here?

Durabiltiy?

Metal, wood, stone or some combination?

I do know that if you implement a portable floor, you do want to be
able to pull it up later. If you have every had animals that like to
burrow live under a building or driveway, you know why.

Once I saw an implementation where a guy first did some ground leveling
and placed gravel for drainage. Next he laid many layers of plastic
down for a vapor barrier. Finally he took 1/4" steel plates and after
laying them side by side, tacked them with a welder.

It worked very well.

The oil and grease from the machinery kept the steel decking from
rusting.

Since you live in the desert Gunner, this approach might work short
term.

TMT