Cass

Default Pipe bending dice

I mean 'dice'.

Cass

clare @ snyder.on .ca wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:43:52 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that are

used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

I suspect you mean Dies.

Leo Lichtman

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote: The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe
bending set from Harbor freight I know of no simpler of cheaper method of
getting the die sets.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ernie, I am sure you are correct. Trying to bend tubing with any other
"dice" would be a "gample."

However, looking at a number of Cass's questions and responses, I think he
is a "semi-troll."

Leo Lichtman

Brian wrote: I searched the HF site and they don't carry pipe bending dice.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Possibly it's a specialty item carried only in the Reno and LasVegas stores.

Cass

Baker,

It seems to me that I asked very simple question for those who know what I
was talking about.

Dice is the plural of 'die'. The intelligent person would instantly know
what one meant using either word.

That you chose to be the 'jerk' in this instance, is your problem.

You can keep whatever knowledge that you may have on the subject as I don't
need your kind of help.

Cass

Subject: Pipe bending dice
From: "Cass"
Date: 06/08/03 07:42 GMT Daylight Time
Kiddo, I mean dice.

Now, run along.

Cass

Fine - be a jerk then. Just don't expect any help if you can't explain

what
you're banging on about.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
"How's life Norm?"
"Not for the squeamish, Coach" (Cheers, 1982)

Cass

Thanks, Ernie.

Is there any practical reason one can't simply make what they need on a
lathe, other than the proper dimensions?

Cass

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Cass
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that are

used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Cass

Leo,

Looking at your questions and my attempts to try to help you achieve your
goal, I don't accuse you of being a semi-idiot. I give you credit for being
a full and proper one.

Cass

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote: The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton

pipe
bending set from Harbor freight I know of no simpler of cheaper method of
getting the die sets.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ernie, I am sure you are correct. Trying to bend tubing with any other
"dice" would be a "gample."

However, looking at a number of Cass's questions and responses, I think he
is a "semi-troll."

Cass

I haven't seen the indiviudal dice but Ernie say the 'set' which comes with
them.

I have a lot of stainless steel round stock and may try to make one or more.

Cass

"Brian" wrote in message
I searched the HF site and they don't carry pipe bending dice.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote: The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton

pipe
bending set from Harbor freight I know of no simpler of cheaper method

of
getting the die sets.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ernie, I am sure you are correct. Trying to bend tubing with any other
"dice" would be a "gample."

However, looking at a number of Cass's questions and responses, I think

he
is a "semi-troll."

Brian

Cass, I just looked it up in Websters College Dictionary. A die is
basically two different things - it's a device for forming, stamping,
cutting threads, drawing metal, which is your application. According the
Websters, the plural of die in this instance is "dies".

A die is also the singular of "dice", which are "small cubes impressed on
each side with one to six dots, used in gambling". That isn't what you're
talking about.

Take it as you please, you can learn in many ways, all of the time.

Brian

"Cass" wrote in message
Baker,

It seems to me that I asked very simple question for those who know what I
was talking about.

Dice is the plural of 'die'. The intelligent person would instantly know
what one meant using either word.

That you chose to be the 'jerk' in this instance, is your problem.

You can keep whatever knowledge that you may have on the subject as I

don't
need your kind of help.

Cass

Brian

Not that I would actually try this, but would you think that an interrupted
cut would work? that way you might get away with a blank just a little
larger than the radius, for a 90 degree bend?

I once made (still have, now that I think about it) a 90 degree die to bend
sand filled, annealed 1.25" 6061-T6 16 ga. tubing, out of plywood. Worked
just fine, the radius of the bend was about 6". Bent the water pipes for my
race car. Here's a picture of my race car and I at VIR, for those who might
be interested.
http://www.mikekellerphoto.com/Event.../DSC_2676.html

Brian

"Roy Jenson" wrote in message
As much as I liked the dice discussion.................

Making the dies in a lathe works fine but has a few practical
problems. The shop I worked at made many of them.
Things to consider:

1) the starting blank need to be a solid chunk at least 1.5x
times the diameter of the tube and the full diameter of the bend.
This is not an issue for a 1/2" tube on a 2" radius but a 2"tube
needs a 3" thick slab around 12" in diameter. (assuming a 3d
bend) Youmay be able to get by with a welded up or bolted up slab
but it is fragile and tends to leave nasty tooling marks in the
tube.

