Gunner Asch

Default Cats-Metalworking G

I spent a very enjoyable..though very distracting, day Saturday, doing
some welding, engineering and whatnot. Figuring out how to install
garage doors as roofs for kennels for cats.

A very nice bunch of folks, a very well run organization and a very
large number of big, healthy and quite happy cats. Clean, and well
designed kennels. A very very nice setup.

http://www.cause4cats.com/

Ill be fabricating Stuff this weekend to install next Saturday.

It was exceptionally distracting for me..a stone cat lover..as
everytime Id stop for a moment..a big lovable cat or 3 would come over
to get his due respects, or check out what I was doing.

If anyone would care to help them out, donate etc...I give these folks
the Gunner Seal of Approval.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Proctologically Violated©®

Bless you.

Hey Gunner, help me out he
I'm at Life's Crossroad he
I gotta choose between becoming a Right Wing Survivalist and a Liberal.
I'm leaning toward RWS, cuz, well, I gits to build a concrete unnerground
bunker, and also cuz, well, I cain't quite unnerstand the fukn NYTimes, and
sittin around in $tar$uck$ w/ sed Times and sundry semiliterati
latte-drinking assholes makes me sorta nauseous (liberals'n'****)..

But I think the lynch-pin g here will be:
Which group has more cats??
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I spent a very enjoyable..though very distracting, day Saturday, doing
some welding, engineering and whatnot. Figuring out how to install
garage doors as roofs for kennels for cats.

A very nice bunch of folks, a very well run organization and a very
large number of big, healthy and quite happy cats. Clean, and well
designed kennels. A very very nice setup.

http://www.cause4cats.com/

Ill be fabricating Stuff this weekend to install next Saturday.

It was exceptionally distracting for me..a stone cat lover..as
everytime Id stop for a moment..a big lovable cat or 3 would come over
to get his due respects, or check out what I was doing.

If anyone would care to help them out, donate etc...I give these folks
the Gunner Seal of Approval.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:16:03 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Bless you.

Hey Gunner, help me out he
I'm at Life's Crossroad he
I gotta choose between becoming a Right Wing Survivalist and a Liberal.
I'm leaning toward RWS, cuz, well, I gits to build a concrete unnerground
bunker, and also cuz, well, I cain't quite unnerstand the fukn NYTimes, and
sittin around in $tar$uck$ w/ sed Times and sundry semiliterati
latte-drinking assholes makes me sorta nauseous (liberals'n'****)..

But I think the lynch-pin g here will be:
Which group has more cats??
----------------------------

Actually..on the Liberal side..it appears that bitter, homely, aging
lesbians have more cats.

On the Conservative side..its strong, self sufficent, confident and
competent folks who have cats. Which of course includes most
survivalists of any degree of conservativism. After all..what could
be better to have as a friend and partner..but someone similar to
yourself?

Libs and the insecure (yes..generally mean the same thing) tend to go
in for dogs..as they need fawning syncophants to bolster their egos.
Which is why we have a Liberal designed welfare state..and for the
same reasons. Dogs and welfare recipents beg for handouts.

Cats demand their due.

It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or
more kittens. ~Cynthia E. Varnado

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
him. ~Dereke Bruce

If cats could talk, they wouldn't. ~Nan Porter

There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and
cats. ~Albert Schweitzer

A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste,
really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in
the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the
end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys. ~Barbara Holland

If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken
fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word
too much. ~Mark Twain

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many
ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
~Joseph Wood Krutch

The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to
admitting it. ~Doug Larson

There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take
the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer. ~Paula Poundstone

Your cat will never threaten your popularity by barking at three in
the morning. He won't attack the mailman or eat the drapes, although
he may climb the drapes to see how the room looks from the ceiling.
~Helen Powers

When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more
than she is to me? ~Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1580

I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult.
It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~Bill Dana

If there is one spot of sun spilling onto the floor, a cat will find
it and soak it up. ~Jean Asper McIntosh

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. ~Leo
Dworken

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden

The cat is the only animal without visible means of support who still
manages to find a living in the city. ~Carl van Vechten

A cat improves the garden wall in sunshine, and the hearth in foul
weather. ~Judith Merkle Riley

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you
later. ~Mary Bly

My cat speaks sign language with her tail. ~Robert A. Stern

Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they
have many other fine qualities as well. ~Missy Dizick

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten
this. ~Terry Pratchett

Purring would seem to be, in her case, an automatic safety valve
device for dealing with happiness overflow. ~Monica Edwards

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast. ~Author
Unknown

Kittens can happen to anyone. ~Paul Gallico

The cat is the animal to whom the Creator gave the biggest eye, the
softest fur, the most supremely delicate nostrils, a mobile ear, an
unrivaled paw and a curved claw borrowed from the rose-tree. ~Colette

Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still
only a whisker away from the wilds. ~Jean Burden

I named my kitten Rose - fur soft as a petal, claws sharper than
thorns. ~Astrid Alauda

I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; I
think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day
putting their hair back in place. ~Debbie Peterson

To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction
- and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.
~Stephen Baker

Of all the toys available, none is better designed than the owner
himself. A large multipurpose plaything, its parts can be made to
move in almost any direction. It comes completely assembled, and it
makes a sound when you jump on it. ~Stephen Baker

No matter how much the cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of
kittens. ~Abraham Lincoln

Ignorant people think it is the noise which fighting cats make that is
so aggravating, but it ain't so; it is the sickening grammar that they
use. ~Mark Twain

A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution. ~Hazel Nicholson

Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~Colette

Who among us hasn't envied a cat's ability to ignore the cares of
daily life and to relax completely? ~Karen Brademeyer

A kitten is so flexible that she is almost double; the hind parts are
equivalent to another kitten with which the forepart plays. She does
not discover that her tail belongs to her until you tread on it.
~Henry David Thoreau

If a dog jumps into your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if
a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer. ~Alfred
North Whitehead

It's really the cat's house - we just pay the mortgage. ~Author
Unknown

Some people own cats and go on to lead normal lives. ~Author Unknown

If I called her she would pretend not to hear, but would come a few
moments later when it could appear that she had thought of doing so
first. ~Arthur Weigall

The cat is above all things, a dramatist. ~Margaret Benson

A cat determined not to be found can fold itself up like a pocket
handkerchief if it wants to. ~Louis J. Camuti

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled
through snow. ~Jeff Valdez

If only cats grew into kittens. ~R. Stern

If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely
vote for the purr. ~Barbara L. Diamond

Gunner

Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
I spent a very enjoyable..though very distracting, day Saturday, doing
some welding, engineering and whatnot. Figuring out how to install
garage doors as roofs for kennels for cats.

A very nice bunch of folks, a very well run organization and a very
large number of big, healthy and quite happy cats. Clean, and well
designed kennels. A very very nice setup.

http://www.cause4cats.com/

Ill be fabricating Stuff this weekend to install next Saturday.

It was exceptionally distracting for me..a stone cat lover..as
everytime Id stop for a moment..a big lovable cat or 3 would come over
to get his due respects, or check out what I was doing.

If anyone would care to help them out, donate etc...I give these folks
the Gunner Seal of Approval.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner Asch

Douglas Adams:
One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they
work - supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take
that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a
non-working cat. The cat wasn't a sort of clunky mechanism that was
susceptible to our available tools of analysis.

Don Addis:
Never play cat and mouse games if you're a mouse.

Bill Adler:
A cat is there when you call her - if she doesn't have anything
better to do.

Louisa May Alcott:
But buds will be roses, and kittens, cats - more's the pity!

Lloyd Alexander:
Two cats can live as cheaply as one, and their owner has twice as
much fun.

Most cats do not approach humans recklessly. The possibility of
concealed weapons, clods or sticks, tends to make them reserved.
Homeless cats in particular - with some justification, unfortunately -
consider humans their natural enemies. Much ceremony must be observed,
and a number of diplomatic feelers put out before establishing a state
of truce.

Kingsley Amis:
Cats are only human, they have their faults.

Roseanne Ambrose-Brown
Places to look: behind the books in the bookshelf, any cupboard
with a gap too small for any cat to squeeze through, the top of
anything sheer, under anything too low for a cat to squash under and
inside the piano.

Cleveland Amory:
Cats talk with their tails.

As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time
well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the
human kind.

...one of the ways in which cats show happiness is by sleeping.

To anyone who has ever been owned by a cat, it will come as no
surprise that there are all sorts of things about your cat you will
never, as long as you live, forget. Not the least of these is the
first sight of him or her.

Roseanne Anderson:
In the middle of a world that has always been a bit mad, the cat
walks with confidence.

Paul Annixter:
Passion for place - there is no greater urge in feline nature.

Michelle Argabrite:
I think my favorite thing in the house has to be the cat...mainly
because she's just like a big piece of noisy Velcro when you toss her
at the sofa.

Matthew Arnold:
Cruel, but composed and bland,
Dumb, inscrutable and grand,
So Tiberius might have sat,
Had Tiberius been a cat.

Danielle Asson:
A dog will show his love by jumping on you at the front door. A
cat will show his love by ignoring you, and then curling up next to
you when you need it most.

Alan Ayckbourn:
Cats names are more for human benefit. They give one a certain
degree more confidence that the animal belongs to you.

Peggy Bacon:
I cannot exist without a cat...Life would not be worth living
without a cat.

Stephen Baker:
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to
easily go in one ear and out the other.

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six
days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of
their lives.

Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten cats without the owner.

As a housepet, I'm overqualified.
- Speaking as a cat in How to Live with a Neurotic Cat

To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of
conviction ? and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come
by.

Oswald Barron:
She knows that nine lives are enough.

Drew Barrymo
If I die before my cat, I want a little of my ashes put in his
food so I can live inside him.

Wesley Bates:
There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat.

Charles Baudelai
Both ardent lovers and austere scholars, when once they come to
the years of discretion, love cats, so strong and gentle, the pride of
the household, who like them are sensitive to the cold, and sedentary.

Drowsing, they take the noble attitude of a great sphinx, who, in
a desert land, sleeps always, dreaming dreams that have no end.

It is easy to understand why the rabble dislike cats. A cat is
beautiful; it suggests ideas of luxury, cleanliness, voluptuous
pleasures.

Eric Temple Bell:
Cats hate water only when it is dumped on them, as who wouldn't?
Given the opportunity, they will fish diligently in the neighborhood
fish ponds.

Hilaire Belloc:
You are my cat and I am your human.

Margaret Benson:
A plate is distasteful to a cat, a newspaper still worse; they
like to eat sticky pieces of meat sitting on a cushioned chair or a
nice Persian rug.

A cat must either have beauty and breeding, or it must have a
profession.

Ellen Perry Berkeley:
As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.

Ambrose Bierce:
Cat: a soft indestructible automaton provided by nature to be
kicked when things go wrong in the domestic circle.

Rev. W. Bingley:
Cats, by means of their whiskers, seem to possess something like
an additional sense: these have, perhaps, some analogy to the antennae
of moths and butterflies.

Roy Blount, Jr.:
If a cat spoke, it would say things like "Hey, I don't see the
problem here."

Cats have intercepted my footsteps at the ankle for so long that
my gait, both at home and on tour, has been compared to that of a man
wading through low surf.

Mary Bly:
Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to
you later.

R. H. Blyth:
I myself think to have a cat is more important than to have a
Bible.

Michael Bolton:
Cats are cool. They have style, personality, sophistication, and
just the right amount of confidence.

Elayne Boosler:
A man who was loved by 300 women singled me out to live with him.
Why? I was the only one without a cat.

Charles J. Brady:
The real measure of a day's heat is the length of a sleeping cat.

Arthur Bridges:
A cat isn't fussy - just so long as you remember he likes his milk
in the shallow, rose-patterned saucer and his fish on the blue plate.
From which he will take it, and eat it off the floor.

Philip Brown:
It was difficult to feel vexed by a creature that burst into a
chorus of purring as soon as I spoke to him.

Dereke Bruce:
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
him.

Jean Burden:
Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still
only a whisker away from the wilds.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem.

H. Monger Burdock:
A cat sleeping on your bed is a far more pleasant companion than a
ninety-pound Labrador with bad breath. Furthermore, cats do not snore
or break wind.

Edward Burlingame:
I love cats. I even think we have one at home.

Maurice Burton:
Anyone who claims that a cat cannot give a dirty look either has
never kept a cat or is singularly unobservant.

Martin Buxbaum:
If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow
upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr.

Robert Byrne:
To err is human, to purr feline.

Dr. Louis J. Camuti:
Most cats, when they are Out want to be In, and vice versa, and
often simultaneously.

There is something about the presence of a cat...that seems to
take the bite out of being alone.

In my experience, cats and beds seem to be a natural combination.

Cat people are different, to the extent that they generally are
not conformists. How could they be, with a cat running their lives?

Work - other people's work - is an intolerable idea to a cat. Can
you picture cats herding sheep or agreeing to pull a cart? They will
not inconvenience themselves to the slightest degree.

Karel Capek:
Quite obviously a cat trusts human beings; but she doesn't trust a
cat because she knows her better than we do.

Roger A. Caras:
Cats don't like change without their consent.

Cats can be cooperative when something feels good, which, to a
cat, is the way everything is supposed to feel as much of the time as
possible.

The cat is a creature of most refined and subtle perceptions
naturally.

William H. A. Carr:
Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving
families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them.

Few people are mugwumps about the cat.

Winifred Carrie
Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not
always care enough to do anything about it.

If a cat did not put a firm paw down now and then, how could his
human remain possessed.

I suspect that many an ailurophobe hates cats only because he
feels they are better than he is - more honest, more secure, more
loved, more whatever he is not.

Lewis Carroll:
It is a very inconvenient habit of kittens (Alice had once made
the remark) that whatever you say to them, they always purr.

Jacob Cats:
If one owns a pretty cat, it's best to avoid the furrier.

Jules Champfleury:
The love of dress is very marked in this attractive animal. He is
proud of the lustre of his coat, and cannot endure that a hair of it
shall lie the wrong way.

There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten. He makes
perilous voyages into cellar and attic, he scales the roofs of
neighboring houses, he thrusts his little inquiring nose into
half-shut doors...he gets himself into every kind of trouble, and he's
always sorry when it is too late.

Raymond Chandler:
I said something which gave you to think I hated cats. But gad,
sir, I am one of the most fanatical cat lovers in the business. If you
hate them, I may learn to hate you. If your allergies hate them, I
will tolerate the situation to the best of my ability.

Ray Charles:
Whether they be the musician cats in my band or the real cats of
the world, they all got style.

Emile Auguste Chartier:
Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and
the cat.

Francois Rene de Chateaubriand:
The cat lives alone. He has no need of society. He obeys only when
he wishes, he pretends to sleep the better to see, and scratches
everything he can scratch.

When we caress her, she stretches herself and arches her back
responsively; but this is because she feels an agreeable sensation,
not because she takes a silly satisfaction, like the dog, in
faithfully loving a thankless master.

Chaucer:
Take a cat, nourish it well with milk
And tender meat, make it a couch of silk,
But let it see a mouse along the wall
And it abandones milk and meat and all.

Winston Churchill:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat
us as equals.

Seymour and Paula Chwast:
Getting a cat is a greater commitment than getting married.

John Ciardi:
The thing about cats,
As you may find,
Is that no one knows
What they have in mind.

Eleanor Clark:
Even the stupidest cat seems to know more than any dog.

Susy Clemens (daughter of author Mark Twain):
Momma loves morals and Papa loves cats.

Jean Cocteau:
I love my cats because I love my home, and little by little they
become its visible soul.

Colette:
There are no ordinary cats.

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

By associating with the cat, one only risks becoming richer.

I am indebted to the species of the cat for a particular kind of
honorable deceit, for a great control over myself, for a
characteristic aversion to brutal sounds, and for the need to keep
silent for long period of time.

Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

My cat does not talk as respectfully to me as I do to her.

There stands before you, gray like all the other grays but one
whom you won't confuse, having seen her once, with any other gray cat,
she who rejects the names of queens, the childish diminutives, and is
called - as if she were he only one in the world - Cat.

O cat of ashen coat! To the uninitiated you look like every other
gray cat on earth, lazy, oblivious, morose, somewhat listless, neuter,
bored...but I know you to be wildly tender, and whimsical, jealous to
the point of starving yourself, talkative, paradoxically awkward, and,
on occasion, as tough as a young mastiff.

Charles Horton Cooley:
A cat cares for you only as a source of food, security, and a
place in the sun. Her high self-sufficiency is her charm.

Megan Coughlin:
We need a word for all the kitty-prints that are all over my
windshield because the cats like to lie on my hood when the car is
still warm.

I'm aloof, I like to run around outside, but I also like to curl
up in warm spots. I eat fish.
[Explaining why she would make a good cat]

William Cowper:
A poet's cat, sedate and grave
As a poet well could wish to have...

Time, that spoils all things, will, I suppose, make her also a
cat...For no wisdom that she may gain by experience and reflection
hereafter will compensate for the loss of her present hilarity.

Nelson A. Crawford:
The cat lives his own life; he expects you to live yours.

Will Cuppy:
If a cat does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same
thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence.

Edward Dahlberg:
One cat in a house is a sign of loneliness, two of barrenness, and
three of sodomy.

Patricia Dale-Green:
There is one way in which cats differ from all other animals and
that is in the effect they have on human beings.

Erasmus Darwin:
To respect the cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense.

Robertson Davies:
Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise
creatures, and cats like authors for the same reasons.

The great charm of cats is their rampant egotism, their
devil-may-care attitude toward responsibility, their disinclination to
earn an honest dollar...cats are disdainful of everything but their
own immediate interests.

The kitten has a luxurious, Bohemian, unpuritanical nature. It
eats six meals a day, plays furiously with a toy mouse and a piece of
rope, and suddenly falls into a deep sleep whenever the fit takes it.
It never feels the necessity to do anything to justify its existence;
it does not want to be a Good Citizen; it has never heard of Service.
It knows that it is beautiful and delightful, and it considers that a
sufficient contribution to the general good. And in return for its
beauty and charm it expects fish, meat, and vegetables, a comfortable
bed, a chair by the grate fire, and endless petting.

Leonardo da Vinci:
The smallest feline is a masterpiece.

James Davis, DVM:
Cats are just little hair factories.

Jim Davis:
Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have
the courage to live by them.

Cats instinctively know the precise moment their owners will
awaken...then they awaken them ten minutes earlier.

They say a cat always lands on his feet, but they don't mention
the pain. (as Garfield the cat)

Miguel de Cervantes:
In the night all cats are gray.

Those who will play with cats must expect to get scratched.

Bernos de Gasztold:
Wouldn't You like someday
To put a curse on the whole race of dogs?
If so, I should say, Amen.

Jean de la Fontaine:
Cats know not how to pardon.

J. J. L. de Lalande:
I love cats, I adore cats, and may be forgiven for putting one in
the sky, after sixty years of hard work.
[On his efforts to launch a cat into space]

F. A. Paradis de Moncrif:
Everything that moves, serves to interest and amuse a cat. He is
convinced that nature is busying herself with his diversion; he can
conceive of no other purpose in the universe.

Michel deMontaigne:
When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime for her
more than she is to me?

Sidney Denham:
Cats do not go for a walk to get somewhere but to explore.

Alan Devoe:
We tie bright ribbons around their necks, and occasionally little
tinkling bells, and we affect to think that they are as sweet and
vapid as the coy name "kitty" by which we call them would imply. It is
a curious illusion. For purring beside our fireplaces and pattering
along our back fences, we have got a wild beast as uncowed and
uncorrupted as any under heaven.

Barbara L. Diamond:
Does the father figure in your cat's life ever clean the litter
box? My husband claims that men lack the scooping gene.

Blaga Dimitrova:
A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

Missy Dizick:
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and
they have many other fine qualities as well.

Question: What about the way cats claw the upholstery?
Answer: Learn to like fringe!

Rev. Orlando Thomas Dobbin:
Confound the cats! All cats--alway--
Cats of all colours, black, white, grey;
By night a nuisance and by day--
Confound the cats!

Allen and Ivy Dodd:
There are people who reshape the world by force or argument, but
the cat just lies there, dozing; and the world quietly reshapes itself
to suit his comfort and convenience.

Mary Abigail Dodge:
What's virtue in a man can't be vice in a cat.

Francis Duffy:
Experience is valuable in most human endeavors, but the problem of
getting a cat down out of a tree is new every time it arises.

Leo Dworken:
No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no
amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your
couch.

Warren Eckstein:
In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He
gave him the cat.

Anthony Edwards:
Cats are independent, but completely loyal friends for life.

George Eliot:
I'm not one o' those as can see the cat i' the dairy, an' wonder
what she's come after.

Who can tell what just criticisms Murr the cat may be passing on
us beings of wider speculation?

T. S. Eliot:
When a Cat adopts you there is nothing to be done about it except
to put up with it until the wind changes.

Ebenezer Elliott:
If 'twere not for my cat and dog, I think I could not live.

Lee Entrekin:
Nature abhors a vacuum, but not as much as cats do.

Evan Esar:
The cat: an animal that' so unpredictable, you can never tell in
advance how it will ignore you the next time.

A creature that never cries over spilt milk: a cat.

Anthony Henderson Euwer:
Some cats is blind,
And stone-deaf some,
But ain't no cat
Wuz ever dumb.

Chris Evert:
Cats are peaceful and tranquil - they bring calmness with their
serene personalities.

JIm Fiebig:
You own a dog; you feed a cat.

W. C. Fields:
The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath.

Lenore Fleischer:
When you're special to a cat, you're special indeed - she brings
to you the gift of her preference of you, the sight of you, the sound
of your voice, the touch of your hand.

Dr. Bruce Fogle:
While you might see a cat on a hot tin roof, a dog on a hot tin
roof would be yowling its head off.

François Fossier:
Cats are forever.

Michael W. Fox, DVM:
They purr to signal a relaxed mood, And their purring may also
help relax them and those around them who feel and hear their purring
- like getting a nice massage in sound.

Benjamin Franklin:
The cat in gloves catches no mice.

Thomas Fuller:
Nothing's more playful than a young cat, nor more grave than an
old one.

James Gallagher:
I can see stopping a car for a dog. But a cat? You squish a cat
and go on.

Mavis Gallant:
"What is the appeal about cats?" he said kindly. "I've always
wanted to know." "They don't care i you like them. They haven't the
slightest notion of gratitude, and they never pretend. They take what
you have to offer, and away they go."

Paul Gallico:
I think of a woman as something like myself.
[translating from cat language]

All you have to remember is Rule 1: When in doubt - wash.

Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin - or skin to fur.

Francis Galton:
The cat is the only non-gregarious domestic animal.

Michelle Gardner:
Don't think that I'm silly for liking it, I just happen to like
the simple little things, and I love cats!

Georgina Strickland Gates:
Her function is to sit and be admired.

Theophile Gautier:
The cat is a dilettante in fur.

Dynasties of cats, as numerous as the dynasties of the Pharaohs,
succeed each other under my roof. The memory of the cats we have lost
fades like the memory of men.

Sometimes he sits at your feet looking into your face with an
expression so gentle and caressing that the depth of this gaze
startles you. Who can believe that there is no soul behind those
luminous eyes!

It is a matter to gain the affection of a cat. He is a
philosophical animal, tenacious of his own habits, fond of order and
neatness, and disinclined to extravagant sentiment. He will be your
friend, if he finds you worthy of friendship, but not your slave. He
keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he
thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with
absolute confidence and fidelity of affection.

God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the
tiger.

Delphine Gay:
The catlike man is one upon whom no tricks can be played with
success.

