Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Purpose of shower switch

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 10/11/2018 19:17, ARW wrote:
On 10/11/2018 16:19, Richard wrote:
On 10/11/2018 15:49, GB wrote:
On 10/11/2018 15:44, Frank wrote:
On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

snip

I smell JWS has nym shifted again.

Indeed, he has. And, as you can see from the post he made at the same
time as you, answering one inane question just gives him scope to ask a
lot of even sillier ones.

Well, as you were first to bite...

It was a teasing question that the pillock asked.

And I was a pillock for answering it. My apologies.

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Do that in the shower with it turned off to make it easier to clean up the
mess.

TBH I have never used my shower pull switch other than to swap the shower
and I installed the first shower in 1999.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:25:35 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

That's not the reason for the pull cord on the switches inside the bathroom.

So what is?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:56:29 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:34:36 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:41:58 -0000, DerbyBorn
wrote:

It would be like turning off
your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished cooking.

But you can if you want to or need to.

Cite the legislation requiring a microwave to be connected to an
accessible switched outlet.

The rule that GPOs have to have a switch.

I said ACCESSIBLE. Mine or example is sited in front of the socket.
I'd
have to pull the microwave out to get to it.

Still accessible. Even you should be able to manage that.

Not when the microwave is on fire or electrified, which is presumably what
the silly rule is for.

It isnt a silly rule.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:35:25 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 10:33:19 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can you please describe the situation more fully. Does this switch turn
off
the water, or does it turn off electricity (such as for a light in the
shower compartment)?

It turns off the electrical heating of the water in the shower.

Some not in england go even further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

I can't understand how that can work with no earth. Is the water coming out of the shower when unearthed not at about 120 volts (the average of the heating element voltage)? That would give you more than a tingle.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:44:13 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 10/11/2018 19:17, Max Demian wrote:
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from
it anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before
helping the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

I wonder why there is a requirement that the switch indicate whether it
is on or off even when there is no power, i.e. pull switches need a 0/1
indicator (or similar), not just a neon?

The neon is optional in uk regs.

Daft, as it's easier to see. I saw one with a silly plastic 0 and 1 indicator once, and I assumed it was just cheap ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

That's not the reason for the pull cord on the switches inside the
bathroom.

So what is?

Like I said, so you don't use the switch dripping wet just out of the
shower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:45:49 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Or scolded.

Not nice to scold someone who has just been electrocuted in the shower,
you should be scolding the one who perpetrated that abortion.

Spanking someone when they're all wet is more fun.

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:47:41 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 10/11/2018 20:43, Steven Watkins wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:47:37 -0000, ARW
wrote:

On 10/11/2018 19:39, Steven Watkins wrote:

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

snip

I smell JWS has nym shifted again.

Indeed, he has. And, as you can see from the post he made at the same
time as you, answering one inane question just gives him scope to ask
a lot of even sillier ones.

Well, as you were first to bite...

It was a teasing question that the pillock asked.

No, I actually want to know why. As yet, no sensible reason has been
given.

TBH I have never used my shower pull switch other than to swap the
shower and I installed the first shower in 1999.

And you could have just used the fuse/circuit breaker in the consumer
unit for that.

I could have done but it is on a shared RCD.

That in itself probably breaks some silly regulation.

No regs broken.

But you are a steaming great ****.

I'm a sensible ****. Regulations are for morons that can't think for themselves.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:47:58 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

I wonder why there is a requirement that the switch indicate whether it is
on or off even when there is no power, i.e. pull switches need a 0/1
indicator (or similar), not just a neon?

So you can see if its off when it has been turned off in the CU and
you are about to turn it on again in the CU. A neon can't do that.

Under what circumstance would you need this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:49:37 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

snip

I smell JWS has nym shifted again.

Indeed, he has. And, as you can see from the post he made at the same
time as you, answering one inane question just gives him scope to ask a
lot of even sillier ones.

Well, as you were first to bite...

It was a teasing question that the pillock asked.

And I was a pillock for answering it. My apologies.

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Do that in the shower with it turned off to make it easier to clean up the
mess.

Surely having it on would rinse away the blood.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It would be like turning off
your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished cooking.

