Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Purpose of shower switch

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:57:08 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:55:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented
in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that
are
incompetant.

Nope, plenty of what they have designed works fine.

Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.

Been there, done that, plenty of it works fine as you can see from Big
Clive's teardowns.

Now buy a Chinese £1.99 battery charger. After the tenth use it will
crumble as you pull it out of the socket.

None of mine have.

I just noticed this on another Chinese charger, which I've had for about 6 months. The pins on the plug are actually plastic, with silver paint on them to conduct the power! It's wearing off as you can see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiruq8g0t2bqj7q/plug.jpg?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Fark, never seen anything like that yet.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

But do you buy the cheapest **** on Ebay like I do? I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons. It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Yep, and the even cheaper **** on aliexpress too.

I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons.

I bought two of those for that. I use them in my torches.

It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:11:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I just noticed this on another Chinese charger, which I've had for about 6
months. The pins on the plug are actually plastic, with silver paint on
them to conduct the power! It's wearing off as you can see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiruq8g0t2bqj7q/plug.jpg?dl=0

Fark, never seen anything like that yet.

Fark, and I thought you'd say you designed, senile idiot! LOL

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:49:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 100 lines of the usual troll ****

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:57:08 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Never tried that website, I thought that was where people buy things by the 1000?

I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons.

I bought two of those for that. I use them in my torches.

Yes, and to think we used to have those huge D cell torches that lasted half an hour or so. And before rechargeables, leaving it on by mistake was very annoying when you destroyed two or more Duracells.

It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Nar, that's alibaba.

I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons.

I bought two of those for that. I use them in my torches.

Yes, and to think we used to have those huge D cell torches that lasted
half an hour or so.

I used torches that used the much bigger
lantern batterys and stole those from work.
https://www.rsea.com.au/hardware/ele...bat6v-and-ur6v

And before rechargeables, leaving it on by mistake was very annoying when
you destroyed two or more Duracells.

It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:53:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 127 of the two stinking trolls' stinking troll****

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:11:22 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Are they related? And is it any better than Ebay? And is it in the UK?

I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons.

I bought two of those for that. I use them in my torches.

Yes, and to think we used to have those huge D cell torches that lasted
half an hour or so.

I used torches that used the much bigger
lantern batterys and stole those from work.
https://www.rsea.com.au/hardware/ele...bat6v-and-ur6v

I managed to get industrial NiCads to make the normal torches and cycle lamps run for an eternity, even with a brighter bulb. At the time a normal NiCad was 1.2Ah. Mine were 4Ah and significantly heavier. Got my radio controlled Toyota Hilux going at a tremendous speed too.

And before rechargeables, leaving it on by mistake was very annoying when
you destroyed two or more Duracells.

It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:19:45 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 11/11/18 6:19 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

I was referring to the rubber hoses with a cone at the end meant for
shoving onto the tap. I would hunt to see if they are still for sale
but I don't know what they are called. They would still be useful for
washing a dog in the bathtub.

My parents got one of those in 1970, for washing the dog. The package

I just guessed about the dog!

said "fits all faucets" which should be "fits all faucets except for
those it doesn't fit". It didn't fit ours.

LOL

[snip]

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:19:01 -0000, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Nov 2018 21:39:46 -0500, micky
wrote:

Don't tell me you still use the kind you shove on the bath tap? We have electric showers in the UK now.

You could probably find one of those on ebay but I haven't seen any for
30 years.

I was referring to the rubber hoses with a cone at the end meant for
shoving onto the tap. I would hunt to see if they are still for sale
but I don't know what they are called. They would still be useful for
washing a dog in the bathtub.

I sell them. They're handy for someone who only has a bath and doesn't want to spend much on fitting a shower. They only cost £10.

They have permanently attached hand-held sprayers with metal hoses that
some people must like for some reason, maybe women so they can avoid
getting their hair wet, but I think they are inconvenient.

I have an electric shower on the wall, attached to a 3 foot pole, I can lower it below head height if I want to wash my body but not my head.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:40:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 148 lines of idiotic troll **** unread

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:46:31 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 192 lines of the stinking troll ****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default FLUSH 265 Lines of Stinking Troll ****...

....and much better air in here again!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:47:41 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:46:31 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 01:40:34 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:28:04 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Buy this one, that's the one I have:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192110897208

More fool you.

You told me you buy similar cheap ****.

Mine havent split, lit alone crumble after the
tenth use as you pull it out of the socket.

Probably depends on the socket,

Nope, I have in fact had a hell of a problem
finding adapters that grip the US pins solidly.
It hasn't taken much for whatever it is to move
out of the adapter and need to be inserted again.

I have just recently found a plug board that will
take any of the common pugs and that does
grip the pins solidly, so should fix that problem.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/112101146354

That's expensive,

Yep but the best universal one I could find.

Not ideal, the sockets are too close together
for some of the biggest wall warts and I prefer
a single row of sockets too, so you don't lose
the use of one socket in the other row with
some of the things like your charger. And it
would be better if the sockets in each row
faced in opposite directions if there are
two rows for the same reason.

I have a double wall outlet (a normal UK one) which annoys me in the same way. If I put one of those cube shaped triple adapters in one of them (or anything else quite bulky like a wall wart), it pushes on the switch and turns it off, so I end up having to have it hanging out slightly.

What amuses me is an adaptor I bought which has the male side with two
pins, intended for travelling through Europe, and the female side is UK.
It says on it that I must not use it in the UK. I do, it's very handy to
plug a 3 pin UK plug into my shaver socket.

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

For doing what? Disobeying a safety instruction?

mine is plugged into a universal adaptor (as the charger has a yank
plug).
One of the adapters permanently on my desk sockets (as I have quite a
few
cheap **** foreign devices) is quite stiff.

All but one of mine are the reverse, not stiff enough.

Same here, although since the things I plug in are either very light small
chargers, or a flimsy little US style ****ty plastic plug, they don't need
to hold tight.

Yes they do, because otherwise you have to check
that it hasn't moved up out of the socket a bit when
you use the charger. I leave mine plugged in all the
time and just plug the cord into what needs charging.

All my chargers have their own mains plugs and the battery goes inside the charger. I assume you're talking about something that charges a seperate battery via a lead?

It also helps that my sockets on the back of the desk are horizontal, not
vertical like on the wall where they could fall out.

Mine are mostly on the floor beside the arm chair I do
most stuff from, or on the floor behind all the hardware.

I don't use a desk.

I take it you use a laptop then? I can't stand those things. I like a proper keyboard and mouse, a large monitor, and a chair I can sit upright in.

After several uses, it split in half along the line you can see in
the
photo.

Neither of mine have. And that's split, not crumble.

Why did you specify specifically that it didn't split rather than it
didn't crumble?

Because you stupidly claimed that it crumbled when in fact it split.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 01:40:34 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:28:04 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote
in
message
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
[...]

Charges a device like a phone or tablet or hair trimmer etc that way.

You don't need to check those, as the phone will indicate it's charging when you connect it.

You could always open the adaptor and squeeze the contacts together a bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default FLUSH 335 more Lines of Stinking Troll ****...

....and much better air in here again!

--