Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:26:16 +0100, Dim GM4DHJ ... the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

it just doesn't ....

About to swallow now, you senile sucker of troll cock? BG
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default "Drywall"

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kod5pt8wdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 20:46:25 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

On 15/05/2020 20:41, newshound wrote:
On 15/05/2020 17:12, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

I'm not astonished or amazed that you are astonished at that, you have
always been that mindlessly obsessive about words.
Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Plastered walls are wet when you are doing the plastering, stupid.

Not usually in America, where they just tape and fill the joints. Hence
"Drywall".

wonder what they call Ames tape ?

I assume that's a company name, like Duck Tape. There must be a generic
name for it.

Anyway, isn't that the cheating way of filling gaps?

Nope, it's the only sensible way to do it.

Kinda like sellotaping things together instead of using screws!

Nothing like. The tape doesn't hold it to the wall, stupid.

Isn't that tape going to peel off at some later stage?

Nope.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 16 May 2020 07:20:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:27:13 +0100, Dim GM4DHJ ... the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

It's just just they way things are.....

Yeah, he makes you senile idiots suck him off, every time he feels he wants
to be sucked off by one of you!
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:28:17 +0100, Dim GM4DHJ ... the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

easier to go up in flames....needs a spread of flame rating ...

harder to make you stop sucking off the trolling cretin, senile cocksucker!

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:28:23 +0100, charles, another brain dead,
troll-feeding senile asshole, babbled:

and a lot more expensive.

Well, nothing could be as cheap as you senile cocksuckers sucking off the
trolls any time he wants to be sucked off by one of you ...for FREE! BG
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kofeeaiwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

On 15/05/2020 20:41, newshound wrote:
On 15/05/2020 17:12, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

I'm not astonished or amazed that you are astonished at that, you
have
always been that mindlessly obsessive about words.
Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Plastered walls are wet when you are doing the plastering, stupid.

Not usually in America, where they just tape and fill the joints.
Hence
"Drywall".
wonder what they call Ames tape ?

I assume that's a company name, like Duck Tape. There must be a generic
name for it.

scrim tape ...

I saw a van once with "Ames taping" on it and thought, that's a very
narrow field of work!
I saw another van with "Time served" which I think means he's done an
apprenticeship. But I assumed it meant he's been in jail.
I saw another van with "A. Prentice" which I assume is his name, but not a
very good advert.

Anyway, isn't that the cheating way of filling gaps? Kinda like
sellotaping things together instead of using screws! Isn't that tape
going to peel off at some later stage?

stops cracking at the joint.....you plaster flush over the tape and fill
the joint...one side of plasterboard is bevelled to allow for the tape
and the filling of the joint....

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

Because the tape is stronger in tension than plaster, stupid.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0koff3e6wdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 21:52:05 +0100, Scott Lurndal
wrote:

Andrew writes:
On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry, unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

SheetRock is a brand name.

It's known regionally by different names, gypboard, drywall, sheetrock,
blueboard/greenboard (mold resistant), etc.

Whatever it's called, it's ****. It's powder held together with paper.

Nope, the paper is just the surface.

Use wood for crying out loud.

No thanks, much more expensive for a wall or ceiling

No crumbling, easier to remove,

Wrong, as always.

easier to screw things into like a picture frame etc.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2020 07:43:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopaths' endless sick troll**** unread

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID:
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2020 07:37:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopaths' endless sick troll**** unread

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2020 07:46:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopaths' endless sick troll**** unread

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2020-05-15 12:46 p.m., Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 20:41, newshound wrote:
On 15/05/2020 17:12, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling!* So not a wall!

I'm not astonished or amazed that you are astonished at that, you
have always been that mindlessly obsessive about words.
Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Plastered walls are wet when you are doing the plastering, stupid.

Not usually in America, where they just tape and fill the joints.
Hence "Drywall".
wonder what they call Ames tape ?

drywall tape

not scrim tape then ?...Ames being a trade name ?....

drywall tape and don't put it on backwards
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

wrote:

[...]

durabond , 90 and 45
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 15/05/2020 17:12, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard "drywall"
even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

I'm not astonished or amazed that you are astonished at that, you have
always been that mindlessly obsessive about words.
Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry, unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Plastered walls are wet when you are doing the plastering, stupid.

Not usually in America, where they just tape and fill the joints. Hence
"Drywall".

I was talking about lath and plaster, not joins in whatever you call sheets
of drywall.

Wet plastering is still done in the UK, most obviously with skimming.

