Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phase on single phase

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:MLKdnRcyk9Vvz0HMnZ2dnUVZ_uGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

-Probably the most simple rotary converter design
-uses no switches, is self-starting, and consists of
-nothing but a single oil cap and a three phase motor.

-Connection and operation is pretty much the
-same as what is commonly known as a "PSC" motor.

-I've stumbled across schematics etc. for such an
-arrangement numerous times in the past, but I've
-never -built or witnessed one in operation and so
-I can't really comment further except to say that I suspect it
-would probably start up slowly and / or
-tend to run somewhat on the warm side.

I've been slowly accumulating the parts for a Fitch or Hanrahan rotary
converter. I have the schematics but no practical experience with
their quirks and limitations.
jsw