But you can if you want to or need to.

Cite the legislation requiring a microwave to be connected to an
accessible switched outlet.

The rule that GPOs have to have a switch.

I said ACCESSIBLE. Mine or example is sited in front of the socket.
I'd
have to pull the microwave out to get to it.

Still accessible. Even you should be able to manage that.

Not when the microwave is on fire or electrified, which is presumably what
the silly rule is for.

It isnt a silly rule.

Then state a reason for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can you please describe the situation more fully. Does this switch turn
off
the water, or does it turn off electricity (such as for a light in the
shower compartment)?

It turns off the electrical heating of the water in the shower.

Some not in england go even further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

I can't understand how that can work with no earth.

Basically there is far less water between the active
and neutral than between the active and any earth
that the person in the shower can be in contact
with even with metal water supply pipes and taps.

Is the water coming out of the shower when unearthed not at about 120
volts

Nope, most of europe and china are 240V

(the average of the heating element voltage)?

There is no heating element. The
current flows thru the water itself.

That would give you more than a tingle.

In fact it doesn't.

But there is a reason that wimps call them suicide showers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Or scolded.

Not nice to scold someone who has just been electrocuted in the shower,
you should be scolding the one who perpetrated that abortion.

Spanking someone when they're all wet is more fun.

Spanking isnt scolding, stupid.

"GB" wrote in message
news On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it
anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before
helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

You're also a steaming great **** when straight from
a hot shower in winter in that frigid island of yours.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/18 9:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 10:33:19 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Why would anyone have a shower activated with a switch? I've lived in many places, traveled to many countries. Some showers have lights that are
on switches, but not the shower itself. The only place I saw such a shower
was on my boat and it's a 12V pump.

I don't need a switch. I use regular water rather than high-voltage water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
[...]

If you have been working on the shower, have turned it off in the CU
to do that, and want to be next to the shower when you turn it on
again so you can burn it off again if it looks like you have ****ed up
what you have done and want to stop it destroying itself so you
can fix what you ****ed up before turning it on again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:49:37 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

snip

I smell JWS has nym shifted again.

Indeed, he has. And, as you can see from the post he made at the same
time as you, answering one inane question just gives him scope to ask
lot of even sillier ones.

Well, as you were first to bite...

It was a teasing question that the pillock asked.

And I was a pillock for answering it. My apologies.

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Do that in the shower with it turned off to make it easier to clean up
the
mess.

Surely having it on would rinse away the blood.

But makes the corpse all wet and soggy and
spreads that mess wherever you drag the corpse.

Makes more sense to bag the corpse while its still
in the shower, drag the bagged corpse out of the
shower, then turn the shower on to wash all the
stomach contents and blood and gore down the drain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 11:12:47 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 16:05:22 -0000, wrote:

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 10:33:19 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can you please describe the situation more fully. Does this switch turn off
the water, or does it turn off electricity (such as for a light in the
shower compartment)?

Commonplace in the UK. Circuit from fusebox feeds switch on bathroom ceiling or in the hall. This feeds the 8kW (ish) electrically heated shower. The switch disconnects the heater in the shower (pointlessly as the shower has it's own controls). It would be like turning off your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished cooking.

Ah. I understand now. The most common arrangement in the U.S. is a
tank heater that keeps 40 or 50 gallons of water hot at all times, which
feeds the shower and all other hot water needs in the house. My tank
is kept heated by a gas burner.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:34:36 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message

wrote:

It would be like turning off
your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished cooking.

But you can if you want to or need to.

Cite the legislation requiring a microwave to be connected to an
accessible switched outlet.

The rule that GPOs have to have a switch.

I said ACCESSIBLE. Mine or example is sited in front of the socket.
I'd
have to pull the microwave out to get to it.

Still accessible. Even you should be able to manage that.

Not when the microwave is on fire or electrified, which is presumably
what
the silly rule is for.

It isnt a silly rule.

Then state a reason for it.

For when someone hasn't been stupid enough to
shove the appliance in front of the GPO and switch.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can you please describe the situation more fully. Does this switch turn
off
the water, or does it turn off electricity (such as for a light in the
shower compartment)?

It turns off the electrical heating of the water in the shower.

