Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:01:56 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Hey, while we're at it, as a card-carrying libertarian, what do you think of
that proposition that I made to Doug, that purebred libertarians would not
consider getting emergency medical care a human "right"?

I'd agree. While it's a nice gesture/moral imperative/humanitarian
effort, it sure as hell isn't a _right_.

Also, it wasn't politicized in the Bill Of Rights.

My Advance Directive for Health Care says that if I'm too broken that
they're not to fix me. And I'm a full body donor, whatever that's
worth.

Speaking of moral imperatives, we have one to ourselves regarding our
Executive and Legislative branches. My buddy in D.C. wrote this to me
this morning: "Oh, BTW, congress just voted to increase the national
debt ceiling to nine-trillion dollars. With 300 million people in the
country, that's $3 million dollars of debt for every man woman and
child." I fully understand why many people have just given up voting
after seeing this kind of bull**** go on every day for decades. sigh

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright