Greg Menke

Default Cats-Metalworking G

"Peter Grey" writes:

"Why" wrote in message
Well, the guy that invented Dobermans was a tax collector & needed a
guard dog with short hair & cropped ears & no tail to protect him from
people that didn't like the tax collectors . There is not much to grab
on in a Doberman. Oh this was about cats, dobes like cats

Long ago a neighbor of ours owned a Doberman. It was a mean dog that my Mom
wouldn't let me near. He decided to go after another neighbor's cat one day
and ended up with some nasty scratches and half his nose shredded. The cat
was unharmed and unfazed. I don't believe that Doberman had much to do with
kitties after that.

Thinking about that cat reminds me of the killer bunny rabbits in MP and the
Holy Grail. The dog still scared the hell out of me, however.

A friend of mine has a fantastic German Shepherd, hips getting a bit
dodgy these days but a dignified, smart and well trained dog who
generally got on very well with any other animals. My buddy's
girlfriend at the time did animal rescues and the house was usually full
of hardcases off the street. At one point they had a cat called "Les"
who was the hardest of all. Les so terrified the dog that it would sit
on top of the bed whimpering all day while the cat lurked beneath. Les
tortured the dog just for kicks. Les eventually escaped and was never
seen again but he ruled the roost with an iron claw.

My favorite cat of theirs was Boris, the biggest furriest black cat you
could well imagine, he liked to sit on the stairs and look through the
railing, just like a sphinx.

Gregm