Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:11:37 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:43:38 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:20:06 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

Yabut, Mentally retarded is a relative definition :-)

Yes in popular belief, but not under the law. In Virginia, the dividing
line
is an IQ of 70 but that may vary by state; I never checked it out.

That rules out most Virginians for execution. /Rebel humor

Starting off the day trolling for trouble, eh, Larry? g

Ah, you betcha. Let's add this one. Check Snopes for me, will ya?

A History Lesson
----------------

Who made these statements?
(answers at the bottom)

Tch, tch. Shame on you:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp

Shame on me for asking you to check Snopes? Feh!

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:11:37 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:43:38 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

m...

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

Yabut, Mentally retarded is a relative definition :-)

Yes in popular belief, but not under the law. In Virginia, the
dividing
line
is an IQ of 70 but that may vary by state; I never checked it out.

That rules out most Virginians for execution. /Rebel humor

Starting off the day trolling for trouble, eh, Larry? g

Ah, you betcha. Let's add this one. Check Snopes for me, will ya?

A History Lesson
----------------

Who made these statements?
(answers at the bottom)

Tch, tch. Shame on you:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp

Shame on me for asking you to check Snopes? Feh!

You really didn't have to ask. I would have done it anyway. That one was
'way too heavy-handed to slip under the radar. d8-)

Hey, while we're at it, as a card-carrying libertarian, what do you think of
that proposition that I made to Doug, that purebred libertarians would not
consider getting emergency medical care a human "right"?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tony wrote:

It says the case is being referred to a Grand Jury. As they say, not

even a

ham sandwich can escape being indicted by a Grand Jury. So this

machinist

isn't off the hook yet.

It's Texas, it's just a formality to appease the loony left.

You want to talk about looney all you have to do is look at the whole state
of Texas. They think its right to kill someone because they were stealing
some scrap metal. Scrap metal! Can you believe that? Someone has the right
to kill another human being because they were taking a few bucks worth of
scrap metal. Now that is what I call nuts. In California it's illegal to
kill anyone over property regardless of its value. Why, because we value
human life over property. We also have insurance and can replace any
property that's stolen. The idea that a few bucks worth of property is worth
anyone's life is a nutty idea. It's like when someone wants to steal a
woman's purse and she won't let it go and winds up getting killed over a few
dollars worth of possessions. That's stupid. Property can be replaced lives
can't. Why some people are unable to understand that is beyond me. It's not
that I'm against killing. There is a time and a place for that but not over
a measly amount of property.

Hawke

It has nothing to do with valuing life over property. Californicate is
just ****ing wierd, and the sooner I can get out of this ****ed up state
and all 9its liberal morons (like you) the better. By the way, send me
your address and I'll come break into your house and steal whatever I
can of yours. We'll see how you feel about it then.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Rex wrote:

Police: Dallas Businessman Kills Second Intruder

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/14339830/d...s=dfw&psp=news

DALLAS -- For the second time in three weeks, police say the owner of a
Dallas machine shop has fatally shot an intruder who had broken into his
business.

Investigators say no charges will be filed against James Walton, but the
case will be referred to a Dallas County grand jury.

Police say Walton killed the suspected burglar with a shotgun blast
inside Able Walton Machine & Welding on Sunday. Walton lives above the
shop and was alerted to the intrusion by a motion sensor system.

Police identified the intruder as 37-year-old Jimmy Gannon of Ferris.

Walton also shot and wounded a second man Sunday outside of the shop.
Police said the man escaped, but was eventually detained for questioning.

Police say Walton shot and killed Raul Laureles about three weeks ago
after Laureles climbed through a pried-open window of the business. That
incident also was referred to a grand jury.
-------------------------

I may have to drive over and buy this guy a beer.
I expect there will be a line.
Of course, I'd go during daylight hours.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:01:56 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Hey, while we're at it, as a card-carrying libertarian, what do you think of
that proposition that I made to Doug, that purebred libertarians would not
consider getting emergency medical care a human "right"?

I'd agree. While it's a nice gesture/moral imperative/humanitarian
effort, it sure as hell isn't a _right_.