W. L. George:
Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without
confinement, and love without penalties.

Alberto Giacometti:
It depends on what is in my house. If there was a cat, and my
works, I would save the cat. A cat's life is more important than art.
[when asked which of his sculptures he would rescue from a
fire]

Rumer Godden:
For a dyed-in-the-wool author nothing is as dead as a book once it
is written...She is rather like a cat whose kittens have grown up.
While they were a-growing she was passionately interested in them but
now they seem hardly to belong to her - and probably she is involved
with another batch of kittens as I am involved with other writing.

Bill Goldberg:
These guys [his cats Curly, Larry and Moe] entertain, love and are
always there for me. I can never express how much I care for these
three. All of my cats are adopted and all show their gratitude on a
daily basis. I don't know where I would be without them.

James Gorman:
Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this by all the
time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's
idea of personal grooming is to roll in a dead fish.

Cats don't bark and act brave when they see something small in fur
or feathers - they kill it. Dogs tend to bravado. They're braggarts.
In the great evolutionary drama, the dog is Sergeant Bilko, the cat is
Rambo.

Bruce Graham:
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will
**** on your computer.

Charlotte Gray:
After scolding one's cat one looks into its face and is seized by
the ugly suspicion that it understood every word. And has filed it for
reference.

Paul Gray:
Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things
were created to serve man.

Patricia Dale Green:
Cats have always been associated with the Moon. Like the Moon,
they come to life at night, escaping from humanity and wandering over
housetops with their eyes beaming out through the darkness.

Dan Greenberg:
There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables
one to come off as a sane person.

Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is
a near-perfect method of writing avoidance.

Gilbert Gude:
Maybe in the future we should add one more question to those we
ask of presidential candidates - we should ask them where they stand
on cats. Better still, we should demand to see the cats these
candidates say they have raised, just to make sure we are not having
the fur pulled over our eyes.

Eric Gurney:
The really great thing about cats is their endless variety. One
can pick a cat to fit almost any kind of decor, color scheme, income,
personality, mood. But under the fur; whatever color it may be, there
still lies, essentially unchanged, one of the world's free souls.

Bonni Elizabeth Hall (and Missycat):
When you come upon your cat, deep in meditation, staring
thoughtfully at something that you can't see, just remember that your
cat is, in fact, running the universe.

Elizabeth Hamilton:
Which is the more beautiful, feline movement or feline stillness?

Gail Hamilton:
What's virtue in a man can't be virtue in a cat.

Terri L. Haney:
Apparently, through scientific research, it has been determined
that a cat's affection gland is stimulated by snoring, thus explaining
my cat's uncontrollable urge to rub against my face at 2 a.m.

Okay, cats will never bring you pictures they've drawn in school,
but they may give you a dead mouse. What parent could resist that
gift?

Vicki Hearne:
Cats do not declare their love much; they enact it, by their
myriad invocations of our pleasure.

Robert A. Heinlein:
How we behave towards cats here below determines out status in
heaven.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should
relax and get used to the idea.

Dorothy Heller:
No catnip tree
Could offer bliss
Of magnitude
To equal this
As in a transport
Of delight
My spaced-out cougar
Spends the night
His nose in cozy
Rendezvous
With my malodorous
Jogging shoe.

Ernest Hemingway:
One cat just leads to another.

Robert Herrick:
True calendars, as Pusses eare
Washt o're, to tell what change is neare.

A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason
or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.

Tay Hohoff:
There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed
by a cat.

Barbara Holland:
There is no 'cat language.' Painful as it is for us to admit, they
don't need one!

Lynn Hollyn:
Essentially, you do not so much teach your cat as bribe him.

If left to their own devices, felines tend to nap and nibble
throughout the day and night, scarcely differentiating between the
two.

Geoffrey Household:
I have noticed that what cats most appreciate in a human being is
not the ability to produce food which they take for granted--but his
or her entertainment value.

Mildred R. Howland:
In his castle
He is King
And I his vassal.

Aldous Huxley:
If you want to be a psychological novelist and write about human
beings, the best thing you can do is keep a pair of cats.

No man has ever dared to manifest his boredom so insolently as
does a Siamese tomcat.

J. K. Huysmans:
In the matter of animals I love only cats, but I love them
unreasonably for their qualities and in spite of their numerous
faults. I have only one, but I could not live without a cat.

William Ralph Inge:
A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more
than can be said for human beings.

Lesley Anne Ivory:
Cats are glorious creatures who must on no accounts be
underestimated...Their eyes are fathomless depths of cat-world
mysteries.

David James:
After extensive research, I have determined that cats do have nine
lives. But this has made for some awkward moments on the autopsy table
since you can never really tell which life is nine.

Lillian Johnson:
Some people say man is the most dangerous animal on the planet.
Obviously those people have never met an angry cat.

Michael Jordan:
Cats keep their cool, no matter what. Even when they do things
like fall or lose their balance, they'll walk away with an attitude
that seems to say, 'I meant to do that.'

Michael Joseph:
Is it yet another survival of jungle instinct, this hiding away
from prying eyes at important times? Or merely a gesture of
independence, a challenge to man and his stupid ways?

All cats are possessed of a proud spirit, and the surest way to
forfeit the esteem of a cat is to treat him as an inferior being.

Garrison Keilor:
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function.

Hank Ketchum:
Meow is like aloha - it can mean anything.

Rudyard Kipling:
The Woman laughed and said, "You are the Cat who walks by himself,
and all places are alike to you. You are neither a friend nor a
servant. You have sait it yourself. Go away and walk by yourself in
all places alike."
Then Cat pretended to be sorry and said, "Must I never come into
the Cave? Must I never sit by the warm fire? Must I never drink the
warm white milk? You are very wise and beautiful. You should not be
cruel even to a Cat."

I am not a friend and I am not a servant. I am the cat who walks
by himself, and I wish to come into your cave.

Rob Kopack:
If cats could talk, they would lie to you.

Joseph Wood Krutch:
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.

Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to
ask for what you want.

William Kunstler:
A dog is like a liberal. He wants to please everybody. A cat
doesn't need to know that everybody loves him.

Dilys Laing:
I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling
into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have
already read it. She looks up and gives me her full gaze. Don't be
ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.

William S. Landor:
Cats, like men, are flatters.

Andrew Lang:
Of all animals, the cat alone attains to the comtemplative life.
He regards the wheel of existence from without, like the Buddha.

Doug Larson:
The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop
to admitting it.

Jay Leno:
I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent,
they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay
out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and
sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they
love in a cat.

Elizabeth Lemarchand:
A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful
of dark treacle, and melted under a gate.

Doris Lessing:
If a fish is the movement of water embodied, given shape, then a
cat is a diagram and pattern of subtle air.

Oh, cat; I'd say, or pray: be-ooootiful cat!Delicious cat!
Exquisite cat! Satiny cat! Cat like a soft owl, cat with paws like
moths, jeweled cat, miraculous cat!

Paul Leyhausen:
Friendship between cats can exist, but more or less in the same
way that it can exist for a not very sociable man who spends his time
in proviking others, and who, when asked why he does not have any
friends, replies: "I would like to have them - but they are so
ignoble!"

If a cat is creeping up on prey and realizes that another cat is
watching, it will straighten up and act disinterested.

Tina Lifford:
I love how independent and self-contained they are. I always feel
it's an honor when one decides to let you into their world with a rub
against the leg or a quick jump into your lap.

Abraham Lincoln:
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of
kittens.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog or cat is not the better
for it.

I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is
the way of a whole human being.

Charles Lindbergh:
It's too dangerous a journey to risk the cat's life.
[Explaining why his kitten, Patsy, didn't accompany him on
his legendary transatlantic flight.]

Konrad Lorenz:
The cat is a wild animal that inhabits the homes of humans.

Pierre Loti:
Cats are possessed of a shy, retiring nature, cajoling, haughty,
and capricious, difficult to fathom. They reveal themselves only to
certain favored individuals, and are repelled by the faintest
suggestion of insult or even by the most trifling deception.

E. V. Lucas:
I will admit to feeling exceedingly proud when any cat has singled
me out for notice; for, of course, every cat is really the most
beautiful woman in the room. That is part of their deadly fascination.

