Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Default "Drywall"

On 2020-05-15 12:46 p.m., Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 20:41, newshound wrote:
On 15/05/2020 17:12, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
I was astonished to find Americans actually call plasterboard
"drywall" even if it's on a ceiling!* So not a wall!

I'm not astonished or amazed that you are astonished at that, you
have always been that mindlessly obsessive about words.
Daft in the first place to say "drywall", as all walls are dry,
unless made of mud, which is still dry once it's set.

Plastered walls are wet when you are doing the plastering, stupid.

Not usually in America, where they just tape and fill the joints.
Hence "Drywall".
wonder what they call Ames tape ?

drywall tape

not scrim tape then ?...Ames being a trade name ?....

drywall tape and don't put it on backwards