Also, it wasn't politicized in the Bill Of Rights.

My Advance Directive for Health Care says that if I'm too broken that
they're not to fix me. And I'm a full body donor, whatever that's
worth.

Speaking of moral imperatives, we have one to ourselves regarding our
Executive and Legislative branches. My buddy in D.C. wrote this to me
this morning: "Oh, BTW, congress just voted to increase the national
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." I fully understand why many people have just given up voting
after seeing this kind of bull**** go on every day for decades. sigh

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright
----------------------------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Don't worry about it. It's all talk. Besides, who can get upset about a
bunch of Texans shooting each other? Maybe they'll get lucky and hit
somebody who's thinking of running for president.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:01:56 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Hey, while we're at it, as a card-carrying libertarian, what do you think
of
that proposition that I made to Doug, that purebred libertarians would not
consider getting emergency medical care a human "right"?

I'd agree. While it's a nice gesture/moral imperative/humanitarian
effort, it sure as hell isn't a _right_.

(YO, Doug! Are you counting? That's three out of three. Real
flesh-and-blood. No strawmen.)

Also, it wasn't politicized in the Bill Of Rights.

My Advance Directive for Health Care says that if I'm too broken that
they're not to fix me. And I'm a full body donor, whatever that's
worth.

If somebody needs a full body, that could be helpful.

Speaking of moral imperatives, we have one to ourselves regarding our
Executive and Legislative branches. My buddy in D.C. wrote this to me
this morning: "Oh, BTW, congress just voted to increase the national
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." I fully understand why many people have just given up voting
after seeing this kind of bull**** go on every day for decades. sigh

Not to worry. We have supply-side economics on our side. We'll make it up by
cutting taxes.

We can always burn our dollar bills for heat if things get really rough.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

Jeez, it's hard to keep track of all those zeros. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
"Rex" wrote in message
Rex wrote:
[...]

This guy ought to have both newspaper articles laminated and posted on
the outside of the shop.
But maybe those BGs can't read anyway.

I see that the slow witted have all jumped on the atta boy band wagon once
again. Praising shooting people to death over who knows what property and of
what value. No mention of whether the shop owner was ever in any danger or
if any threat was made against him. Simply the fact that someone killed
people who had broken into a building is worthy of praise. It's the reverse
of the situation where a scum bag kills someone for ten dollars. Now a
citizen has killed two people and for what exactly? I think I'd rather wait
to hear the facts before jumping the gun on whether to praise this guy. My
nose tells me something is a bit fishy when a guy has to kill two people for
what is apparently only a crime of breaking and entering. If that is all the
intruders did I hardly think that is worthy of a death sentence. If they
were armed and threatening the guy's life that's a different story
altogether but nothing of that sort was mentioned. But for those who tend to
jump to conclusions simply hearing someone killed two possible thieves
sounds like something they like.

Hawke

The shop owner didnt place such a low value on the criminals life, the
criminal did.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Rex" wrote in message
Rex wrote:
[...]

WTF?
The scumbags were on his property. B&E is NOT a victimless crime.
All who B&E are presumed to be attempting to cause me and mine bodily harm.
If I am home, count on a similar outcome.

It's not a "death sentence". It's a simple case of defending yourself
against dirtbags out to harm you.
He did it twice? Good. Maybe fewer dirtbags will be polluting his
neighborhood.

You need to understand a couple of basic facts:
The dirtbags were criminals. Nothing possible about it. Wanna bet both
choirboys have loooong rap sheets?

A great next step would be putting the cut-off heads of the miscreants on
pikes flanking the front doors to his business.

None of this would be necessary if parents raised their children right and
society punished criminals for committing crimes.
But it's not happening and the dirtbags are not following the rules of
civilized behavior.
Ergo, a pair got sent to meet Jesus a bit early. He can figure out what to
do witrh their souls.

MD

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
Tony wrote:
[...]

So where is your price level where someone is allowed to be killed.

I know that the stuff in my shop is not covered by insurance. If someone
takes something of mine,its gone forever because I dont have the money
to buy it again. So if someone tries to steal my property they have set
what their life is worth.