Some not in england go even further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

I can't understand how that can work with no earth.

Basically there is far less water between the active
and neutral than between the active and any earth
that the person in the shower can be in contact
with even with metal water supply pipes and taps.

Irrelevant. Think of it as two resistors in series (the element and the person). You have live at one end of the element, 240V. This is free to conduct through a few inches of water to the shower head holes, then through the person underneath. Having the element conduct electricity from that 240V point to neutral doesn't change the voltage by much at the 240V end, so the same current will flow through the person underneath.

Is the water coming out of the shower when unearthed not at about 120
volts

Nope, most of europe and china are 240V

I was assuming the middle of the element was close to the outlet.

(the average of the heating element voltage)?

There is no heating element. The
current flows thru the water itself.

Your video showed a coiled wire, this is the element.

That would give you more than a tingle.

In fact it doesn't.

But there is a reason that wimps call them suicide showers.

It wouldn't bother me using one. I'm just wondering why you don't get a full electric shock instead of the tingle in the head that people claim to have had from unearthed ones. If you were stood in your shower, and someone introduced a live conductor in the water stream above you, you'd get a ****ing big jolt surely?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Or scolded.

Not nice to scold someone who has just been electrocuted in the shower,
you should be scolding the one who perpetrated that abortion.

Spanking someone when they're all wet is more fun.

Spanking isnt scolding, stupid.

Scolding doesn't have to mean high temperature, it can also mean punishing. And spanking is used as a punishment.

"GB" wrote in message
news On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it
anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before
helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

I don't have hot showers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
[...]

Then remember whether you turned the isolator switch off first. Anyway the above doesn't work when the switch is in the hall.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

Blood is already wet.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 21:21:45 -0000, wrote:

[...]

Yes some people do that here. But for some reason they only turn on the tank when they're going to need it, so they have to plan their shower in advance.

I don't have these problems, as I just shower in cold water (or whatever the incoming mains is). I see no point in having hot or warm water to wash in, as soap and shampoo work at any temperature.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:34:36 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message

wrote:

It would be like turning off
your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished cooking.

But you can if you want to or need to.

Cite the legislation requiring a microwave to be connected to an
accessible switched outlet.

The rule that GPOs have to have a switch.

I said ACCESSIBLE. Mine or example is sited in front of the socket.
I'd
have to pull the microwave out to get to it.

Still accessible. Even you should be able to manage that.

Not when the microwave is on fire or electrified, which is presumably
what the silly rule is for.

It isnt a silly rule.

Then state a reason for it.

For when someone hasn't been stupid enough to
shove the appliance in front of the GPO and switch.

That isn't a reason. I can think of no circumstance I'd need to disconnect my microwave from the mains urgently.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can you please describe the situation more fully. Does this switch
turn
off
the water, or does it turn off electricity (such as for a light in the
shower compartment)?

It turns off the electrical heating of the water in the shower.

Some not in england go even further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

I can't understand how that can work with no earth.

Basically there is far less water between the active
and neutral than between the active and any earth
that the person in the shower can be in contact
with even with metal water supply pipes and taps.

Irrelevant.

Nope.

Think of it as two resistors in series (the element and the person).

Nope, they arent in series if there is an element.

You have live at one end of the element, 240V. This is free to conduct
through a few inches of water to the shower head holes, then through the
person underneath.

In practice the resistance that way is quite high, even
if the person in the shower is holding a metal tap
which has an earthed metal water pipe behind it.

Having the element conduct electricity from that 240V point to neutral
doesn't change the voltage by much at the 240V end,

Correct.

so the same current will flow through the person underneath.

No it wont, because the resistance thru the water is much higher.

Is the water coming out of the shower when unearthed not at about 120
volts

Nope, most of europe and china are 240V

I was assuming the middle of the element was close to the outlet.

That really doesn't matter given the high resistance of the water.

(the average of the heating element voltage)?

There is no heating element. The
current flows thru the water itself.

Your video showed a coiled wire, this is the element.

Some others have no element.

That would give you more than a tingle.

In fact it doesn't.

But there is a reason that wimps call them suicide showers.

It wouldn't bother me using one.

