Brian

Default Pipe bending dice

You will probably need an internal mandrel for 1" radius on that size stock.
What I think would work is the Cerametal stuff that melts at very low
temperature.

Brian

"Cass" wrote in message

Thanks, Jenson.

I have 3 tons of 3", 416 s.s. So, I have plenty of stock to practice on.

What I am trying to do does not have to be perfect but it is necessary

that
the tubing of roughly 3/4 to 7/8 take 180ē bends within very sharp radii*.

Thanks

Cass

*Note to the little ankle-biters, radii is the plural of radius. I know
that you will look that up. Cacti is the plural of cactus. Anii is the
plural of ass-holes that I just coined and it seems appropriate to a few
responders.
Need I give a lesson on penii?

"Roy Jenson" wrote in message
As much as I liked the dice discussion.................

Making the dies in a lathe works fine but has a few practical
problems. The shop I worked at made many of them.
Things to consider:

1) the starting blank need to be a solid chunk at least 1.5x
times the diameter of the tube and the full diameter of the bend.
This is not an issue for a 1/2" tube on a 2" radius but a 2"tube
needs a 3" thick slab around 12" in diameter. (assuming a 3d
bend) Youmay be able to get by with a welded up or bolted up slab
but it is fragile and tends to leave nasty tooling marks in the
tube.

2) the groove should be round. You can approximate this and file
out the rest but the good way is to use a spinning tool mounted
in the tool rest. It has a pivot, a long arm, and a cutting tool.
The blank is hollowed out, the pivot point is moved to the exact
centerline of the tube, and the arm is rotated back and forth.
Works slick the tool ran around $1000

3) long term use requires heat treating. A whole 'nother story on
big chunks of odd shaped steel.

Someone posted an excellent set of links to tube bending theory
in the last few weeks. Take a look at those.

Cheers.

Cass wrote:

Thanks, Ernie.

Is there any practical reason one can't simply make what they need on

lathe, other than the proper dimensions?

Cass

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Cass
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the
dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Roy Jenson

180 degree bends pretty much require a rotary draw bender. sharp
radius bends pretty much require a fully tooled (mandrel, wiper,
pressure die assist depending on how tight the radius) rotary
draw bender plus some relatively nice tube to start with. Large
quanties of aforementioned bends pretty much require a rotary
draw bender. =

A good commercial OEM fabricator can turn these out at 60 pieces
per hour. Just buy 'em.

cheers.

Cass wrote:
=

Thanks, Jenson.
=

I have 3 tons of 3", 416 s.s. So, I have plenty of stock to practice o=

n.
=

What I am trying to do does not have to be perfect but it is necessary =

that
the tubing of roughly 3/4 to 7/8 take 180=BA bends within very sharp ra=

dii*.
=

Thanks
=

Cass
=

Cass wrote:

Thanks, Ernie.

Is there any practical reason one can't simply make what they need =

on a

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice t=

hat
are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the=

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set fr=

om
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Cass

"Ha! Ha ha!" How old are you?

You are so ignorant that you cannot even find your errors when someone
points out that you made them.

I stand simply amazed at the power the word 'dice' and I, hold over some
people.

Cass

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Cass" wrote in

message
Timmy, normally I don't make an issue of folk's spelling, grammar,
sentence structure, idiom, syntax, punctuation and typographical
errors because it is petty, we all make errors and it shows that the
attacker has nothing in his quiver with which to attack.

Ha! Ha ha! He's picking at my spelling and grammar (which as far as I
know is correct). Interesting that he didn't cite any references.
Or was my paragraph too jumbled to make heads or tails of it? LOL

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Cass

Buried withing Beitz' copy and paste, is proof positive of what I have been
saying. "Dice" is a plural form of 'die'.

Thanks, Kevin.