Sharon Lundblad:
A cat is a very special friend who comes into your life. When it
comes it brings warmth, companionship, contentment and love. Whether
it's long-haired, short-haired, pedigreed or "heinz" makes no
difference.
A cat, though independent, has a way of letting you know that
without you life just wouldn't be worthwhile.
If you're lucky enough to own a cat consider yourself one of
life's winners because when you have a cat around you'll never be
lonely; the sound of its purr will give you comfort, and as you hold
it and pet it, stress will slip away.

John D. MacDonald:
If a cat can detect no self-advantage in what it is being told to
do, it says the hell with it, and, if pressure is brought to bear, it
will grow increasingly surly and irritable to the point where it is
hopeless to continue.

Larry Madrid:
If you put down food and the cat eats, it's hungry. If it doesn't,
it isn't.

Steve Martin:
I gave my cat a bath the other day. He just sat there. Actually, I
think he enjoyed it. It wasn't very fun for me, though. The fur kind
of stuck to my tongue.

Groucho Marx:
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere.

James Mason:
Cats do not have to be show how to have a good time, for they are
unfailing ingenious in that respect.

Donna McCrohan:
A cat can purr its way out of anything.

Rod McKuen:
There has never been a cat
Who couldn't calm me down
By walking slowly
Past my chair

Stuart McMillan:
A meow massages the heart.

Patricia McPherson:
I think it would be great to be a cat! You come and go as you
please. People always feed and pet you. They don't expect much of you.
You can play with them, and when you've had enough, you go away. You
can pick and choose who you want to be around. You can't ask for more
than that.

Ernest Menual:
The cat has too much spirit to have no heart.

These furry buggers are just deep, deep wells you throw all you
emotions into.

Fernand Mery:
With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity,
and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be
capable of becoming cats?

God made the cat in order that man might have the pleasure of
caressing the lion.

Are cats lazy? Well, more power to them if they are. Which one of
us has not entertained the dream of doing just as he likes, when and
how he likes, and as much as he likes?

Leonard Michaels:
Looking at a cat, like looking at clouds or stars or the ocean,
makes it difficult to believe there is nothing miraculous in this
world.

Bette Midler:
Cats always seem so very wise, when staring with their half-closed
eyes. Can they be thinking, "I'll be nice, and maybe she will feed me
twice"?

George Mikes:
You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because
cats find humans useful domestic animals.

A dog will flatter you but you have to flatter the cat.

Susanne Millen:
Only cat lovers know the luxury of fur-coated, musical hot water
bottles that never go cold.

Jacquelyn Mitchard:
Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture.

St. George Mivart:
We cannot without becoming cats, perfectly understand the cat
mind.

The smart cat doesn't let on that he is.

Harold Monro:
When the tea is brought at five o'clock
And all the neat curtains are drawn with care,
The little black cat with bright green eyes
Is suddenly purring there.

Lady Sydney Morgan:
The playful kitten with its pretty little tigerish gambole is
infinitely more amusing than half the people one is obliged to live
with in the world.

Morris the Cat:
Personally, I don't believe felines are a fad. We're here to stay.

Desmond Morris:
Artists like cats; soldiers like dogs.

Wright Morris:
Cats don't belong to people. They belong to places.

Penny Ward Moser:
When my cats aren't happy, I'm not happy. Not because I care about
their mood but because I know they're just sitting there thinking up
ways to get even.

Ogden Nash:
The trouble with a Kitten is that,
Eventually it becomes a Cat!

Beverly Nichols:
Most of us rather like our cats to have a streak of wickedness. I
should not feel quite easy in the company of any cat that walked about
the house with a saintly expression.

John S. Nichols:
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.

Hazel Nicholson:
A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution.

Alwin Nikolais:
A cat is never a presentation, but an innocent happening.

Ernest Nister:
But you must not think we allowed our kittens to behave badly. On
the contrary, we tried all we could to teach them good
manners..."Well, I told you kittens are mischievous," Nanny said. "And
some are more mischievous than others."

P. J. O'Rourke:
Cats are to dogs what modern people are to the people we used to
have. Cats are slimmer, cleaner, more attractive, disloyal, and lazy.
Cats are irresponsible and recognize no authority, yet are completely
dependent on others for their material needs. Cats cannot be made to
do anything useful. Cats are mean for the fun of it. In fact, cats
possess so many of the same qualities as some people (expensive
girlfriends, for instance) that it's often hard to tell the people and
the cats apart.

Its easy to understand why the cat has eclipsed the dog as modern
America's favorite pet. People like pets to possess the same qualities
they do. Cats are irresponsible and recognize no authority, yet are
completely dependent on others for their material needs. Cats cannot
be made to do anything useful. Cats are mean for the fun of it.

Lynn M. Osband:
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it
pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world.

Camille Paglia:
Cats are autocrats of naked self-interest. They are both amoral
and immoral, consciously breaking rules. Their ''evil'' look at such
times is no human projection: the cat may be the only animal who
savors the perverse or reflects upon it.

Thomas Paine:
Our character is what God and cats know of us.

Fannie Roach Palmer:
I always find it curious as to why I take such great pains to keep
my cat's bowls clean when I know I'll look out the window and see her
with a dead mouse in her mouth.

James Patterson:
Cats are like Baptists. You KNOW they raise hell,but you can never
catch them at it.

Mugsy Peabody:
A dog is a dog, a bird is a bird, and a cat is a person.

Elizabeth Peters:
The cat Bastet sat perched on the rim of the tub, watching me
through slitted golden eyes. She was fascinated by baths. I suppose
total immersion in water must have seemed to her a peculiar method of
cleansing oneself.

Kathrine Palmer Peterson:
Cats are masters of sublime hisssstrionics.

You'll never need a lawn ornament if you have a cat in the yard.

Our words should be purrs not hisses.

Richard L. Peterson:
Each cat has a distinct purrsonality.

My cat is concerned with the economy because his favorite kitty
kibbles are over $1.00 a pound. He figures that's close to $15.00 a
pound in cat currency.

Cat scan: When a cat checks out a yard for prey.

William Lyon Phelps:
A cat pours his body on the floor like water. It is restful just
to see him.

Dave Platt:
Managing senior programmers is like herding cats.

Arthur Ponsonby:
Cats have a curious effect on people. They seem to excite more
extreme sentiments than any other animals. There are people who cannot
remain in the room with a cat - who feel instinctively the presence of
a cat even though they do not actually see it. On the other hand,
there are people who, whatever they may be doing, will at once get up
and fondle a cat immediately [when] they see it.

Eleanor H. Porter:
It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than
other folks do, isn't it?

Nan Porter:
If cats could talk, they wouldn't.

Paula Poundstone:
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on
their faces whether they see a moth or an ax-murderer.

Albert Pujois:
There are many lessons we can learn from our cats.

Eric S. Raymond:
It is widely grokked that cats have the hacker nature.

Francois Rene:
The cat lives alone, has no need of society, obeys only when she
pleases, pretends to sleep that she may see the more clearly, and
scratches everything on which she can lay her paw.

Agnes Repplier:
A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at
nothing whatsoever, and generally stopping before it gets there.

Faith Resnick:
People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life.

Jules Reynard:
The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.

Hank Roll:
If cats seem distant and aloof it is because this is not their
native planet - they are here just to visit and dominate.

Jean Jacques Rousseau:
Watch a cat when it enters a room for the first time. It searches
and smells about, it is not quiet for a moment, it trusts nothing
until it has examined and made acquaintance with everything.

HBS:
Give a cat a fish and you feed her for a day; teach a cat to fish
and she will wait for you to feed her.

Leopold Von Sacher-Masoch:
Cats exercise...a magic influence upon highly developed men of
intellect. This is why these long-tailed Graces of the animal kingdom,
these adorable, scintillating electric batteries have been the
favorite animal of a Mohammed, Cardinal Richlieu, Crebillon, Rousseau,
Wieland.