I have a cousin who is really poor. 100 bucks to him is a lot of money.
He gets along by mostly trading for what he needs. But everyone in the
county knows that if you try to steal gas or anything else from him, he
will kill you. Guess what, nobody tries to steal from him. I am grateful
I live in a state like Texas that allows me to protect what is mine.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Consider what happens in countries without legal protection of property.
Anyone can help themselves to your stuff when they want. Capital
formation is extremely difficult, if not impossible, in those circumstances.

Capital is not only for large corporations. Mom and pop stores,
peddlers, farmers, etc need to have capital in the form of goods, money,
or services. If those things are not protected in some way, the strong
will simply take what they want.

So your "victimless crime" does violence to the person it's directed at.
That person has put an effort into giving value for goods that someone
has agreed to. You seem to suggest that society as a whole should pay
for the theft of goods from the owner, and let the intruder go.

Uh, I'm not going to pay anything in taxes or higher insurance payments
so a criminal can pillage with impunity. I'd expect any owner of goods
to be quite irate if I somehow was helping myself to the fruits of the
owner's labor without recompense.

Bill wrote:
people for what is apparently only a crime of breaking and entering. If that is
all the intruders did I hardly think that is worthy of a death sentence.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:51:54 -0700, Brent
wrote:

On Oct 16, 1:44 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:57:55 -0400, "Tony" wrote:
It says the case is being referred to a Grand Jury. As they say, not even a
ham sandwich can escape being indicted by a Grand Jury. So this machinist
isn't off the hook yet.

Its in Texas, where " He needed killin" is a valid excuse. Plus no
charges will be filed so its proforma.

Gunner

Usually these kind of cases being brought before the Grand Jury is a
method of protecting the individual. If you are brought before the
Grand Jury and the jury returns a decision of "justified homicide"
then you cannot later be tried again. I believe that it also protects
one against a civil charge of "depriving someone of his right to rob
machine shops".

Bruce - Bangkok

"Rex" wrote in message
[...]

I remeber reading someonwhere that texas has a law on the books
specifically PERMITTING the use of force up to and including deadly
force against someone appearing to be stealing your property.

The law itself was from the old west and was put in place for cattle
rustling. But i had heard mention of a few repo man getting shot dead
and this law was used to clear the shooter.

Doesn't sound like the law is still on the books from the news article
though.

Brent

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
Consider what happens in countries without legal protection of property.
Anyone can help themselves to your stuff when they want. Capital formation
is extremely difficult, if not impossible, in those circumstances.

Pffhhht. That has nothing to do with it. You're letting your theories run
away from reality.

Here in NJ you can't shoot someone to protect property. We have no trouble
at all with capital formation.

The whole thing is about philisophical ideas of what is right. In Texas and
other traditional places, their idea of right and wrong is offended if
people can steal property without a chance of getting their guts blown out.
That's fine for them, if that's what they need to keep their rights and
wrongs intact. It also applies in the third world and a few other
backwaters.

But don't try to tell us it's going to affect "capital formation." That's
letting your theories run away with you.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:57:27 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

Sounds like you got a criminal mentality to me ... there is a presumption
of intent to do bodily harm from the circumstances . In this case , the shop
should be considered part of his domicile , and he's within his rights to
defend his home .
Break into my house and you'll beg me to shoot you - my dogs don't like
intruders .

Might be more effective if they did - without salt and pepper.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Oct 16, 1:44 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:57:55 -0400, "Tony" wrote:
It says the case is being referred to a Grand Jury. As they say, not
even a
ham sandwich can escape being indicted by a Grand Jury. So this
machinist
isn't off the hook yet.

Its in Texas, where " He needed killin" is a valid excuse. Plus no
charges will be filed so its proforma.

Gunner

Usually these kind of cases being brought before the Grand Jury is a
method of protecting the individual. If you are brought before the
Grand Jury and the jury returns a decision of "justified homicide"
then you cannot later be tried again.

I don't think that's true, Bruce. Grand Juries don't decide cases or make
judgments. They just decide if there is sufficient evidence to hold a trial.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tony wrote:

[...]