Cass

"Kevin Beitz" wrote in message
om...
dice (dēs) n. 1. Games. Plural of die2. 2., pl. dice also dices. A
small cube, as of food. --dice v. diced, dicˇing, dicˇes. --intr.
Games. 1. To play or gamble with dice. --tr. 1. Games. To win or lose
(money) by gambling with dice. 2. To cut (food) into small cubes. 3.
To decorate with dicelike figures.
die2 (dē) n., pl. dies or dice (dēs). 1., pl. dies. A device used for
cutting out, forming, or stamping material, especially: a. An engraved
metal piece used for impressing a design onto a softer metal, as in
coining money. b. One of several component pieces that are fitted into
a diestock to cut threads on screws or bolts. c. A part on a machine
that punches shaped holes in, cuts, or forms sheet metal, cardboard,
or other stock. d. A metal block containing small conical holes
through which plastic, metal, or other ductile material is extruded or
drawn. 2., pl. dies. Architecture. The dado of a pedestal, especially
when cube-shaped. 3., pl. dice. Games. a. A small cube marked on each
side with from one to six dots, usually used in pairs in gambling and
in various other games. b. dice. (used with a sing. verb). A game of
chance using dice. --die tr.v. died, dieˇing, dies. To cut, form, or
stamp with or as if with a die. --idioms. load the dice. 1. To make an
outcome highly probable; predetermine a result. 2. To put another at a
distinct disadvantage, as through prior maneuver. no dice. 1. Of no
use; futile. 2. Used as a refusal to a request. the die is cast. The
decision has been made and is irrevocable.

Cass

Timmy,

Yes, "Whoops"! You don't know when to quit as you are still losing. Yes,
this is too funny. You got caught at your own game yet beg for more.

Within your post below is another of your "Whoops". You are too dumb to
recognize it, however.

Cass

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Cass" wrote in

message
Besides not even being able to spell profane

Whoops!

you don't even know what it means.

Uhm.. right. It refers to vulgarity, as noted he

2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use

Now, run along and come back and see if I am in a generous mood to
give you some more attention.

Would that include addressing the points in my post, which points out
several times how you used vulgarities, yet deny it but two posts ago?

Tim (this is too funny)

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Cass

Thanks, Brian.

I used to have some bismuth alloy but I lost it somewhere around here.

I am going to have to do some more research about bending/forming pipe or
tubing as I don't know nearly enough about what I need to do what I want to
do.

Cass

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice

that
are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the
dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set

from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Cass

Okay, Roy.

Well, I now know more than I did. I didn't even know some of the terms that
you mentioned. So, I have more of a starting point.

I may wind up buying them after all.

Cass

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the
dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.
Cass

Thanks, Ernie.

I am afraid that if you continue with these fine fellows, you will become
embroiled in their fun.

Cass

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message

Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.

Glenn Ashmore

I am reluctant to jump in because I hate ****ing matches but the
reaction was not the use of the word "Dice". It was the arrogant and
offensive way that Cass reacted to a simple and well intended
correction. Responses like that are guaranteed to provoke almost
everyone in the news group.

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Trevor Jones

Tom Quackenbush wrote:

It certainly devolved into a pounding, but it started out as a simple
correction directly related to the OP's query.

If I asked "Does anyone know where I could research alveoluses?",
would it be inappropriate for you to tell me that the correct word is
alveoli? Wouldn't help me in my research to know the correct
terminology?

How would you feel if I kept insisting that alveoluses was correct?

It's not as if people are harping on "they're instead of there", the
correct spelling of the subject matter is pretty significant to the
research.

R,
Tom Q.

Indeed! On the web, even more than in other things, spelling counts!
Usage follows close behind, as you are no further ahead to have a spell
checker and constantly choose the wrong (but correctly spelled) word.

Search for anything with the subject spelled wrong, and all you find is
information posted by the other people that spelled the subject wrong -
or you get a pile of information on the wrong subject.

One of my pet spelling peeves is loose/ lose.
Loose is what my drill chuck is, lose is what I did to my chuck key.
:-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones
Sue

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:26:53 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Buried withing Beitz' copy and paste, is proof positive of what I have been
saying. "Dice" is a plural form of 'die'.

You are assuming that if a word is spelled the same but has different
meanings then the grammatical rules are identical.
If I grabbed your ass once a day for a week did I give you 7 gooses or
7 geese?
Sue

Thanks, Kevin.

Cass

"Kevin Beitz" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Cass

Sue,

I have teaching credentials and have taught college courses in several
disciplines. I also belch, too.
However, that doesn't prove anything whatsoever.

