Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Purpose of shower switch

On 11/11/18 6:14 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

If the house is wired right, the receptacles will be on one circuit and
the ceiling lights will be on another, so if one fuse blows, you still
can have light, but in my house, only the kitchen had a ceiling light.

That's a good idea, lights on different circuits. Then I wouldn't need a
lamp on an extension cord to work on a receptacle.

BTW, for some reason it feels that that last word (receptacle) ought to
have an 'i' in it (-icle).

--
43 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I have been looking for god for fifty years and I think if he had
existed I should have discovered him." [Thomas Hardy]
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/18 6:19 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

I was referring to the rubber hoses with a cone at the end meant for
shoving onto the tap. I would hunt to see if they are still for sale
but I don't know what they are called. They would still be useful for
washing a dog in the bathtub.

My parents got one of those in 1970, for washing the dog. The package
said "fits all faucets" which should be "fits all faucets except for
those it doesn't fit". It didn't fit ours.

[snip]

--
43 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I have been looking for god for fifty years and I think if he had
existed I should have discovered him." [Thomas Hardy]
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:16:35 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 11/11/18 6:14 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

If the house is wired right, the receptacles will be on one circuit and
the ceiling lights will be on another, so if one fuse blows, you still
can have light, but in my house, only the kitchen had a ceiling light.

That's a good idea, lights on different circuits. Then I wouldn't need a
lamp on an extension cord to work on a receptacle.

I think it's easier too, because you run one cable along the ceilings
and the other underneath the rooms.

BTW, for some reason it feels that that last word (receptacle) ought to
have an 'i' in it (-icle).

receptacle recepticle No, spell check doesn't like the second one.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2018 21:31, Steven Watkins wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 21:14:54 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:45:49 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Or scolded.

Not nice to scold someone who has just been electrocuted in the shower,
you should be scolding the one who perpetrated that abortion.

Spanking someone when they're all wet is more fun.

Spanking isnt scolding, stupid.

Scolding doesn't have to mean high temperature, it can also mean
punishing.* And spanking is used as a punishment.

"GB" wrote in message
news On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it
anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before
helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

its ****ing scalding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 12/11/2018 16:58, steven ****** wrote:
Scolding doesn't have to mean high temperature, it can also mean
punishing.Â* And spanking is used as a punishment.

Oh dear. The illteracy is strong in this one.

Scolding NEVER means high temperature. Thas is "scalding"....

--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Frédéric Bastiat
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:48:51 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:58, steven ****** wrote:
Scolding doesn't have to mean high temperature, it can also mean
punishing. And spanking is used as a punishment.

Oh dear. The illteracy is strong in this one.

Scolding NEVER means high temperature. Thas is "scalding"....

Pedantic OCD ****wit.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:35:55 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:37:54 -0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 11/11/2018 20:57, Stephen Watkin wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 20:43:01 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But they have 115 and 230V in the same house.
It's a centre tapped 230V. Bit of a ****ing mess,
but thy can get a decent voltage when needed.

Not practical to do electric showers that way.

That's also the reason they don't use electric jugs
either, not practical to run them on 230V.

Why not?

They don't in fact have 230V GPOs in the kitchen
you can plug the kettle into. What 230V appliances
they do have are mostly hard wired with stuff like
driers in the laundry etc.

Which is bloody stupid, not having 240V sockets around.

They're lucky they don't still use DC, as promoted by Edison. "AC will
kill you!"

They are quite a backward community.

How odd that they invented what you are using.

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

I count about 175 that we
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti...nd_discoveries

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:55:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents, China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

Ever tried one of their LiIon batteries? A 2500mAh battery I tested at 500mAh, 1/5th of it's rating, and review sites come to the same conclusion.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

None of those matter as much as the ones I listed.

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Nope.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that are incompetant. Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff. Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It's well known we invent vastly more per head of population than anyone else.

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Nope.

Even the name is from the

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that are
incompetant.