Saki (H. H. Munro):
The cat is domestic only as far as suits its own ends; it will not
be kennelled or harnessed nor suffer any dictation as to its goings
out or comings in. Long contact with the human race has developed in
it the art of diplomacy, and no Roman Catholic in medieval days knew
better how to ingratiate himself with his surroundings than a cat with
a saucer of cream on its mental horizon.

He seems the incarnation of everything soft and silky and velvety,
without a sharp edge in his composition, a dreamer whose philosophy is
sleep and let sleep.

Agnes A. Sandham:
Now, as you all know, there is nothing a cat dislikes so much as
water; just watch your kitty shake her paws daintily when she steps
into a puddle, and see how disgusted she is if a drop of water falls
on her nose and back.

Bruce Schimmel:
The little furry buggers are just deep, deep wells you throw all
your emotions into.

Albert Schewitzer:
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats.

Sir Walter Scott
Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their
minds than we are aware of.

William Shakespea
A harmless, necessary cat.

I am as vigilant as a cat to steal cream.

John Simon:
I have found my love of cats most helpful in understanding women.

Gary Smith:
Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you're hungry, eat.
When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on
your owner.

Robert Southey:
Ah! Little do you know how swiftly fly
The venomed darts of feline jealousy.

A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the animal kingdom.

Robert Stearns:
Among animals, cats are the top-hatted, frock-coated statesmen
going about their affairs at their own pace. Dogs are the peasants,
dutifully plodding behind their leaders.

Since each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it
with a cat?

A human may go for a stroll with a cat; he has to walk a dog. The
cat leads the way, running ahead, tail high, making sure you
understand the arrangement. If you should happen to get ahead, the cat
will never allow you to think it is following you. It will stop and
clean some hard-to-reach spot, or investigate a suspicious movement in
the grass; you will find yourself waiting a fidgeting like the lackey
you are. But this is not annoying to cat lovers, who understand and
appreciate a good joke, even when it is on them.

Adlai Stevenson:
To escort a cat on a leash is against the nature of the cat.

It is in the nature of cats to do a certain amount of unescorted
roaming.

Joyce Stranger:
I love cats. I love their grace and their elegance. I love their
independence and their arrogance, and the way they lie and look at
you, summing you up, surely to your detriment, with that unnerving,
unwinking, appraising stare.

Linda Sunshine:
No other animal inspires such devotion as the cat.

Perhaps cats and writers simply go together because the cat is the
perfect companion for the solitary, sedentary artist.

Sir Harry Swanson:
You can't own a cat. The best you can do is be partners.

Arthur Symons:
It is in their eyes that their magic resides.

Gladys Tabor:
When cat people get together they are as single-minded as
vegetarians, or kelp and soybean addicts. For they can talk for hours
about what their cats will and will not eat. Once you meet a cat lover
you will pursue his or her cat's food predilections endlessly.

Hippolyte Taine:
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats
is infinitely superior.

Ann Taylor:
Dogs eat. Cats dine.

Jane Taylor:
I like little Pussy, her coat is so warm,
And if I don't hurt her she'll do me no harm.

A. S. J. Tessimond:
Cats, no less liquid than their shadows,
Offer no angles to the wind.
They slip, dimished, neat, through loopholes
Less than themselves.

Helen Thomson:
One is never sure, watching two cats washing each other, whether
it's affection, the taste, or a trial run for the jugular.

Henry David Thoreau:
What sort of philosophers are we who know absolutely nothing about
the origin and destiny of cats?

Dr. Edward Lee Thorndike:
Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry
cat.

James Thurber:
I am not a cat man, but a dog man, and all felines can tell this
at a glance - a sharp, vindictive glance.

Mark Twain:
If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken
fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word
too much.

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made
slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with
the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

A home without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly
revered cat may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove its
title?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn
in no other way.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that
is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they
use.

One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is
that a cat has only nine lives.

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom
that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down
on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again -
and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one
anymore.

A cat is more intelligent than people believe, and can be taught
any crime.

I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are
the cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside
of the girl you love, of course.

John Updike:
A computer and a cat are somewhat alike -- they both purr, and
like to be stroked, and spend a lot of the day motionless. They also
have secrets they don't necessarily share.

Jeff Valdez:
Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a
sled through snow.

Cynthia E. Varnado:
It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or
more kittens.

Carl van Vechten:
A cat will sit washing his face within two inches of a dog in the
most frantic state of barking rage, if the dog be chained.

The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His
intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that
complicate life.

Jules Verne:
I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure,
could walk on a cloud without coming through.

Robert J. Vogel:
A dog is a man's best friend. A cat is a cat's best friend.

Louis Wain:
I have myself found, the result of many years enquiry and study,
that all people who keep cats do not suffer from those petty ailments
which all flesh is heir to.

Intelligence in the cat is underrated.

A mouse in the paws is worth two in the pantry.

Charles Dudley Warner:
Calvin's life seens to me a fortunate one, for it was natural and
unforced. He ate when he was hungry, slept when he was sleepy, and
enjoyed existence to the very tips of his toes and the end of his
expressive and slow-moving tail.

Barbara Webster:
One reason we admire cats is for their proficiency in
one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what
they are doing, or pretend they do.

John Weitz:
Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when
fat, arrange yourself in slim poses.

Rosalind Welcher:
No one can have experienced to the fullest the true sense of
achievement and satisfaction who have never pursued and successfully
caught his tail.

Rebecca West:
Did St. Francis really preach to the birds? Whatever for? If he
really liked birds he would have done better to preach to the cats.

Alfred North Whitehead:
If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but
if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer.

Mary Wilkins:
Cats love one so much - more than they will allow. But they have
so much wisdom they keep it to themselves.

George F. Will:
Like a graceful vase, a cat, even when motionless, seems to flow.

The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron.

Robley Wilson, Jr.:
It is remarkable, in cats, that the outer life they reveal to
their master is one of perpetual confident boredom. All they betray of
the hidden life is by means of symbol; if it were not for the
recurring evidence of murder - the disemboweled rabbits, the headless
flickers, the torn squirrels - we should forever imagine our cats to
be simple pets whose highest ambition is to sleep in the best soft
chair, whose worst crime is to sharpen their claws on carpeting.

Helen M. Winslow:
Women, poets, and especially artists, like cats; delicate natures
only can realize their sensitive nervous systems.

Cats find malicious amusement in doing what they know they are not
wanted to do, and that with an affectation of innocence that
materially aggravates their deliberate offense.

P. G. Wodehouse:
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact.

The real objection to the great majority of cats is their
insufferable air of superiority.

Jack Wright:
You can visualize a hundred cats. Beyond that, you can't. Two
hundred, five hundred, it all looks the same.
[Jack Wright of Kingston, ON is listed in the Guinness Book
of World Records as the "owner" of the most cats at one time - 689.
That's a lot of masters!]

Steven Wright:
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Wynonna:
Each cat I have reminds me of unconditional love. No matter what's
going on in my professional life, I know that with my animals I'm
always #1! If I'm with my cats I'm also with God.

Deng Xiaoping:
I don't care what color the cat is, as long as it catches the rat.

W. B. Yeats:
The eyes of a cat will wax and wane with the phases of the moon.

Kathy Young:
Cats may sense early on that you don't like paw prints on your
butter, but they will jump onto any surface in the home as long as no
one sees it happen.

Cats never feel threatened. They are genetically incapable of
accepting that anyone could possibly dislike anything as perfect as a
cat.

Cats can derive their nutrition from the air they breathe until
you get the message that the Fish Fin Buffet you put in their bowl
three days ago will never be acceptable.

You must set down all the rules to your cat at the beginning of
your relationship. You cannot add rules as you go along. Once these
rules are set, you must never, under any circumstances, break any of
them. Dare to break a rule, and you will never live it down. Trust me.