A good example is that you claim to have a college degree yet, feel
compelled to show your ignorance as well.
You are just flat wrong in thinking that the game of craps is the only time
the use of the word 'dice' is proper.

I always have to laugh at someone coming in, beating their chest by saying
that their great-great grandmother said this or they have a degree or their
garbage man told them that or they heard at the hair salon.........

You know the type. As if having a degree means that one is always right. I
used to hire degreed engineers and I will tell you that they don't make them
like they used to. These dweebs probably thought something like you do,
Sue.

Cass

wrote:

Buried withing Beitz' copy and paste, is proof positive of what I have

been
saying. "Dice" is a plural form of 'die'.

I'm just a casual observer here. I have a college degree and teaching
credential. You are wrong. The dicitonary definition posted does
indeed say that dice is the plural of die - when the die is a game
cube. I doubt anyone here would argue about that. but that is *not*
what you people are talking about here. The definition states that in
the case of the stamping things the plural is dies.
[...]

Glenn Ashmore

I rest my case. :-)

Cass wrote:
Arrogant? Would you care to jump in AGAIN and explain why you chose to view
my post as arrogant?

The typed word holds no emotion in it ready to spring forth and snare anyone
foolish enough to read that word.

Like another saying that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', a simple
statement of fact conveys no other emotion than what the reader chooses to
attach to it.

On the other hand, with voluminous expression by the author, the reader may
get an accurate impression of the mental state or attitude of that author.

A simple statement is just that and nothing more. So, maybe you need some
introspection into your own psyche to explore those deep, hidden, repressed
emotions that tell you that you are inferior and you must try to justify
your existence.

The above was nothing more than psychobabble on my part. Am I smiling as I
write this, frowning, jerking your chain, serious, being arrogant,
condescending of simply slinging it back at you?

You be the judge. You already have.

Cass

Like a moth to the flame, they came.

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Cass

Well, Tom Q.,

There you go! You see, you ask how one would feel if the other person kept
using the same word. Your feelings are involved!

What a horror! That person used the word because they tried to convey a
thought or ask a question. They used the word thinking it is a good and
righteous word.

Little did that person know that he had invoked a truly magic word. A word
so sinister as to bring grown men down the the level of children. What
power this word.
What a marvel! It is truly miraculous that I stumbled upon a word and while
being only four ascii characters, mere bits, it holds portent of evil and
insane mumblings by creatures that appear as men. They look like men. The
are bigger in physical size that children. Some drink and smoke and a good
many find it masculine to curse. Some even spit and chew.

Still, they have been trapped. Ensnared by the teeny-tiny word. What brave
and courageous creatures these are.
Would the be the stuff of impartial juries when called upon to judge fairly
and accurately?

Hah! I asked simple question and I used a correct word. I was challenged
repeatedly of my use of this explosive word and I simply stood by my guns
and figuratively watched grown men cry.

What power! I will have to remember that and use it again when I want to
show what some children, who call themselves men, are made of.

Take a roll of the dice and show how much of a loser that you are!

Cass

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:19:54 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

[...]

Cass

Ashmore,

You have presented no case. You have presented only a non sequitur like so
many do.

Now, I truly suspect that you will be disingenuous again and say that you
hate '****ing matches' and you 'hate to jump in'
but.............................

Ashmore, I am asking here and not assuming but I suspect that you mean that
you really DO wish to jump in and tell this 'upstart' a thing or two but you
REALLY DON'T WANT appear as venal and base as the guy looking at a car wreck
hoping to see blood, guts and eyeballs.

Cass

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Sue

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:13:35 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Sue,

I have teaching credentials and have taught college courses in several
disciplines. I also belch, too.
However, that doesn't prove anything whatsoever.

The only reason I brought it up is that *you* mentioned your college
professors as if that somehow made your opinion more important. I
don't think a degree is worth much nor is a teaching credential.

A good example is that you claim to have a college degree yet, feel
compelled to show your ignorance as well.
You are just flat wrong in thinking that the game of craps is the only time
the use of the word 'dice' is proper.

No, I'm not.

I always have to laugh at someone coming in, beating their chest by saying
that their great-great grandmother said this or they have a degree or their
garbage man told them that or they heard at the hair salon.........

Laugh away. I can certainly understand why no one here likes you.
You're incredibly arrogant and I can't see that you have any reason to
be.