2) the groove should be round. You can approximate this and file
out the rest but the good way is to use a spinning tool mounted
in the tool rest. It has a pivot, a long arm, and a cutting tool.
The blank is hollowed out, the pivot point is moved to the exact
centerline of the tube, and the arm is rotated back and forth.
Works slick the tool ran around $1000

3) long term use requires heat treating. A whole 'nother story on
big chunks of odd shaped steel.

Someone posted an excellent set of links to tube bending theory
in the last few weeks. Take a look at those.

Cheers.

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Gunner

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:05:01 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Baker,

It seems to me that I asked very simple question for those who know what I
was talking about.

Dice is the plural of 'die'. The intelligent person would instantly know
what one meant using either word.

That you chose to be the 'jerk' in this instance, is your problem.

You can keep whatever knowledge that you may have on the subject as I don't
need your kind of help.

Cass

Sigh..Cass old rectum..we are not talking about small square items used
in games of chance.

Dice is indeed the plural form of those small cubes, but only when
referring to those cubes.

Dies are the plural form of metal tooling, called in its singular
form.."die".

Tell you what Cass...check the Travers tool catalog for Dice, ok? Check
ANY reference manual that is metal related for Dice..Check Machinerys
Handbook for Dice.

Now on the other hand, perhaps Casshole is correct, and every bit of
reference material ever published is wrong. shrug.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams

Tim Williams

"Brian" wrote in message
sand filled, annealed 1.25" 6061-T6 16 ga. tubing

^^ ^^
You mean -T0? ;-)

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Glenn Ashmore

Let's be generous Gunner. You certanly CAN bend pipe with dice. If you
get caught with a loaded pair of dice you can get a pipe bent.

Over your head. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Cass

Baker,

You are wanting a fight. I asked a simple question about dice and you
decided to give me a lecture.

You are wrong in thinking that dice is not the plural of die but the REAL
POINT is that you want to argue and fight and belabor the point.

Also, folks who wish to appear intelligent and when their intelligence is in
question, usually trot out seldom-used words like 'obdurate' to try to
subltely convince the reader that they can put one foot in front of the
other.

Then, you brag that you ran to the dictionary to see if you are correct in
thinking that dice is incorrect. What is with you?
It is often said that the measure of the character of a man is judged by the
little things that he concerns himself with.

I don't give a damn what you believe, think, know, brag about or whatever.
I think that dice is correct but I also think that one can use dies to mean
the same thing.

Antenna is plurualized by antennae. Now, concern yourself with that and
buzz off.

Cass

From: "Cass"
Date: 06/08/03 20:05 GMT Daylight Time
Baker,

It seems to me that I asked very simple question for those who know what

was talking about.

Dice is the plural of 'die'. The intelligent person would instantly know
what one meant using either word.

An intelligent person would have known the plural in this case was dies.

An
even slightly less than completely obdurate, stubborn and pigheaded person
would just have said "sorry, my mistake, I did mean dies". That was too

much of
an admission for your ego apparently so you just kept repeating that you

really
meant dice to the point it became totally confusing. I even dug another
dictionary out in case there was another usage of the word dice I wasn't
familiar with. Seems not - just you being a ****. Fine, wallow in your
ignorance.

Funnily enough I changed my sig yesterday for unrelated reasons and you've

just
made a good point of proving part of it.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do

though.

Cass

Brian,

Dice is correct for the plural of die. I think that it can be expressed
either way but dice IS NOT incorrect.

Cass

"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Cass

Gunner,

Old ****, DICE IS CORRECT. If you thugs don't want to believe it, that is
fine with me.

You think that catalogs are the final word in defining the correct use of
English? What a laugh. There are so many errors in catalogs as to be
funny.

Dice is a game of chance and Dice is the plural of die.

It seems that some on here really want to fight over nothing. I asked a
simple question and you are showing what you are made of by trying to
deliver and English lesson when you know full well the intent of my
question.

I surely don't mind learning something new as I really like to learn. So
far, all you twits have proved is that you want to fight and have your ego
leading you around.

Cass

wrote:

[...]

Cass

Thanks, Jenson.

I have 3 tons of 3", 416 s.s. So, I have plenty of stock to practice on.