You can come to my place and try to steal anything you want. I won't kill
you for it though. You will probably get hurt but you won't be killed. If
you try to use violence against me then I will use deadly force. But I'm not
going to blow your head off if you steal my bicycle. That seems excessive.
We're not as looney here in California as they are in Texas. By the way, I
used to live in Texas. But I got out when I was young enough not to be
permanently damaged by the experience.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Don't worry about it. It's all talk. Besides, who can get upset about a
bunch of Texans shooting each other? Maybe they'll get lucky and hit
somebody who's thinking of running for president.

--
Ed Huntress

Yep, that's what I was going to say. A lot of tough talkers in this group.
But my guess is that most of them would high tail it out the back door if
someone broke into their house during the night. Confronting someone who you
don't know is armed or not that breaks into your house at night is either
stupid or takes a lot of guts. From experience I know that most guys don't
have a lot of guts. In fact, it's usually the ones who talk about what they
would do are the ones who are the first to run when confronted. I expect all
the yahoos talking about what a great thing it was to kill two people are
just ignorant loudmouths blowing a lot of hot air. Scratch that, I know it.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

Jeez, it's hard to keep track of all those zeros. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Yep. It would help if everyone just used scientific notation for
those big numbers.
I had to in the above example to verify. :-)
...lew... Oh there is the bit where the europeans use
a different definition of Trillion.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:49:33 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
Engelhardt quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

He must have used Shrubby's formula in reverse.

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

Jeez, it's hard to keep track of all those zeros. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Yep. It would help if everyone just used scientific notation for
those big numbers.
I had to in the above example to verify. :-)

Me too. All I could handle was 10^12, not the zeros.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

If they announced tomorrow that a vigilance committee was forming, I'd be
one of the first three in line. The sooner good men do something to
combat the evil among us, the better off all of society will be.

AN'...ye git a shiny star fer ridin' with the posse!

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Actually, it's the same here is Texas, Ed.

But this was the fellow's home as well, and at night.

That makes it a justifiable act.

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." ...

His arithmetic sucks! That's $30,000 per person! 3 million times 300
million would be 900 trillion.

Jeez, it's hard to keep track of all those zeros. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Yep. It would help if everyone just used scientific notation for
those big numbers.
I had to in the above example to verify. :-)

Me too. All I could handle was 10^12, not the zeros.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, you are a pretty smart guy,

Could you explain to me how 1000 million got to be a Billion?

Only in the US though...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

If they announced tomorrow that a vigilance committee was forming, I'd be
one of the first three in line. The sooner good men do something to combat
the evil among us, the better off all of society will be.

Steve

What was that quote?

The only thing required for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:40:55 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Hawke wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
Tony wrote:
[...]

You make a good point there. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit in
your next post.

1. "We also have insurance and can replace any property that's
stolen. "

I would really like it if you can explain why do you feel that it is
justified for me pay an insurance premium so you can come and rob me?

Bruce in Bangkok
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

snip

Could you explain to me how 1000 million got to be a Billion?

Only in the US though...

I have no idea.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "Hawke" wrote:

You can come to my place and try to steal anything you want.

Please post your address.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tony wrote:

[...]

Now you live in Californicate, the most screwed up state in the union.
Thanks, but I'll take Texas anytime. If I could afford to get out of
this hellhole, I'd be gone. You and the illegals can have it.
Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

I se vigilantism is alive and well on RCM. Gives me the warm fuzzies all
over.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

If they announced tomorrow that a vigilance committee was forming, I'd be
one of the first three in line. The sooner good men do something to
combat the evil among us, the better off all of society will be.

Steve

What was that quote?

The only thing required for evil to prosper is for good men to do
nothing...

I believe that's it. BTW, I'll be going to LV on Saturday, and returning
the same day. The steel yard won't be open. But I'll have to take my son
back Friday, IIRC, and will try to get to the steel yard for the SS. What
sizes do you want? Remember, they have to fit in a Priority Mail flat rate
box, which, IIRC, is about 14" on the longest side.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yep, that's what I was going to say. A lot of tough talkers in this group.
But my guess is that most of them would high tail it out the back door if
someone broke into their house during the night. Confronting someone who you
don't know is armed or not that breaks into your house at night is either
stupid or takes a lot of guts. From experience I know that most guys don't
have a lot of guts. In fact, it's usually the ones who talk about what they
would do are the ones who are the first to run when confronted. I expect all
the yahoos talking about what a great thing it was to kill two people are
just ignorant loudmouths blowing a lot of hot air. Scratch that, I know it.