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner Asch

"Managing senior programmers is like herding cats." -
-Dave Platt

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will **** on your computer." --Bruce
Graham

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants
breakfast." --Unknown

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as
gods. Cats have never forgotten this." --Anonymous

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats
to pull a sled through the snow." --Jeff Valdez

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." --
English proverb

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." --
Ellen Perry Berkeley

"One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemmingway

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message
and get back to you later." --Mary Bly

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are
subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of
one who suffered from insomnia." --Joseph Wood Krutch

"People that hate cats, will come back as mice in
their next life." --Faith Resnick

"There are many intelligent species in the universe.
They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The
wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." --Hippolyte
Taine

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats
are there to welcome me." --Unknown

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of
life: music and cats." --Albert Schweitzer

"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart." --
Ernest Menaul

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are
God."

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." --Colette

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and
cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities
as well." --Missy Dizick

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make
friends with strange cats." --Colonial American
proverb

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does
any harm to ask for what you want." --Joseph Wood
Krutch

"I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic"

"My husband said it was either him or the cat ... I
miss him sometimes."

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner Asch

wrote:

Bless you.

Hey Gunner, help me out he
I'm at Life's Crossroad he
I gotta choose between becoming a Right Wing Survivalist and a Liberal.
I'm leaning toward RWS, cuz, well, I gits to build a concrete unnerground
bunker, and also cuz, well, I cain't quite unnerstand the fukn NYTimes, and
sittin around in $tar$uck$ w/ sed Times and sundry semiliterati
latte-drinking assholes makes me sorta nauseous (liberals'n'****)..

But I think the lynch-pin g here will be:
Which group has more cats??

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.

I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Gunner, typing with 2 purr generators in his lap and one swishing his
tail, keeping the monitor dust free.

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Cliff

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:37:35 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On the Conservative side..its strong, self sufficent, confident and
competent folks who have cats.

They can always eat them.

[
Another writer, Fulcher of Chartres, describes how during a siege of
the city of Ma'arra in Syria, "Our people were so frenzied by hunger
that they tore the flesh from the Saracens who had died there, which
they chewed and devoured though it had been insufficiently cooked."
]

Including the children ....

Your kind are long remembered.
--
Cliff
doo

Hey Gunner... how about this quote?

" I love cats... they make the best chow mein!" -- Ron

Michelle P

These are great LOL
Michelle

Gunner Asch wrote:

"Managing senior programmers is like herding cats." -
-Dave Platt

Gio Medici

Gunner Asch wrote:

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.

Is that why they rub their stinky ass against your leg? Nothing to do
with the Bush doctrine of arrogant domination under the guise of
friendliness?

I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

I think that licking your own ass with a stupid smile on your face
describes most voters.

Gio

"Think of it as your elder brother kicking your ass for letting in the
cat.

Dixon

wrote:

Bless you.

Hey Gunner, help me out he
I'm at Life's Crossroad he
I gotta choose between becoming a Right Wing Survivalist and a Liberal.
I'm leaning toward RWS, cuz, well, I gits to build a concrete unnerground
bunker, and also cuz, well, I cain't quite unnerstand the fukn NYTimes,
and
sittin around in $tar$uck$ w/ sed Times and sundry semiliterati
latte-drinking assholes makes me sorta nauseous (liberals'n'****)..

But I think the lynch-pin g here will be:
Which group has more cats??

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.

I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Somehow I never pictured Gunner as a cat type guy-Gerbils maybe, but not
cats.

Dixon

Stuart Grey

wrote:

[...]

Cats demand what they are NOT due. My cat use to work for a living -
he'd catch mice, frogs, snakes and stuff and eat them. Now, he's retired
at 14 years old. When he wants food, the sadistic ******* comes up and
sinks his claws into me. :-) Not just any food, either, he wants the
fancy feast in the little cans.

Now, dogs, they know that they have to work for a living. Roll over,
beg, dance, speak, shake hands, ... they have to do tricks for every
little bit. There is no retirement. Sure, a dog that is not expected to
work will do no work. Dogs do what you expect them to do, if they know
what that is. "Work like a dog" is an expression that comes from the
fact that dogs can be very hard workers. Cattle dogs, sheep dogs, guard
dogs, police dogs, drug sniffing dogs.... Ever hear of "cattle cat"? No,
cat's don't work. Keep in mind, though, YOU'RE THE BOSS. If you're going
to run this operation, you have to train your employee, your dog. If you
want him to bring your slippers, you have to train him how to do that.
Don't think that a dog is going to open up his own services shop and
start to do things for you if you don't show him how.

Cats aren't loyal. Dogs are, even to a misurable owner. True, it is
possible to break a dogs innate loyalty, but it's difficult, you'd have
to be a really undeserving of loyalty. People who like loyalty like
dogs. People who don't care for it, or even hold loyalty in contempt,
favor cats.

Dogs are obediant, and know who's boss. Try to get a cat to come when
you call. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Let's face it, if the cat comes
to you it isn't because you called, but because you're his tuna can
opener. Leaders like dogs, dogs follow.

I am reminded of a story told about a fireman who was sometimes called
on to go to homes where a person had died for several days. He said that
invariably, the deceased dog would be lying right next to his dead
master, waiting for them to get up. Cats, on the other hand would start
to eat them.

Mark

wrote:

Libs and the insecure (yes..generally mean the same thing) tend to go
in for dogs..as they need fawning syncophants to bolster their egos.
Which is why we have a Liberal designed welfare state..and for the
same reasons. Dogs and welfare recipents beg for handouts.

Just curious, How does one get their cat into the water to retrieve a duck
that they just shot. Is it with a underhand or overhand throw? My dog just
jumps in by himself and he alerts me when someone comes on to my property.
The only thing my cat responds to is the can opener.
By that definition, I might not be conservative, But the liberals don't want
me or you hunting.

Mark

Scott

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I spent a very enjoyable..though very distracting, day Saturday, doing
some welding, engineering and whatnot. Figuring out how to install
garage doors as roofs for kennels for cats.

A very nice bunch of folks, a very well run organization and a very
large number of big, healthy and quite happy cats. Clean, and well
designed kennels. A very very nice setup.

http://www.cause4cats.com/

Ill be fabricating Stuff this weekend to install next Saturday.

It was exceptionally distracting for me..a stone cat lover..as
everytime Id stop for a moment..a big lovable cat or 3 would come over
to get his due respects, or check out what I was doing.

If anyone would care to help them out, donate etc...I give these folks
the Gunner Seal of Approval.

Cats make great reactive targets.

Stuart Grey

wrote:

Libs and the insecure (yes..generally mean the same thing) tend to go
in for dogs..as they need fawning syncophants to bolster their egos.
Which is why we have a Liberal designed welfare state..and for the
same reasons. Dogs and welfare recipents beg for handouts.

Just curious, How does one get their cat into the water to retrieve a duck
that they just shot. Is it with a underhand or overhand throw? My dog just
jumps in by himself and he alerts me when someone comes on to my property.
The only thing my cat responds to is the can opener.
By that definition, I might not be conservative, But the liberals don't want
me or you hunting.

Mark

All you need to know about cats and dogs, liberals and conservatives:
http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/ma...rps_mascot.htm

How many cats made Sargent major!?

The Dog is NOT the liberals pet.

Gio Medici

"Dixon" wrote:

Somehow I never pictured Gunner as a cat type guy- Gerbils maybe, but not
cats.

Why not? Based on the majority of his posts, he would certainly have
pets that eat songbirds, and not mind at all living in a trailer that
smells like cat ****.

Gio
E.B.

I like cats very much, but I also keep in mind my OWN quote when
considering to adopt another:

"My old dogs have always cared about me, but all my old cats ever did
was crap outside of the litter box."

I also knew a guy who wanted to save how many words he had to speak at
home: He named his cat "Dammit."

All meant in good humor,

E.B.

rigger

Gunner, typing with 2 purr generators in his lap and one swishing his
tail, keeping the monitor dust free.
They say having a cat is soothing to your health. I don't know about
that but I DO know my dog would give his life to protect me or my
family; unlike cats which are inherently cowards. But, what-the-heck,
if you like freeloaders (not being critical of only the Republicans
here Gunner) go for it.

dennis
in nca

E.B.

I know guys who used cats to train their coon hounds.

Stuart Grey

E.B. wrote:
I know guys who used cats to train their coon hounds.

I don't even want to know....

