Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phase on single phase

I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is 220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220, but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by hand to get it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is
220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters
available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220,
but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by
hand to get it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the
machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!

They use the three phases for more than just the spindle. Unless that
balancer is VERY cheap (like under $500.00) you will have more into it
than buying one set up for single phase. Or buy a large rotary converter
and be able to run more 3 phase stuff.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:06:12 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

stryped wrote:
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is
220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters
available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220,
but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by
hand to get it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the
machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!

They use the three phases for more than just the spindle. Unless that
balancer is VERY cheap (like under $500.00) you will have more into it
than buying one set up for single phase. Or buy a large rotary converter
and be able to run more 3 phase stuff.

As I recall from fixing one for a friend who owns a tire shop..his 3ph
machine has a 3ph motor in it to drive the wheel during balance.

About a 3hp motor as I recall

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

strupid wrote:
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is
220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters
available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220,
but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by
hand to get it going then it would work).

You always try to jury-rig stuff. This is a several-thousands-of-dollars
machine. You can't spend $300 on a proper inverter to drive it?

If not, cobble up a static converter from $50 worth of parts, or build a
rotary converter from about $200 worth.

GEESH! Don't you EVER research anything before you ask for advice? All
you ever want to know is how to do a "crap job for pennies", when you
could do a GOOD job for a few bucks.

If all you ever _try_ to do is **** work, then all you'll ever make is
**** work; and from it will just be more **** in your garage.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is 220 3
phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters available but
they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220, but
the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by hand to get
it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the
machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!

In principle, it's correck, altho poss. not practical.

The Self Righteous Spermenberg is partially correct, with a "static
converter" which is just start caps placed between L1-L3 or L2-L3 (L1-L2
being 220 single phase).
Flip them out when the unit starts. Flipping in some "run" capacitors might
help power, effic, but the motor will, as you say, now run off 220 single
phase, BUT at reduced power -- 1/sqrt 3, or some ****.

If you do cobble together an rpc (ie, sep "idler motor"), your unit will
develop it's full power, but at sig'ly higher electric cost, cuz you now
have TWO motors running, and the rpc will generally run much longer than the
machine itself. Altho, you will now have 3 ph power for other stuff.

If the unit can function serviceably with reduced power, I'd go with
switchable start caps. Proly around 100 uF.
If not, you'll have to do a rpc, which is just ANOTHER 3 ph motor, with
switchable start/run caps.

Oh, the electronics:
If you are trying just 220 single phase, you'll have to experiment with the
inputs. Iow, you'll have 3 terminals on the machine, but only two hot legs
coming in. Mix'n'match until you get the controls to work. If they don't
work, then you'll need the full rpc solution.
I think most likely they WILL work. A good indication that they will work
with 220 single phase is if there is provision for a neutral. So don't
forget that, as well.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
strupid wrote:
[...]

Funny, all these years, and I didn't realize you were such an asshole.
--
EA

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
. 3.70...
strupid wrote:
[...]

"stryped" is a troll, no bigee trolls aren't real.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:cYydnVdBKa1QGUbMnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

strupid wrote:
[...]

I was referring to Sperm-burg.
And btw, sometimes it makes sense to do a crap job for pennies. Depends on
the context.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" fired this volley in
:

sometimes it makes sense to do a crap job for pennies. Depends on
the context.

Your context being "always"... Stryped isn't a troll, he just asks such
idiotic things, he sounds like one. He's one of those dolts who, like EA,
is widely known for his half-assed, unskilled work, who's unfortunately
real, and who believes everything told him by morons like EA.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"Existential Angst" fired this volley in
:

sometimes it makes sense to do a crap job for pennies. Depends on
the context.

Your context being "always"... Stryped isn't a troll, he just asks such
idiotic things, he sounds like one. He's one of those dolts who, like EA,
is widely known for his half-assed, unskilled work, who's unfortunately
real, and who believes everything told him by morons like EA.