Far too skillfull a task for an American.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You sound like a builder. They do things because they're told that's the way it's done. Ask them why and they get confused.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:27:13 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 15/05/2020 22:04, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2020 21:52:10 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

On 15/05/2020 21:39, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2020 19:28:00 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

I still buy 2 by 1, but the blasted stuff sold
as PAR (planed all round) is nowhere near 2 x 1.

Local builder's merchant here sells what I ask for. They have several
sizes.
oooh lucky you .... four by two is the rough sawn size....when planed it
is smaller....

Mine sells by the mm. They quote on the website the precise size it is
when you buy it. Why would I want to buy a rough size which may not
match what I already have? Your houses must end up really wonky.

It's just just they way things are.....

Don't accept inferior products. If you buy something that's supposed to 16 of something, and it's 15, that's not fit for purpose.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Andrew writes:
On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry, unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

SheetRock is a brand name.

It's known regionally by different names, gypboard, drywall, sheetrock,
blueboard/greenboard (mold resistant), etc.

Whatever it's called, it's ****. It's powder held together with paper.
Use wood for crying out loud. No crumbling, easier to remove, easier to
screw things into like a picture frame etc.

easier to go up in flames....needs a spread of flame rating ...

Top tip - don't light fires inside your house.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:28:23 +0100, charles wrote:

wrote:

Andrew writes:
On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

SheetRock is a brand name.

It's known regionally by different names, gypboard, drywall, sheetrock,
blueboard/greenboard (mold resistant), etc.

Whatever it's called, it's ****. It's powder held together with paper.
Use wood for crying out loud. No crumbling, easier to remove, easier to
screw things into like a picture frame etc.

and a lot more expensive.

If a job's worth doing....
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Skimming?

Kinda like sellotaping things together instead of using screws!

Nothing like. The tape doesn't hold it to the wall, stupid.

I didn't say it did. But it can come off.

Isn't that tape going to peel off at some later stage?

Nope.

Why not? Is it magical? Every other tape comes off.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But the filler still has to stretch, which it doesn't, it cracks.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Andrew writes:
On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry, unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

SheetRock is a brand name.

It's known regionally by different names, gypboard, drywall, sheetrock,
blueboard/greenboard (mold resistant), etc.

Whatever it's called, it's ****. It's powder held together with paper.

Nope, the paper is just the surface.

Under the paper is just powder. Ever tried removing some?

Use wood for crying out loud.

No thanks, much more expensive for a wall or ceiling

But a better finished product.

No crumbling, easier to remove,

Wrong, as always.

Wood does not crumble. Wood panels attached with screws come off by simply undoing some screws. You can even reuse the wood. But plasterboard ends up in a cloud of dust and mess.

easier to screw things into like a picture frame etc.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kojaeyzwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Wrong, they used to do it that way until they invented drywall.

You lot are too stupid to do it the better way.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0kojetg0wdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Using the tape. Stops it cracking later.

Kinda like sellotaping things together instead of using screws!

Nothing like. The tape doesn't hold it to the wall, stupid.

I didn't say it did. But it can come off.

No it doesn't.

Isn't that tape going to peel off at some later stage?

Nope.

Why not?

The plaster keeps it on.

Is it magical?

Nope.

Every other tape comes off.

The other tape isnt plastered, stupid.

And the best duct tape doesn't come off.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0kojfnqbwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Nope, the tape stops any movement.

which it doesn't, it cracks.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0kojhuxowdg98l@glass...

wrote:

Andrew writes:
On 15/05/2020 18:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 16:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling! So not a wall!

Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless
made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Lath and plaster with horse hair is a wet wall....

They say two by four as well ....

I always thought they called it SheetRock ?.

SheetRock is a brand name.

It's known regionally by different names, gypboard, drywall, sheetrock,
blueboard/greenboard (mold resistant), etc.

Whatever it's called, it's ****. It's powder held together with paper.

Nope, the paper is just the surface.

Under the paper is just powder.

Wrong. as always. If it was, it would all fall
down to the bottom and it clearly doesn't.

Ever tried removing some?

Yep.

Use wood for crying out loud.

No thanks, much more expensive for a wall or ceiling

But a better finished product.

Wrong. as always.

No crumbling, easier to remove,

Wrong, as always.

Wood does not crumble.

It rots and gets white ants etc eating it.

Wood panels attached with screws come off by simply undoing some screws.

Undoing a hell of a lot of screws.

You can even reuse the wood.

Not if the white ants have been eating it.

But plasterboard ends up in a cloud of dust and mess.

