Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phase on single phase

I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is 220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220, but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by hand to get it going then it would work).

Does this sound correct? What about the electronic read out on the machine? Would it work on single phase 220 without a converter?

I appreciate it!