Moron, eh?? After I seconded your static converter suggestion? Good one,
Spermberg....
Why shouldn't he believe what I told him? Can you point out a single error?
Of course not. Your bile clouds your vision.
You are another ill-informed asshole who believes you need hyooge hp idlers
for big loads. When all's you need is a bunch of small 3 ph motors -- wired
correckly, of course, which is of course beyond your GM-cocksucking
capabilities.

Oh, wait a minute.... that's the other cocksucker, Kidding..... sorry....
right cocksucker, wrong context....

Oh, $50 for a static converter?? Try $10.50, for one or two caps, and a
fukn 59c toggle switch.
Graingers has close-outs on things like caps, can get'em for half price. Or
take'em off a cap start singlephase motor.
--
EA

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" fired this volley in
:

Oh, $50 for a static converter?? Try $10.50, for one or two caps, and

fukn 59c toggle switch.
Graingers has close-outs on things like caps, can get'em for half

price.

I saw you 'agree' in one breath, and attack my skills in the second --
and you know nothing of what I do or how well I do it.

I apologize. When I said "$50" for a static converter, I forgot that
your time is worth nothing, and you just nail loose components to your
walls, rather than buying or building proper enclosures, providing non-
abrading cable entries, strain reliefs, plugs, etc. Since you don't use
them, you wouldn't know this; those 'little things' add up quickly,
unless, like Gunner, you've got seven acres of junk to pick through when
you need a part.

Heh... when Grainger sells something "half price", then it's only TWICE
what the normal retail price would be. They also list 'surplus' stuff
that's on their books, but for which they have no stock (anywhere in
network).

I agree: You don't need large idler motors. As you say, ganged smaller
motors can work, too. But large or small, they all take up more space
than a decent VFD.

For 3HP, who'd want all that noise and rotating hardware taking up space
and wasting power when a small solid-state device will do the work BETTER
(better symmetry in the phases without load-specific tuning), AND is
programmable for ramp times. And with most equipment like that tire
balancer, there's enough empty space in the stand/cabinet to enclose the
VFD, so the whole device 'becomes' a single-phase unit.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...

I agree: You don't need large idler motors. As you say, ganged
smaller
motors can work, too. But large or small, they all take up more
space
than a decent VFD.

Lloyd

How about using a machine tool running unloaded, such as a pedestal
grinder, as the rotary converter for other motors?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:krh09k$1e5$1
@dont-email.me:

How about using a machine tool running unloaded, such as a pedestal
grinder, as the rotary converter for other motors?

It would work, Jim. I can think of several reasons why I wouldn't want a
grinder acting as an idler; but it would work.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
@dont-email.me:

How about using a machine tool running unloaded, such as a pedestal
grinder, as the rotary converter for other motors?

It would work, Jim. I can think of several reasons why I wouldn't
want a
grinder acting as an idler; but it would work.
Lloyd

Could you give the reasons that apply to a quiet one-man hobby shop,
as opposed to a noisy, distracting business with 1 workers present?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:krh2ll$ed1
:

Could you give the reasons that apply to a quiet one-man hobby shop,
as opposed to a noisy, distracting business with 1 workers present?

Jim, I know you're not a troll, but that's such a troll-like question!

1) One worker or 100, having a grinder with open wheels or brushes
running ALL the time is just plain dangerous. A grinder dedicated to a
production job might run all the time, but not one that's casually-used.

2) One lapse of thought, one accidental swinging of some stock into the
rotating wheel, and you might be injured.

3) Unless you strap the on-off switch on, you might absent-mindedly
switch it off after a grinding job, which might or might not affect the
other running equipment using it as the 3rd-leg generator

4) It's just not _right_. It's an 'ugly solution' of a sort just begging
to be done differently.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
@dont-email.me:

How about using a machine tool running unloaded, such as a pedestal
grinder, as the rotary converter for other motors?