Hawke

Actually you would be suprised. I live on several acres in a
unincorporated community in west Texas. I also have a CHL. When I hear a
noise at night that doesnt belong I go investigate it with gun in hand.
You hope for the best but expect the worse. Ive had to do this about 6
times in the last 2 years. One time it was a pack of dogs coming up to
the house, another time I heard the dogs and it was someone parked in
front of the house at 2 am, another time some people thought that the
outskirts of my property would be a good place to park and drink. (which
it is, just not for them.) Harsh words and a gun do more than just
harsh words by themselves.

BTW the results of the above happenings. Some dead dogs, and in both
cases the people left.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Bill wrote:

[...]

I live on a 1-acre lot in an unincorporated section in DFW, very built
up all around me. I always have a pistol in my pocket, and I have one at
hand by my bed, along with a flashlight. You can bet I have a gun and a
flashlight when I get up to check on noises.
Oh, and my wife has a shotgun and a Colt revolver on her side of the
bed.
We live in a very quiet neighborhood, but you can't be too careful.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "Hawke" wrote:

Yep, that's what I was going to say. A lot of tough talkers in this group.
But my guess is that most of them would high tail it out the back door if
someone broke into their house during the night.

You shouldn't assume that everyone else is as cowardly as you, Pigeon.

Confronting someone who you
don't know is armed or not that breaks into your house at night is either
stupid or takes a lot of guts.

More guts than you have, obviously...

From experience I know that most guys don't
have a lot of guts.

So most of the guys you know don't have a lot of guts. Imagine my surprise.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rex" wrote

I live on a 1-acre lot in an unincorporated section in DFW, very built up
all around me. I always have a pistol in my pocket, and I have one at hand
by my bed, along with a flashlight. You can bet I have a gun and a
flashlight when I get up to check on noises.
Oh, and my wife has a shotgun and a Colt revolver on her side of the
bed.
We live in a very quiet neighborhood, but you can't be too careful.

I live in a quiet place, too at the end of the road. I keep a Remington
pump with 5 00 buck shells in it. On my nightstand is a Ruger 9mm with 17
rounds.

We live in a town of 925, but still there have been two murders in the last
two years. Not a lot of property crime in the rural areas where people are
known to have guns and use them. But a lot of theft in the towns proper
mainly for the tweakers to get money for another fix.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
cavelamb himself wrote on Tue, 16 Oct 2007
10:12:04 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Its in Texas, where " He needed killin" is a valid excuse. Plus no
charges will be filed so its proforma.

I've been informed that the full defense is "He just needed a good
killin'"

And remember, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Texas
girls have the right to shoot your cheating heart, ass, or any other
part of you which gets in the path of the bullet. Or shot. [one more
reason that folks down that ways say "Ma'am" a lot. :-) ]
Red headed Texas girls - as dangerous as smoking while setting
charges, but a whole lot more fun!

pyotr

Gee, pyotr, sounds like you've been here.
And had a pretty good time....

Her name was ... "Red".

Six foot one, Scot's Texan from San Antonio, fourth generation Army
Brat, first born of a Special Forces NCO, who taught her to shoot before
she started school. I met her at church (my Daddy was just an associate
pastor.).

Yee-haaa!

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

Heck, everybody outta try one of those at some time.

Makes a MAN of ya!

Is there a machinist in the house Terry Home Repair 5 November 8th 06 01:40 AM
The Machinist D Murphy Metalworking 36 December 3rd 05 04:50 PM
Machinist definition Tom Gardner Metalworking 11 October 8th 05 05:05 PM
machinist tutoring williamhenry Metalworking 7 June 4th 05 10:07 PM
Dallas/Fort Worth Machinist Class Vernon Metalworking 1 December 9th 03 01:42 AM