What I am trying to do does not have to be perfect but it is necessary that
the tubing of roughly 3/4 to 7/8 take 180ē bends within very sharp radii*.

Thanks

Cass

*Note to the little ankle-biters, radii is the plural of radius. I know
that you will look that up. Cacti is the plural of cactus. Anii is the
plural of ass-holes that I just coined and it seems appropriate to a few
responders.
Need I give a lesson on penii?

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Dave Baker

From: "Cass"
Date: 07/08/03 02:09 GMT Daylight Time
Baker,

You are wanting a fight. I asked a simple question about dice and you
decided to give me a lecture.

You are wrong in thinking that dice is not the plural of die but the REAL
POINT is that you want to argue and fight and belabor the point.

Main Entry: [2]die
Pronunciation: 'dI
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural dice /'dIs/ or dies /'dIz/
Etymology: Middle English dee, from Middle French dÊ
Date: 14th century
1 : plural dice : a small cube marked on each face with from one to six spots
and used usually in pairs in various games and in gambling by being shaken and
thrown to come to rest at random on a flat surface €” often used figuratively
in expressions concerning chance or the irrevocability of a course of action
the die was cast
2 : plural dies : DADO 1a
3 : plural dies : any of various tools or devices for imparting a desired
shape, form, or finish to a material or for impressing an object or material:
as a (1) : the larger of a pair of cutting or shaping tools that when moved
toward each other produce a desired form in or impress a desired device on an
object by pressure or by a blow (2) : a device composed of a pair of such tools
b : a hollow internally threaded screw-cutting tool used for forming screw
threads c : a mold into which molten metal or other material is forced d : a
perforated block through which metal or plastic is drawn or extruded for
shaping

Pronunciation Key

Š 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

You carry on the argument with the Merriam-Webster dictionary if you like Cass.
No point any of us wasting any more time on you.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
Cass

Ernie,

No, it would be cheaper to just buy something. However, I couldn't learn
that way.

I may buy one or some and try to copy them so that when I need something
irregular or costly, I will know how to make it.

wrote:

Thanks, Ernie.

Is there any practical reason one can't simply make what they need on a
lathe, other than the proper dimensions?

Cass

No reason you can't make them, but is it worth the time?

For me it just was not worth the time to make my own.
I just wanted the bending shoes so I could use themn on my shop
hydraulic press.

I found out how much Harbor Freight wanted for just the bending shoes
and it was cheaper to pick up a pipe bender set off eBay for $60.

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Cass

Baker:

Main Entry: 1prick
Pronunciation: 'prik
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English prikke, from Old English prica; akin to Middle
Dutch pric prick
Date: before 12th century
1 : a mark or shallow hole made by a pointed instrument
2 a : a pointed instrument or weapon b : a sharp projecting organ or part
3 : an instance of pricking or the sensation of being pricked : as a : a
nagging or sharp feeling of remorse, regret, or sorrow b : a slight sharply
localized discomfort the prick of a needle
********* 4 usually vulgar : PENIS **********
**********5 usually vulgar : a spiteful or contemptible man often having no
authority **************

MO
die2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d)
n. pl. dies or dice (ds)
pl. dies A device used for cutting out, forming, or stamping material,
especially:
An engraved metal piece used for impressing a design onto a softer metal, as
in coining money.
One of several component pieces that are fitted into a diestock to cut
threads on screws or bolts.
A part on a machine that punches shaped holes in, cuts, or forms sheet
metal, cardboard, or other stock.
A metal block containing small conical holes through which plastic, metal,
or other ductile material is extruded or drawn.
pl. dies Architecture. The dado of a pedestal, especially when cube-shaped.
pl. dice
A small cube marked on each side with from one to six dots, usually used in
pairs in gambling and in various other games.
dice (used with a sing. verb) A game of chance using dice.

tr.v. died, dieˇing, dies
To cut, form, or stamp with or as if with a die.

STILL MORE, BAKER
2 entries found for ASSHOLE.
assˇhole ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shl)
n. Vulgar Slang
The anus.
A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.
The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.

Now, run along.

Cass

From: "Cass"
Date: 07/08/03 02:09 GMT Daylight Time
Baker,

You are wanting a fight. I asked a simple question about dice and you
decided to give me a lecture.

