Cass

Default Pipe bending dice

Ernie,

No, it would be cheaper to just buy something. However, I couldn't learn
that way.

I may buy one or some and try to copy them so that when I need something
irregular or costly, I will know how to make it.

Thanks

Cass

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Cass
wrote:

Thanks, Ernie.

Is there any practical reason one can't simply make what they need on a
lathe, other than the proper dimensions?

Cass

No reason you can't make them, but is it worth the time?

For me it just was not worth the time to make my own.
I just wanted the bending shoes so I could use themn on my shop
hydraulic press.

I found out how much Harbor Freight wanted for just the bending shoes
and it was cheaper to pick up a pipe bender set off eBay for $60.

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Cass
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could research for pipe bending dice that

are
used
either for manual or hydraulic bending?

I guess that I could make some on the lathe but not sure of the

dimensions.

Thanks

Cass

The cheapest method is to simply buy a 12-ton pipe bending set from
Harbor freight.

I know of no simpler of cheaper method of getting the die sets.