It would work, Jim. I can think of several reasons why I wouldn't
want a
grinder acting as an idler; but it would work.
Lloyd

Could you give the reasons that apply to a quiet one-man hobby shop,
as opposed to a noisy, distracting business with 1 workers present?

I personally think that it is a hazard to have a grinder running all
the time unattended.

I scrap a lot of used 3 phase motors, and I could sell one for just 2x
scrap (to justify the time and expense). It works out to appx. $15 per
horsepower. If shipping is not involved, it is pretty sensible. With
shipping, usually the total cost is a bit too much for most people,
and that's why I scrap those motors and do not bother selling.

If you can find someone like me in your area, you could get, say, a
ugly dirty used 3 phase 5 HP motor for $75 and be all set. Or a ugly
dirty 2HP motor for $30. etc

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
:

[...]

I haven't done it, just wondering if there was a consequence I havn't
thought of and couldn't easily avoid by guarding it. For example each
motor would need an indicator light to show that it's running, in case
several machines were used as idlers to increase the available power
capacity.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus13897" wrote in
message ...

If you can find someone like me in your area, you could get, say, a
ugly dirty used 3 phase 5 HP motor for $75 and be all set. Or a ugly
dirty 2HP motor for $30. etc

I think I know every scrap dealer for at least 100 miles, and haven't
seen any inexpensive 3 phase motors in 20 years of looking.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message news:mt6dnXWHRoUmvkHMnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I think I know every scrap dealer for at least 100 miles, and
haven't seen any inexpensive 3 phase motors in 20 years of looking.
jsw

Craigslist.

It's only a theoretical question anyway, as I put single phase TEFC
motors on my lathe and surface grinder and the mill already had one.

I was wondering if the pedestal grinder, an incomplete drill bit
sharpener, could be its own simple rotary converter since it could be
jump-started with a drill.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, July 8, 2013 2:23:13 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is 220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220, but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by hand to get it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!

This balancer is 300 dollars. But it also does not have the cones or anything with it which I would have to get. I really wanted it for my home shop. I have three vehicles currently and have adaughter that will be driving shortly. I live out in the middle of nowhere so it is hard to get things such as this done.

I have thought about an old fashion bubble balancer but have read some people say they wont work with modern radial tires but I have others who swear by them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

@dont-email.me:

How about using a machine tool running unloaded, such as a pedestal
grinder, as the rotary converter for other motors?

It would work, Jim. I can think of several reasons why I wouldn't want a
grinder acting as an idler; but it would work.
Lloyd

Could you give the reasons that apply to a quiet one-man hobby shop, as
opposed to a noisy, distracting business with 1 workers present?

Good idear, I think. Or a drill press, etc.
3 ph begets 3 ph....
--
EA

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
[...]

All the accessories will bump that 300 up REAL fast. Add in the
conversion system and you will be over 1000.00 before you can balance
one tire.

Bubble units work BUT they take some skill. They also require some work.
I have both and have balanced tires on the bubble and then tossed them
on the machine as a demo and not had a problem.

With a bubble unit you need to make sure it is set up correct. One of
the biggest problems is having an out of center bubble. VERY common with
the cheaper units. Not hard to fix though.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message news:mt6dnXWHRoUmvkHMnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I think I know every scrap dealer for at least 100 miles, and
haven't seen any inexpensive 3 phase motors in 20 years of looking.
jsw

Craigslist.

It's only a theoretical question anyway, as I put single phase TEFC
motors on my lathe and surface grinder and the mill already had one.

I was wondering if the pedestal grinder, an incomplete drill bit
sharpener, could be its own simple rotary converter since it could be
jump-started with a drill.

Probably the most simple rotary converter design uses no switches, is self-starting, and consists of nothing but a single oil cap and a three phase motor.

Connection and operation is pretty much the same as what is commonly known as a "PSC" motor.