You know the type. As if having a degree means that one is always right.

I don't think that at all. But, you seem to think so. Otherwise, why
did you say something about your college professors being right? Was
this supposed to impress everyone? Make up your mind.

used to hire degreed engineers and I will tell you that they don't make them
like they used to. These dweebs probably thought something like you do,
Sue.

Something like what? That a college degree somehow makes you
superior? Nope. That seems to be your opinion. Or about the
die/dice issue? You're right because you and your college professors
say so? When did your college professors ever talk about this? LOL
Sue

Cass

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Sue

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:22:08 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Sue,

You assume that I am assuming.

Ok, You seem to believe that if a word is spelled the same......

Knowing just the little that I know about you, you would never get the
chance to grab my ass a second time, sister.

It was a painful example. Trust me on this.

Now, that is an assumption. I am assuming that you are female by your name
but you could be male or even both.

That's my real name and, yes, I'm female and only female.

What is curious is why you are so fired up over my use of one little word.

I'm curious as to why you think I'm fired up. I'm on the net for a
good time. I made a comment. That was all. You have read much more
into than you should have. Shrug.

I stand amazed at how small people can let small things send them to a point
where they are hell-bent-for-leather to prove something.

I don't need to prove anything. I agreed with the dictionary quoted
below. I also gave an example which you failed to address. Just an
ad hominum attack. Make ya feel good? I think your comments to me
have been hilarious - although not as good as some have been
elsewhere. Thanks for the laughs. That's what I'm here for.

I asked a question
using a word that some are so hard-headed and close-minded that they simply
cannot believe that they are wrong and they are going to bleed all over
everyone trying to prove that they are correct.

I'm neither hard-headed nor close-minded. I believe you are wrong
(see dictionary definition below). I'm not bleeding all over anyone.

What you are really proving is that you and your little friends are just
that- 'little'.

I have only one friend here and you don't know enough about me to know
whether I'm "little" or not. You're basing this on two posts? Wow,
you are quite the man, aren't ya? Have me all figured out.

This world has really changed. Only one man had the guts to stand up among
you ankle-biters and put you in your place.

My place is right here at this computer for the moment. What place
did you put me in? I don't seem to have moved.

That more don't do it just shows how cowardly this country has become.

Shrug. I am, admittedly, a coward - physically.
Sue

Cass

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Old Nick

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:05:41 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Believe me after a while it gets boring. It will not stop until you
do.

Tim (this is too funny)

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

************************************************** ****************************************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Cass

Sue,

As you may or may not be aware, I am involved in several threads.

I don't recall my having said that my college professors thought that I was
right. That was so long ago and I often came to class 'after a night.....',
that I don't recall all of their names.

Would you be kind enough to copy and paste where I said that my professors
said that my use of the awful D word, was right?

Sue, you really should have the benefit of what went before, before you jump
in and prove how uninformed you are.

I couldn't care less about whether these knuckle-draggers like me or hate
me. You see, I am somewhat proud of the fact that they DO dislike me. I
would be concerned if their type liked me. Is that arrogant? I really
don't think that speaking the truth is arrogant. Only after one knows how a
person really is and is consistent in their manner and attitude, can one
have a chance of PERHAPS being accurate in their assessment of the person's
demeanor.

Yes, to a knuckle-dragger, almost anything spoken above his/her level may be
perceived as arrogant and if you knew one whit about me, one of my greatest
delights here on the Internet is to deflate pompous and arrogant gas-bags.
I suppose it is rude and it is their right to be a braggart but it is also
my right to illuminate them just a wee bit so that their internal pressure
is reduced to a safe level.

Now, this has been much more verbage than I think you deserve but, as I
said, I like to try to deflate gaseous bags. Are you feeling a wee bit
relieved?

Sue, the bottom line is that it is just a word. It is a four-letter word
that is innocuous in its use and intent to describe an item. I used it
properly and in context with what I was asking. If you choose to go postal
over this well, it takes all kinds, eh? "Eh" is a slang word and I think it
is relatively harmless. Should you feel otherwise, please flatulently
express yourself as you have been doing.

Cass

wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Cass

Sue,

Well, we are having a jolly old time, aren't we?