Only if you are stupid enough to remove it.

easier to screw things into like a picture frame etc.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 23:48:01 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kojaeyzwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

I'd never use the Neanderthal stuff.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 23:54:36 +0100, dpb wrote:

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

But you have plaster over it! So what if the tape gives, the plaster over it will still crack.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

Yes but we call is plasterboard in the UK. Horrid stuff, try removing it.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It ain't strong enough to stop something 50 billion times heavier than itself from moving.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 23:54:36 +0100, dpb wrote:

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

But you have plaster over it!* So what if the tape gives, the plaster
over it will still crack.

Not unless the wall moves so much anything else would as well.

100 years applications prove the principle works pretty doggone well.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

Yes but we call is plasterboard in the UK.* Horrid stuff, try removing it.

No problem at all--it's trivial to remove or cut into for access for
other work or repair such as electrical or plumbing and then repair
it--certainly far easier than lath and plaster.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0kom2ffmwdg98l@glass...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kojaeyzwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

It is in fact much more recent than timber walls, you pathetic excuse for a
troll.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2020 00:54:20 +0100, dpb wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2020 23:54:36 +0100, dpb wrote:

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

But you have plaster over it! So what if the tape gives, the plaster
over it will still crack.

Not unless the wall moves so much anything else would as well.

100 years applications prove the principle works pretty doggone well.

I don't see how the tape helps. It's not going to reduce movement at all. Just put the plaster straight into the gap.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

Yes but we call is plasterboard in the UK. Horrid stuff, try removing it.

No problem at all--it's trivial to remove or cut into for access for
other work or repair such as electrical or plumbing and then repair
it--certainly far easier than lath and plaster.

Plasterboard is basically powder. Cut it and you get a dusty mess. Try removing a whole sheet of it, especially when a moronic builder with no long term planning has used nails which you can't remove without crumbling the plasterboard to pieces.
Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kojaeyzwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Doesn't mean it's better, just cheap ****. Dyson bagless hoovers are more recent, doesn't mean it's a good idea to have your dust float all over the room when you try to empty it.

And if you want cheap, just buy chipboard. Easier and cleaner to cut, put up, remove, and screw things into.

you pathetic excuse for a troll.

Pot kettle black. Everybody on here refers to you as that.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0kom4wmqwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

It isnt there to do that. It just flexes if the sheets move a little.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0koqf4rjwdg98l@glass...
On Sat, 16 May 2020 00:54:20 +0100, dpb wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2020 23:54:36 +0100, dpb wrote:

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

But you have plaster over it! So what if the tape gives, the plaster
over it will still crack.

Not unless the wall moves so much anything else would as well.

100 years applications prove the principle works pretty doggone well.

I don't see how the tape helps.

Yes, you have always been that hopeless at anything mechanical.

It's not going to reduce movement at all.

It flexes when there is movement. Plaster doesn't.

Just put the plaster straight into the gap.

That cracks when there is some movement.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

Yes but we call is plasterboard in the UK. Horrid stuff, try removing
it.

No problem at all--it's trivial to remove or cut into for access for
other work or repair such as electrical or plumbing and then repair
it--certainly far easier than lath and plaster.

Plasterboard is basically powder.

If it was, it would all fall down inside the plasterboard and even
someone as stupid as you should have noticed that it doesn't.

Cut it and you get a dusty mess.

Not if you cut it with the right tools.

Try removing a whole sheet of it,

Works fine.

especially when a moronic builder with no long term planning has used
nails which you can't remove without rumbling the plasterboard to pieces.

Watch what happens when a house is demo9lished with
a backhoe, no clouds of powder from the plasterboard.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0koqkjgywdg98l@glass...

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kojaeyzwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:20:07 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Does mean its not Neanderthal stuff, you
pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/troll.

Dyson bagless hoovers are more recent, doesn't mean it's a good idea to
have your dust float all over the room when you try to empty it.

Anyone with even half a clue does that outside,
stupid. And its certainly not Neanderthal stuff,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/troll.

And if you want cheap, just buy chipboard.

Much more expensive than plasterboard.

Easier and cleaner to cut, put up,

Wrong, as always.

remove,

Wrong, as always.

and screw things into.

Not stupid enough to do that.

you pathetic excuse for a troll.

Pot kettle black. Everybody on here refers to you as that.

Lying thru your ****ing teeth as you always
do when you have got done like a ****ing
dinner, as you always are, you pathetic
excuse for a lying bull**** artist/troll.

Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

so you just throw away the traditions of the building industry ? ...