I've stumbled across schematics etc. for such an arrangement numerous times in the past, but I've never built or witnessed one in operation and so I can't really comment further except to say that I suspect it would probably start up slowly and / or tend to run somewhat on the warm side.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:59:54 PM UTC-5, Steve W. wrote:
stryped wrote:

On Monday, July 8, 2013 2:23:13 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:

I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is

220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters

available but they are expensive.

I was looking at the HF units. How is it fixed. I dont mind spending alot of time with it as long as it is accurate. I know on the HF one you have to center the bubble by adjusting the screws each time before you put the tire down. (I read that on a forum. The directions did not say that). But someone told me they will only static balance and that dynamic is prefered. But like I said, I have read both good and bad on them.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:

On Monday, July 8, 2013 2:23:13 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:

I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is

220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters

available but they are expensive.

What do you mean by out of center bubble? Are you refering to the adjustment I was talkign about?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-09, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message news:mt6dnXWHRoUmvkHMnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I think I know every scrap dealer for at least 100 miles, and
haven't seen any inexpensive 3 phase motors in 20 years of looking.
jsw

Craigslist.

It's only a theoretical question anyway, as I put single phase TEFC
motors on my lathe and surface grinder and the mill already had one.

I was wondering if the pedestal grinder, an incomplete drill bit
sharpener, could be its own simple rotary converter since it could be
jump-started with a drill.
jsw

It will work, yes. It has drawbacks that are unrelated to three phase
conversion.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:31:52 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ignoramus13897" wrote in
message ...

If you can find someone like me in your area, you could get, say, a
ugly dirty used 3 phase 5 HP motor for $75 and be all set. Or a ugly
dirty 2HP motor for $30. etc

I think I know every scrap dealer for at least 100 miles, and haven't
seen any inexpensive 3 phase motors in 20 years of looking.
jsw

Where do you live? I run across 3ph motors with great regularity. I
had one stolen out of the alley 2 weeks ago. A nice 10hp.

the *******s

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:14:05 PM UTC-4, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Probably the most simple rotary converter design uses no switches, is self-starting, and consists of nothing but a single oil cap and a three phase motor.

Connection and operation is pretty much the same as what is commonly known as a "PSC" motor.

I've stumbled across schematics etc. for such an arrangement numerous times in the past, but I've never built or witnessed one in operation and so I can't really comment further except to say that I suspect it would probably start up slowly and / or tend to run somewhat on the warm side.

A good design for a rotary phase generator uses two motors. One is a three phase motor and the other a single phase motor. The two motors are connected by a variable belt drive so that the single phase motor is trying to speed up the three phase motor. It is self starting and with a few capacitors has a reasonably power factor ( meaning it will run on a lower amp breaker. ) But it takes up a lot more room than a VFD and does not give you variable speed.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:MLKdnRcyk9Vvz0HMnZ2dnUVZ_uGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

-Probably the most simple rotary converter design
-uses no switches, is self-starting, and consists of
-nothing but a single oil cap and a three phase motor.

-Connection and operation is pretty much the
-same as what is commonly known as a "PSC" motor.

-I've stumbled across schematics etc. for such an
-arrangement numerous times in the past, but I've
-never -built or witnessed one in operation and so
-I can't really comment further except to say that I suspect it
-would probably start up slowly and / or
-tend to run somewhat on the warm side.

I've been slowly accumulating the parts for a Fitch or Hanrahan rotary
converter. I have the schematics but no practical experience with
their quirks and limitations.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Where do you live? I run across 3ph motors with great regularity. I
had one stolen out of the alley 2 weeks ago. A nice 10hp.

the *******s

Gunner

New England. We have plenty of surplus equipment, but the dealers have
an exaggerated idea of what it's worth. I helped one identify an
auction load and watched him price everything at 50% of my MSC
catalog. I rarely pay much over 5%.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:59:54 PM UTC-5, Steve W. wrote:
stryped wrote:

The HF unit is a pretty good starting point. The point the balancer
rides on can be junk, but it is easy to replace with something good.

The off center bubble is due to assembly. You want the center of the
bubble EXACTLY over the pivot, Plus it has to be exactly centered on the
wheel cone.

Getting those correct can sometime be a challenge for places with ???
quality control. They are not hard to correct though.

As for why dynamic is preferred--- TIME. If done correctly the end
result is a balanced tire/rim assembly.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:51:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Where do you live? I run across 3ph motors with great regularity. I
had one stolen out of the alley 2 weeks ago. A nice 10hp.

the *******s

Gunner

New England. We have plenty of surplus equipment, but the dealers have
an exaggerated idea of what it's worth. I helped one identify an
auction load and watched him price everything at 50% of my MSC
catalog. I rarely pay much over 5%.
jsw

Ive got a guy that goes to Hershey for the antique truck show every
year. Is that too far to go for a free motor?

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:

The HF unit is a pretty good starting point. The point the balancer
How do you ensure the bubble is where it needs to be? Eyeball it?

I did not think the point if it is what I was thinking, is a replaceable part on that HF unit?????
rides on can be junk, but it is easy to replace with something good.

The off center bubble is due to assembly. You want the center of the

bubble EXACTLY over the pivot, Plus it has to be exactly centered on the

wheel cone.

Getting those correct can sometime be a challenge for places with ???

quality control. They are not hard to correct though.

As for why dynamic is preferred--- TIME. If done correctly the end

result is a balanced tire/rim assembly.

--

Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Where do you live? I run across 3ph motors with great regularity. I
had one stolen out of the alley 2 weeks ago. A nice 10hp.

the *******s

Gunner

New England. We have plenty of surplus equipment, but the dealers have
an exaggerated idea of what it's worth. I helped one identify an
auction load and watched him price everything at 50% of my MSC
catalog. I rarely pay much over 5%.
jsw

Ive got a guy that goes to Hershey for the antique truck show every
year. Is that too far to go for a free motor?

Gunner

Which reminds me....if anyone finds a Tektronics 212 scope or a cheap!
digital at a swapmeet/hamfest for around $50 or less keep me in mind.

I dont use a scope at work all that much..but I do use em and would
like to keep one in the truck. Most of mine take up way too much space
and Im afraid that the bumping/jostling will take its toll on one
before too long. So Id like to have a tiny one like the 212 or a
digital I can put in a Pellican type case and slide it into one of the
side boxes.

Ive got a bunch of scopes if anybody needs one. I only need 3 at
most..and generally I only use one (on the work bench) so dont need
the 7-8 that I already have.

1 channel, 20mhz or less is all I need for power and analog circuit
diagnosis.

These any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARM-DSO201-N...-/380397169333

Had a 212..but it disappeared. I think it left when my truck was
broken into back 12 or so years ago.

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Existential Angst wrote:

If all you ever _try_ to do is **** work, then all you'll ever make is
**** work; and from it will just be more **** in your garage.

Funny, all these years, and I didn't realize you were such an asshole.

Lloyd is in the middle of a super-rush Centroid conversion on
a Bridgeport BOSS-9 that died on him. And, he has a contract to
deliver on in TWO WEEKS, even given the dead CNC machine. So,
he is in a BIG bind.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Which reminds me....if anyone finds a Tektronics 212 scope or a cheap!
digital at a swapmeet/hamfest for around $50 or less keep me in mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151076187797
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 19:51:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Which reminds me....if anyone finds a Tektronics 212 scope or a cheap!
digital at a swapmeet/hamfest for around $50 or less keep me in mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151076187797

ayup. Up to $34 and the reserve hasnt been met yet. I figure it will
be around $75 -100 given the use of the term "rare!" by the seller

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Which reminds me....if anyone finds a Tektronics 212 scope or a cheap!
digital at a swapmeet/hamfest for around $50 or less keep me in mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151076187797

ayup. Up to $34 and the reserve hasnt been met yet. I figure it will
be around $75 -100 given the use of the term "rare!" by the seller

It has 'free shipping', though.