You are wrong in thinking that dice is not the plural of die but the REAL
POINT is that you want to argue and fight and belabor the point.

Main Entry: [2]die
Pronunciation: 'dI
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural dice /'dIs/ or dies /'dIz/
Etymology: Middle English dee, from Middle French dé

Cass

Erbes,

I don't often use profanity because it lacks finesse and indicates an
inablitity to express one's self, but in your case, you have demonstrated
once again, that you just want to fight and can barely realize how dull and
stupid you appear for doing so, I will make an exception: **** OFF, kid.

Cass

news
wrote:

Dice is the plural of 'die'. The intelligent person would instantly know
what one meant using either word.

You're wrong. Shut up and do the research. If you wonder why I named
you Casshole a couple of years ago, this is a good example.

plonk!

clare @ snyder.on .ca

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:16:22 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Gunner,

Old ****, DICE IS CORRECT. If you thugs don't want to believe it, that is
fine with me.

You think that catalogs are the final word in defining the correct use of
English? What a laugh. There are so many errors in catalogs as to be
funny.

Dice is a game of chance and Dice is the plural of die.

It seems that some on here really want to fight over nothing. I asked a
simple question and you are showing what you are made of by trying to
deliver and English lesson when you know full well the intent of my
question.

I surely don't mind learning something new as I really like to learn. So
far, all you twits have proved is that you want to fight and have your ego
leading you around.

Cass

Plonk this jerk.

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Tim Williams

"Cass" wrote in message
Old ****, DICE IS CORRECT. If you thugs don't want to believe it, that is
fine with me.

Then please, Oh Great One, cite references. Gunner just collectively
cited every metallurgical publication (or.. if not him.. someone did)
that mentions dies. And never ever do they use "dice". So what the
hell are you going on? Or is your ego so fragile that all you can do
is yell vulgarites at all who have kindly reminded you of what is correct?

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Gunner

m wrote:

[...]

Ok.

plink

Gunner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty
is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-- Ben Franklin

Cass

Gunner,

You twits are so funny. Did you really have to announce that you are
plonking what you are too cowardly to handle? Little boys pretending to be
men but showing that they aren't at every turn.

Buzz off, kiddo.

Cass

m wrote:

[...]

Cass

Williams,

I don't teach children. I will toy with them when they get to be a nuisance
as you have been and I have been toying with you. I laugh at just how silly
and ignorant you are. It is a shame that I and your ego are in control of
you.

Timmy, normally I don't make an issue of folk's spelling, grammar, sentence
structure, idiom, syntax, punctuation and typographical errors because it is
petty, we all make errors and it shows that the attacker has nothing in his
quiver with which to attack. In your case, I will make an exception and
point out that this entire brouhaha has been about one person's use of one
word. Don't you think that if you are going to be that petty and stoop that
low that you should get your own typing and spelling down a bit better?

Now, run along.

Cass

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Cass" wrote in

message
Old ****, DICE IS CORRECT. If you thugs don't want to believe it, that

is
fine with me.

Then please, Oh Great One, cite references. Gunner just collectively
cited every metallurgical publication (or.. if not him.. someone did)
that mentions dies. And never ever do they use "dice". So what the
hell are you going on? Or is your ego so fragile that all you can do
is yell vulgarites at all who have kindly reminded you of what is correct?

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Cass

Timmy,

Besides not even being able to spell profane, you don't even know what it
means.

Since some are wont to copy and paste, let me enlighten you a bit. Pay
attention as I said that I don't teach children but you really need some
help.

Entry: 1proˇfane
Pronunciation: prO-'fAn, pr&-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): proˇfaned; proˇfanˇing
Etymology: Middle English prophanen, from Latin profanare, from profanus
Date: 14th century
1 : to treat (something sacred) with abuse, irreverence, or contempt :
DESECRATE
2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use
- proˇfanˇer noun

Now, run along and come back and see if I am in a generous mood to give you
some more attention.

Cass

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Cass" wrote in

message
I use profanity extremely rarely.

ROTFLMAO! Let's see, of the currently 39 articles in this thread,
15 of which are yours, I count an astounding 8 which most would
agree to be profain. I doubt you'll look at them to confirm my
analysis so I will copy the pertinent parts he

Message :
That you chose to be the 'jerk' in this instance, is your problem.