It clearly doesn't with most europeans and chinese either.

I'm just wondering why you don't get a full electric shock

Because the resistance of the water is surprisingly high.

instead of the tingle in the head that people claim to have had from
unearthed ones.

They wouldn't normally be earthed unless it's a shower
in a bath and even then obviously not with an acrylic bath.

If you were stood in your shower, and someone introduced a live conductor
in the water stream above you, you'd get a ****ing big jolt surely?

No you don't, because the resistance of the
water is a lot higher than you might think.

Plenty in europe and china heat water in a cup
by putting a couple of electrodes connected to
the mains active and neutral directly in the water.

That wasn't that uncommon in britain at one time either.

Clearly quite dangerous tho if you grab the electrodes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Or scolded.

Not nice to scold someone who has just been electrocuted in the shower,
you should be scolding the one who perpetrated that abortion.

Spanking someone when they're all wet is more fun.

Spanking isnt scolding, stupid.

Scolding doesn't have to mean high temperature,

In fact it never does, that's scalding, stupid.

it can also mean punishing.

Scolding isnt the same as punishing.

And spanking is used as a punishment.

But isnt scolding.

"GB" wrote in message
news On 10/11/2018 15:33, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on
the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Can't be for safety - if you're in the shower and get a shock, if
you've
managed to get out to reach the switch, you've got away from it
anyway.

Can't be to isolate to work on it, there's a fusebox for that.

Don't need to turn it off when you're finished showering, there's a
switch on the shower itself.

If I answer this, do you promise to **** off?

It's so somebody not in the shower can isolate it quickly before
helping
the poor bugger who is being electrocuted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily possible if it died and you turned it off to fix it.

Anyway the above doesn't work when the switch is in the hall.

But does when it isnt. It doesn't need to have a pull cord when
its in the hall and you can see the position of the switch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

But the corpse wouldn't be as wet as if he disembowelled
himself in the shower with the shower running.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:43:54 GMT, DerbyBorn, another braindamaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

All permanantly wired devices need a point of local isolation.

HE only needs some senile idiots to suck him off, time and again! Is true,
senile idiot!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:56:29 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:34:36 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message

wrote:

It would be like turning off
your microwave oven at the wall every time you'd finished
cooking.

But you can if you want to or need to.

Cite the legislation requiring a microwave to be connected to an
accessible switched outlet.

The rule that GPOs have to have a switch.

I said ACCESSIBLE. Mine or example is sited in front of the socket.
I'd
have to pull the microwave out to get to it.

Still accessible. Even you should be able to manage that.

Not when the microwave is on fire or electrified, which is presumably
what the silly rule is for.

It isnt a silly rule.

Then state a reason for it.

For when someone hasn't been stupid enough to
shove the appliance in front of the GPO and switch.

That isn't a reason.

Corse it is.

I can think of no circumstance I'd need to disconnect my microwave from
the mains urgently.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 05:06:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And how many times has this ever actually happened?

Irrelevant.

And why are we therefore not forbidden to have showers when nobody else is
home?

Because that's not practical.

And why can't they make showers which are guaranteed not to electrocute
you?

They do.

And why can't the other person just switch the shower off on its own
switch?

Because, if the person in the shower has just
got electrocuted, they would be too, stupid.

And why can't he ask questions retarded enough that YOU senile idiot won't
answer them, senile idiot? G

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:47:41 -0000, ARW

On 11/10/2018 10:35 AM, GB wrote:

[...]

I'm not a girl.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:47:58 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 10/11/2018 15:35, GB wrote:
[...]

Easy, turn it on and listen for an explosion, if there is one, you did it wrong. Turn it off and buy a new shower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 05:59:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And doesn't modern society believe that the cold can kill you just as
easily?

Nope, cold showers cant.

And the Scottish attention whore keeps asking retarded questions ...and the
senile Ozzie troll keeps answering them ALL! What a bunch of freaking
idiots! LMAO!

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 05:22:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Don't tell me you still use the kind you shove on the bath tap?

No bath tap in my place, no bath, stupid. Just showers.

The Scottish idiot asks; and the Ozzie idiot answers! LOL!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 06:27:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two abnormal idiots' endless sick troll ****

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder