Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default 3 phase on single phase

. 3.70...
strupid wrote:
I have a hunter DSP 9000 tire balancer for sale near me. But it is
220 3 phase which i dont have. I know there are phase converters
available but they are expensive.

I read somewhere that 3 phase motors can be run on single phase 220,
but the motor start would not work. (You can spin the tire once by
hand to get it going then it would work).

You always try to jury-rig stuff. This is a several-thousands-of-dollars
machine. You can't spend $300 on a proper inverter to drive it?

If not, cobble up a static converter from $50 worth of parts, or build a
rotary converter from about $200 worth.

GEESH! Don't you EVER research anything before you ask for advice? All
you ever want to know is how to do a "crap job for pennies", when you
could do a GOOD job for a few bucks.

If all you ever _try_ to do is **** work, then all you'll ever make is
**** work; and from it will just be more **** in your garage.

Funny, all these years, and I didn't realize you were such an asshole.
--
EA

Lloyd