Message :
Also, folks who wish to appear intelligent and when their intelligence
is in question, usually trot out seldom-used words like 'obdurate' to
try to subltely convince the reader that they can put one foot in front
of the other.

Message :
Main Entry: 1prick

Snip
2 entries found for ASSHOLE.

Message :
Old ****, DICE IS CORRECT. If you thugs don't want to believe it, that
is fine with me.

Message :
Snip **** OFF, kid.

And, the message to which I am replying,

However, if you mean that in not backing down from some idiotic ego-
challenged, knuckle-dragger using profanity in place of good sense, as
they are doing in here, you are right.

*Shrug* apparently prick, asshole, **** and '****' are not profane words.

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Tim Williams

"Cass" wrote in message
Timmy, normally I don't make an issue of folk's spelling, grammar,
sentence structure, idiom, syntax, punctuation and typographical
errors because it is petty, we all make errors and it shows that the
attacker has nothing in his quiver with which to attack.

Ha! Ha ha! He's picking at my spelling and grammar (which as far as I
know is correct). Interesting that he didn't cite any references.
Or was my paragraph too jumbled to make heads or tails of it? LOL

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Tim Williams

"Cass" wrote in message
Besides not even being able to spell profane

Whoops!

you don't even know what it means.

Uhm.. right. It refers to vulgarity, as noted he

2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use

Now, run along and come back and see if I am in a generous mood to
give you some more attention.

Would that include addressing the points in my post, which points out
several times how you used vulgarities, yet deny it but two posts ago?

Tim (this is too funny)

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

michael

In case no one has looked it up, the Thorndike-Barnhart Junior
Dictionary (ya know, for us pesty, ill-mannered kids), gives 2
definitions of "die", other than the one for death. #1 is for the
working die and #2 is for the playtime die. After the 2 definitions it
says die is a noun, the plural for #1 is dies and the plural for #2 is
dice. Unless there is a higher authority, like Howard Cosell or some
assbite of that ilk, that seems to tell it like it is.

Maybe we are dealing with a local dialect thing.g

michael

note: assbite is in this case not a profanity as it is an accurate
description of a real individual, either living or dead.

Kevin Beitz

dice (dēs) n. 1. Games. Plural of die2. 2., pl. dice also dices. A
small cube, as of food. --dice v. diced, dicˇing, dicˇes. --intr.
Games. 1. To play or gamble with dice. --tr. 1. Games. To win or lose
(money) by gambling with dice. 2. To cut (food) into small cubes. 3.
To decorate with dicelike figures.
die2 (dē) n., pl. dies or dice (dēs). 1., pl. dies. A device used for
cutting out, forming, or stamping material, especially: a. An engraved
metal piece used for impressing a design onto a softer metal, as in
coining money. b. One of several component pieces that are fitted into
a diestock to cut threads on screws or bolts. c. A part on a machine
that punches shaped holes in, cuts, or forms sheet metal, cardboard,
or other stock. d. A metal block containing small conical holes
through which plastic, metal, or other ductile material is extruded or
drawn. 2., pl. dies. Architecture. The dado of a pedestal, especially
when cube-shaped. 3., pl. dice. Games. a. A small cube marked on each
side with from one to six dots, usually used in pairs in gambling and
in various other games. b. dice. (used with a sing. verb). A game of
chance using dice. --die tr.v. died, dieˇing, dies. To cut, form, or
stamp with or as if with a die. --idioms. load the dice. 1. To make an
outcome highly probable; predetermine a result. 2. To put another at a
distinct disadvantage, as through prior maneuver. no dice. 1. Of no
use; futile. 2. Used as a refusal to a request. the die is cast. The
decision has been made and is irrevocable.
Trevor Jones

plonk!

Brian

Correct, if referring to small cubes used in games of chance. Incorrect, if
referring to metal forming tools.

Sorry, Cass, but that's just the way it is in the English language. Mind
you, no one ever said that the English language was in any way logical.

Brian

Pipe Bending TOGGY UK diy 56 May 25th 04 10:05 PM
Replacing downstairs bog - soil pipe problems Jon Taylor UK diy 12 April 12th 04 10:48 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM
Replacing old steel water main supply pipe Pandora UK diy 3 January 24th 04 08:53 AM
pipe bending to make a shower 'rail' NC UK diy 19 August 16th 03 04:32 PM