Nope, plenty of what they have designed works fine.

Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.

Been there, done that, plenty of it works fine as you can see from Big
Clive's teardowns.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

Tho the cruise control on the civic is very decent indeed
and works even in traffic jam stop start 'cruising'

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

[...]

And nothing even remotely like most things anyway.

It's well known we invent vastly more per head of population than anyone
else.

Nothing even remotely like your original stupidity.

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Nope.

Even the name is from the

Nope.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:35:55 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

https://www.thetoptens.com/most-infl...history-world/

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Nope.

Even the name is from the

Nope.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

****ing hell they're world famous for growing it!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:55:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good improvements like your below.

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

Tho the cruise control on the civic is very decent indeed
and works even in traffic jam stop start 'cruising'

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that are
incompetant.

Nope, plenty of what they have designed works fine.

Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.

Been there, done that, plenty of it works fine as you can see from Big
Clive's teardowns.

Buy a GTL/GIF LiIon battery, tell me how long it lasts. You can tell right away it's a fake, as nobody has actually ever made a LiIon AA that has more than 850mAh, yet this Chinese firm is making them with 2500 stamped on the side, they're outright liars.

Now buy a Chinese £1.99 battery charger. After the tenth use it will crumble as you pull it out of the socket.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to who INVENTED smoking it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented
in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good
improvements like your below.

Improvements arent inventions, stupid.

We have different words for a reason.

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

Tho the cruise control on the civic is very decent indeed
and works even in traffic jam stop start 'cruising'

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:11:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

Japan most likely has invented more than Australia, senile Rot!

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Those are AMERICAN products, even when made in China, idiot!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:26:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that are
incompetant.

Nope, plenty of what they have designed works fine.

Obviously not for many others!

Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.

Been there, done that, plenty of it works fine as you can see from Big
Clive's teardowns.

Obviously not for many others!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:28:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

They DID invent a lot of stuff, senile Ozzietard!

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

In fact they have, you pathological LIAR!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:08:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I count about 175 that we
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti...nd_discoveries

None of those matter as much as the ones I listed.

That's not for an internationally recognized senile Ozzie cretin like you to
do decide!

They're famous for it.

Nope.

In fact they are, idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:34:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 98 lines of senile troll **** unread

....and much better air in here again!

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented
in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good
improvements like your below.

Improvements arent inventions, stupid.

We have different words for a reason.

But certain things happen together.

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

Tho the cruise control on the civic is very decent indeed
and works even in traffic jam stop start 'cruising'

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:08:48 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

[...]

So you don't believe webpages either?

And smoking your wacky weed too.

Wasn't that Columbia?

Nope.

They're famous for it.

Nope.

Even the name is from the

Nope.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

****ing hell they're world famous for growing it!

Irrelevant to who INVENTED smoking it.

There's a good chance it was them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:57:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Now buy a Chinese £1.99 battery charger. After the tenth use it will
crumble as you pull it out of the socket.

None of mine have.

So, how MANY Chiness battery chargers do you have, senile Ozzietard! VBG

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:55:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

That's not invented.

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good
improvements like your below.

Improvements arent inventions, stupid.

They can be, stupid!

We have different words for a reason.

Different words can mean the same, senile idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented
in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

They make damn good stuff.

That's not invented.

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good
improvements like your below.

Improvements arent inventions, stupid.

We have different words for a reason.

But certain things happen together.

That doesn't.

Panasonic is Japanese. Honda is Japanese.

Neither of those have invented anything much.

Tho the cruise control on the civic is very decent indeed
and works even in traffic jam stop start 'cruising'

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:53:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 115 lines of stinking troll ****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:08:48 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:06:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:19:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

If they can make stuff well, those companies must come up with good
improvements like your below.

Improvements arent inventions, stupid.

We have different words for a reason.

But certain things happen together.

That doesn't.

It CERTAINLY does, poor asshole! BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:21:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 134 lines of stinking troll ****

....and much better air in here again!

--