Stuart Grey

Why wrote:
[...]

BINGO! That's why I have Dobermans, they work guarding. Plus they keep
the tax man away.

Speaking of the tax man, the original reason why dogs tails were cut
short was so that the tax man could tell a working dog from a pet.
Working dogs were not taxed, pets were.

E.B.

I don't even want to know....

LOL

Gunner Asch

On 13 Nov 2005 06:36:09 -0800, "doo" wrote:

Hey Gunner... how about this quote?

" I love cats... they make the best chow mein!" -- Ron

or "Cats..the other white meat"

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner Asch

wrote:

[...]

Richard Gere is the Gerbil type....Democrat too G

for torturing the cat." Gunner

E.B.

This is getting too political for the poor cats to handle. Well, as
my coon-huntin' buddies used to say, "Time to call in the dogs and ****
on the fire."

Stuart Grey

Why I love dogs: Moslems hate dogs, and declare them unclean.

E.B.

Just in case anyone didn't get the meaning "Call in the dogs and ****
on the fire," is meant to imply it is time to quit hunting or simply to
leave. (The dogs aren't tracking anything and everyone is smoking
PallMalls around a fire in the woods.)

Scott

"Stuart Grey" wrote in message

Why I love dogs: Moslems hate dogs, and declare them unclean.

Figures.

I have two 120+ pound Akita's that *love* cats.

The last one they got hold of was about 3 feet long before it broke...

Stuart Grey

Why wrote:
BINGO! That's why I have Dobermans, they work guarding. Plus they keep
the tax man away.

Speaking of the tax man, the original reason why dogs tails were cut
short was so that the tax man could tell a working dog from a pet.
Working dogs were not taxed, pets were.

Well, the guy that invented Dobermans was a tax collector & needed a
guard dog with short hair & cropped ears & no tail to protect him from
people that didn't like the tax collectors . There is not much to grab
on in a Doberman. Oh this was about cats, dobes like cats

I don't hate cats, nor do I wish harm on cats. But I like dogs that are
well trained and well behaved. .

Peter Grey

"Why" wrote in message
Well, the guy that invented Dobermans was a tax collector & needed a
guard dog with short hair & cropped ears & no tail to protect him from
people that didn't like the tax collectors . There is not much to grab
on in a Doberman. Oh this was about cats, dobes like cats

Long ago a neighbor of ours owned a Doberman. It was a mean dog that my Mom
wouldn't let me near. He decided to go after another neighbor's cat one day
and ended up with some nasty scratches and half his nose shredded. The cat
was unharmed and unfazed. I don't believe that Doberman had much to do with
kitties after that.

Thinking about that cat reminds me of the killer bunny rabbits in MP and the
Holy Grail. The dog still scared the hell out of me, however.

Peter

Peter Grey

I like cats but one is enough for us. I don't like dogs; or perhaps I
should say I don't like the way most dogs behave. The majority of them put
their muddy front paws on your leg looking for attention while their owners
make comments about how cute it is that "spotrover likes you".

Cats are cool.

Peter
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I spent a very enjoyable..though very distracting, day Saturday, doing
some welding, engineering and whatnot. Figuring out how to install
garage doors as roofs for kennels for cats.

A very nice bunch of folks, a very well run organization and a very
large number of big, healthy and quite happy cats. Clean, and well
designed kennels. A very very nice setup.

http://www.cause4cats.com/

Ill be fabricating Stuff this weekend to install next Saturday.

It was exceptionally distracting for me..a stone cat lover..as
everytime Id stop for a moment..a big lovable cat or 3 would come over
to get his due respects, or check out what I was doing.

If anyone would care to help them out, donate etc...I give these folks
the Gunner Seal of Approval.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Stuart Grey

Peter Grey wrote:
I like cats but one is enough for us. I don't like dogs; or perhaps I
should say I don't like the way most dogs behave. The majority of them put
their muddy front paws on your leg looking for attention while their owners
make comments about how cute it is that "spotrover likes you".

Cats are cool.

On the back paws of cats, that brown stuff isn't mud, bud... ;-)

Cliff

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:34:40 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

I like cats but one is enough for us.

They really are better off with a few friends of the
same species too I think.
Cats ARE social creatures.
--
Cliff

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:16:03 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Proctologically Violated©®" quickly quoth:

Bless you.

Hey Gunner, help me out he
I'm at Life's Crossroad he
I gotta choose between becoming a Right Wing Survivalist and a Liberal.
I'm leaning toward RWS, cuz, well, I gits to build a concrete unnerground
bunker, and also cuz, well, I cain't quite unnerstand the fukn NYTimes, and
sittin around in $tar$uck$ w/ sed Times and sundry semiliterati
latte-drinking assholes makes me sorta nauseous (liberals'n'****)..

Given that the current RW administration is sure to destroy the
nation, and seeing that the Liberal admin which will soon replace it
will continue the total destruction, I think heading the RWS direction
is in your best interest, PV. Once you learn the basics and advanced
tips, you can bail for greener and less cowpie-filled pastures.

But I think the lynch-pin g here will be:
Which group has more cats??

Liberals, fer sher. Go RWS, boy!

Sign me: JAMSIT
(Just Another Middle-of-the-road Survivalist in Training.)

--

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has
become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by

-President Ronald Reagan
First Inaugural Address
Tuesday, January 20, 1981
Greg Menke

"Peter Grey" writes:

"Why" wrote in message
Well, the guy that invented Dobermans was a tax collector & needed a
guard dog with short hair & cropped ears & no tail to protect him from
people that didn't like the tax collectors . There is not much to grab
on in a Doberman. Oh this was about cats, dobes like cats

Long ago a neighbor of ours owned a Doberman. It was a mean dog that my Mom
wouldn't let me near. He decided to go after another neighbor's cat one day
and ended up with some nasty scratches and half his nose shredded. The cat
was unharmed and unfazed. I don't believe that Doberman had much to do with
kitties after that.

Thinking about that cat reminds me of the killer bunny rabbits in MP and the
Holy Grail. The dog still scared the hell out of me, however.

A friend of mine has a fantastic German Shepherd, hips getting a bit
dodgy these days but a dignified, smart and well trained dog who
generally got on very well with any other animals. My buddy's
girlfriend at the time did animal rescues and the house was usually full
of hardcases off the street. At one point they had a cat called "Les"
who was the hardest of all. Les so terrified the dog that it would sit
on top of the bed whimpering all day while the cat lurked beneath. Les
tortured the dog just for kicks. Les eventually escaped and was never
seen again but he ruled the roost with an iron claw.

My favorite cat of theirs was Boris, the biggest furriest black cat you
could well imagine, he liked to sit on the stairs and look through the
railing, just like a sphinx.

Gregm
Gary Brady

Peter Grey wrote:
I like cats but one is enough for us. I don't like dogs; or perhaps I
should say I don't like the way most dogs behave. The majority of them put
their muddy front paws on your leg looking for attention while their owners
make comments about how cute it is that "spotrover likes you".

....or smell your crotch. It infuriates me when some Lab owner thinks
it's OK for his damn dog to sniff my crotch!

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:25:51 GMT, the renowned Gary Brady
wrote:

Peter Grey wrote:
I like cats but one is enough for us. I don't like dogs; or perhaps I
should say I don't like the way most dogs behave. The majority of them put
their muddy front paws on your leg looking for attention while their owners
make comments about how cute it is that "spotrover likes you".

...or smell your crotch. It infuriates me when some Lab owner thinks
it's OK for his damn dog to sniff my crotch!

LOL How about when they vigorously snorf some lady's privates at
'that' time of the month..

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Gio Medici

"E.B." wrote:

Just in case anyone didn't get the meaning "Call in the dogs and ****
on the fire," is meant to imply it is time to quit hunting or simply to
leave. (The dogs aren't tracking anything and everyone is smoking
PallMalls around a fire in the woods.)

Here's the exact meaning:

Your goddamned dogs are out waking folks up chasing deer somewhere,
the booze is all gone, and you're gonna go home and take the phone off
the hook. I've shot a bunch of hounds.

Gio