You are laughing and I am laughing at you and some of the other giants.

Anyway, my point has been made and if you really got it, you would take a
different position - I THINK.

No, I don't think that a word spelled the same........

Sue, you really don't know what I think other than what I have expressed.
Actually, that could be a ruse and I could enjoy jerking people's chains and
seeing them go 'nutso' over a infinitesimally small thing such as my use of
a word. However, that isn't the case.

I don't like fighting, mind-games, insults, dissention or mean-spirited
people.

I find peace and harmony much more pleasant and it paves the way for
unfettered exchange of information. I like to learn. I like trying new
things and learning what others can teach from their knowledge and
experience and fighting hinders or prevents all of that.

That is just some of the things that I like.

Now, just some of what I dislike is folks who are so abysmally petty as to
try to pick a fight over someone's use of a simple idea or word. I am
talking about reasonable ideas or the reasonable use of words.

I came and asked a question, used a PROPER word to describe what I was
talking about and the knuckle-draggers thought they might have some easy
pickin's in starting a fight.

Well, I may be easy but I will stay here until time rots before I will let
some little punks who think they are men, tell me something that I and
others know is right.

So, bring on more laughs.

Cass

wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Cass

Quackenbush,

I am not in an instituion. However, if you are looking for vacancies, I am
afraid your little friends have taken the open slots.

Surely, your post isn't an attempt at humor, just a post to gain some
attention.

Now, run along.

Cass

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:39:26 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Well, Tom Q.,

DRIVEL SNIPPED
Take a roll of the dice and show how much of a loser that you are!

Cass

Okay, I've only two more questions and I'm done:

1. How many relevant (metalforming) hits do you get searching for
"dice", as opposed to "dies".

2. Are you in a public or private institution? It would be disturbing
to think that my taxes are paying for your internet access.

Tom Q.

Cass

Nick,

Who cares if it stops. Don't folks in here have enough emotional control to
simply scroll by what they are not big enough to handle? It really is
simple but there are so many knuckle-draggers in here, I thought that I may
have to point that out to them.

Can't handle it? Scroll by. Or, not!

But to continue to whine because the tiger snarled at you after you
continued poking it, is pretty immature behavior, isn't it?

Cass

**************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/

Sue

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:17:28 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Sue,

As you may or may not be aware, I am involved in several threads.

I don't recall my having said that my college professors thought that I was
right. That was so long ago and I often came to class 'after a night.....',
that I don't recall all of their names.

I didn't say that they thought you were right. I said that you
brought them up. It seemed an attempt to add credence to your
contention by the fact that you *have* college professors.

"Oh, I have to tell my college English professors that they should
have been
teaching out of tool catalogs as they are the authoritative work on
the
definitive use of English."
Sue

rest of the boring stuff snipped
Sue

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:28:43 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

[...]

Nah. You've run your course in the laugh department. That's enough
for me.
Sue

Cass

Sue,

You are making a lot of errors. Gunner said that he searched his tool
catalogs and couldn't find the 'dice' word, after calling me a nice name.

I had to laugh as tool catalogs are absolutely notorious for containing
mangled English and words that don't belong, misspellings, etc.

I metioned something to the effect that my college professors would have
gotten a kick out of his post and that they should be teaching English from
tool catalogs.

Again, you ASSUME. You assume that I was trying to be haughty by mentioning
college. Well, you ASSUMED incorrectly one more time.

It seems that you are carrying a lot of baggage and are reading more into
what I say than my words are really saying. Of course, that is an
assumption on my part but when someone can't even mention college or dice, I
begin to wonder just how stable the reader is who lets themselves get
pathological over it.

Sue, continue if you must but why do you insist on displaying your
pettiness?

Cass

wrote:

Sue,

As you may or may not be aware, I am involved in several threads.

I don't recall my having said that my college professors thought that I

was
right. That was so long ago and I often came to class 'after a

night.....',
that I don't recall all of their names.

I didn't say that they thought you were right. I said that you
brought them up. It seemed an attempt to add credence to your
contention by the fact that you *have* college professors.

"Oh, I have to tell my college English professors that they should
have been
teaching out of tool catalogs as they are the authoritative work on
the
definitive use of English."
Sue

rest of the boring stuff snipped

Cass

Good, now think twice or more before you show how petty you are.

Cass

I am making a bet on this one..........

wrote:

[...]

Old Nick

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:54:19 -0500, "Cass"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

If you read the _pertinent_ parts of YOUR OWN POST, below, you will
note that they have specifically separated the "pl dies" from the "pl
dice".

Read your own post. You are WRONG.

MO
die2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d)

********n. pl. dies or dice (ds) ************

OK so far.

*******pl. dies A device used for cutting out, forming, or stamping material,*******

hmmm

pl. dies Architecture. The dado of a pedestal, especially when cube-shaped.

********pl. dice*********
A small cube marked on each side with from one to six dots, usually used in
pairs in gambling and in various other games.
dice (used with a sing. verb) A game of chance using dice.

Read it and weep. Your own reference.

And again:
die n,
pl dice or dies

[ME dee, fr. MF de] (14c)
*******1 pl dice:******* a small cube marked on each face with from
one to six spots and used usu. in pairs in various games and in

********2 pl dies:********* dado 1a 3 pl dies: any of various tools or
devices for imparting a desired shape, form, or finish to a material

Quite specific.
************************************************** ****************************************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Old Nick

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:19:54 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Ernie.

From what I know of this guy (?) they always get into exactly this
situation. Cass's history tells me that the use of the word is
deliberately either strange or wrong (which it is). Somebody simply
questioned his use of the word, and was told to "Run along" etc etc.

If Cass had simply backed down, and said "OK" then it would have gone
away. That is not what was intended I believe, from the outset.

Man what is it wih you guys?
Let it drop already.

The guy asked a legit question, and because he used an odd word, you
just have to keep pounding on him.

What a bunch of jerks.

************************************************** ****************************************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Dave Baker

Subject: Pipe bending dice
From: (Old Nick)
Date: 08/08/03 08:07 GMT Daylight Time
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:54:19 -0500, "Cass"
m wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

If you read the _pertinent_ parts of YOUR OWN POST, below, you will
note that they have specifically separated the "pl dies" from the "pl
dice".

Read your own post. You are WRONG.

Which I'm sure he knows perfectly well and has known since it was first pointed
out to him. It isn't the point though as his behaviour now only revolves around
perpetuating the argument regardless of the merits. Classic troll behaviour
stemming from the desire to enjoy any attention even that directed primarily
against him. Symptomatic of above average intelligence but poor socialisation
skills, underachiever, chip on the shoulder, minor paranoia, few friends,
dislike of authority and having to conform to rules.

His fantasy lies in being at the centre of the argument, stirring up the
hornet's nest so to speak, but he perceives himself, although in the wrong from
the start, as being somehow above it all and superior to those who denigrate
him. Ultimately it's quite damaging though as the weight of peer opinion chips
away further at his already low self esteem. Eventually he'll regret the
behaviour but not admit to that except briefly to himself. He'll resolve to try
and be friendly and not let it happen again but the urge to be the centre of
attention will lead to it recurring from time to time. As his self esteem is
damaged by the confrontations the need to be listened to increases leading to
the same behaviour all over again - a vicious circle that's hard to break.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
Lennie the Lurker

Sue wrote in message . ..

Sue, you're trying to make sense to someone that makes the most
retarded people look intelligent. He's just a common troll, has no
expertice in anything, makes up words or twists their meaning and then
spends week arguing that he's right and the rest of the world is
wrong. Think he lives in a trailer park somewhere, only lives under
the trailer belonging to someone else. Any of the toolmakers I ever
worked with would have shown him the difference by handing him the
dice, just before they fed him through the dies of a roll forming
machine. Think his daddy whacked it into a flowerpot and raised a
blooming idiot.

A shun is forever, and it does work. Even with the casshole.
michael

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Sue wrote in message . ..

Sue, you're trying to make sense to someone that makes the most
retarded people look intelligent. He's just a common troll, has no
expertice in anything, makes up words or twists their meaning and then
spends week arguing that he's right and the rest of the world is
wrong. Think he lives in a trailer park somewhere, only lives under
the trailer belonging to someone else. Any of the toolmakers I ever
worked with would have shown him the difference by handing him the
dice, just before they fed him through the dies of a roll forming
machine. Think his daddy whacked it into a flowerpot and raised a
blooming idiot.

A shun is forever, and it does work. Even with the casshole.

Lennie, you hit that one on center. Only thing I may differ with was the flower pot. I think it may
have been more of a weed patch.

michael

Cass

Baker,

You exhibit the classic idiot who speaks psychobabble in the hope of
convincing someone that you know something.

Look kiddo, I came and asked a simple question and used a word that some of
you are not familiar with and don't care enough to THOROUGHLY research and
find that it is a valid word used in valid and proper context.

Some of you twits decided to give a lecture on my use of ONE word. I simply
replied that I used it correctly.

The group of regular twits went berserk since they found someone who
wouldn't run from their bullying.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND NOTHING MORE.

One word has had the power to make others show what they are made of.

Cass

Cass

BRILLIANT!

I used one word that you are not familiar with and suddenly, you know that I
know nothing, where and how I live and even know of my father's sexual
preferences.

You twits are really something to behold.

Cass

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
Sue wrote in message

. ..

Sue, you're trying to make sense to someone that makes the most
retarded people look intelligent. He's just a common troll, has no
expertice in anything, makes up words or twists their meaning and then
spends week arguing that he's right and the rest of the world is
wrong. Think he lives in a trailer park somewhere, only lives under
the trailer belonging to someone else. Any of the toolmakers I ever
worked with would have shown him the difference by handing him the
dice, just before they fed him through the dies of a roll forming
machine. Think his daddy whacked it into a flowerpot and raised a
blooming idiot.

A shun is forever, and it does work. Even with the casshole.

Cass

Michael,

Since you need my attention to see if you can get me to respond, you have
it, with just a word of warning: you will have to do better that the post
below if you expect me to continue giving you the attention that you
require.

Cass

"michael" wrote in message
Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Sue wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Cass

Sonny,

"Casshole" doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, there is no word that I
know of that you could call me that would get to me. There is nothing that
types like you could ever say that would make me wince. You see, I already
know how shallow and warped that you are. You have proved it over and over.
So, your opinion of me has no weight whatsoever. I just respond to get a
laugh at seeing just how 'postal' some twits can get when they are stood up
to.

I don't wish to attempt to drag Ernie into this but Ernie told you all that
you were a bunch of jerks for what you are trying to do. Any decent human
being that is not a wimp or coward, would do the same.

Now, run along.

Cass

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:29:46 -0500, "Cass"
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

Ernie is far better off _remaining_ one of these "fine fellows", as he
has been for a long time, and a useful one, than being seen to
mistakenly side with you, Cass.

I did not make up the name "Casshole". You earned it before.

Thanks, Ernie.

I am afraid that if you continue with these fine fellows, you will become
embroiled in their fun.

Cass

**************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/

Cass

Nick,

You are attempting to elicit further comment from Ernie.

You also lie. At first, I did not tell anyone to run along.

I simply said "I mean 'dice'". Now, go back and see the truth. Do you have
the guts to admit that YOU WERE WRONG?

What is EXTREMELY important to this subject is that you even admit that if I
had simply 'backed down' and said 'okay', 'it would have gone away'.

You see kid, I don't back down. I used a correct word that you didn't know
was correct. You and some other jerks tried to bully me into saying that I
was wrong when I wasn't and you couldn't take it. You still cannot take it.
You come back for more and each time you are looking more and more foolish.

Recall that I said that I don't always succeed but I try to respond in kind,
only better. To translate for you: If you want to pick a fight with me and
I am right and you are wrong, I will always try to hit harder than you. The
reason being is so the next time you try to bully someone, you will recall
how stupid you looked the last time you tried it.
That is what is called acting responsibly and trying to clean up the
neighborhood.

Cass

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:19:54 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

Ernie.

From what I know of this guy (?) they always get into exactly this

Pipe Bending TOGGY UK diy 56 May 25th 04 10:05 PM
Replacing downstairs bog - soil pipe problems Jon Taylor UK diy 12 April 12th 04 10:48 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM
Replacing old steel water main supply pipe Pandora UK diy 3 January 24th 04 08:53 AM
pipe bending to make a shower 'rail' NC UK diy 19 August 16th 03 04:32 PM