Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default C E D General Purpose Time Switch. FT7E T55

Hi we have a C E D General Purpose Time Switch. Model FT7E T55 for the
immersion heater, in our rented bungalow, but there are no
instructions on how to use it. It is set to come on for 2 hours in the
morning and 2 hours in the early evening. We only need to come on for
about 1 hour in the morning. We can't seem to set the timer for this.
Can anyone help. Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2012 09:45, faro wrote:
Hi we have a C E D General Purpose Time Switch. Model FT7E T55 for the
immersion heater, in our rented bungalow, but there are no
instructions on how to use it. It is set to come on for 2 hours in the
morning and 2 hours in the early evening. We only need to come on for
about 1 hour in the morning. We can't seem to set the timer for this.
Can anyone help. Thanks.

Can you tell us more about the switch - and maybe post a photo
somewhere, with a link here?

Is it mechanical or electronic. In other words, does it have a dial
which rotates once per 24 hours, with fingers to move round, or sliders
to move in and out to define the on/off times, or does it have an LED
display and buttons to press in order to program it.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2012 22:41, Owain wrote:
On Mar 11, 9:45 am, wrote:
Hi we have a C E D General Purpose Time Switch. Model FT7E T55 for the
immersion heater, in our rented bungalow, but there are no
instructions on how to use it. It is set to come on for 2 hours in the
morning and 2 hours in the early evening. We only need to come on for
about 1 hour in the morning. We can't seem to set the timer for this.
Can anyone help. Thanks.

Looks like its sold by
CED Century Electrical Distributors
46 Rosemount Business Park
Ballycoolin, Dublin 11
Phone : (01) 864 6566
Fax : (01) 864 6938. Email:

Owain

Ah yes, is it one of these?
http://www.ced.ie/product_catalog/pr...136,2658.html#

If so, contact CED and ask for some user instructions.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 11, 9:45 am, *wrote:
[...]

Hi Roger. Yes that's the little bugger. ?http://www.ced.ie/
product_catalog/product_profile/FT7E,136,2658.html# Have been in
touch with Century Electrical Distributors. But as yet no reply, but i
will try again.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 11, 9:45 am, *wrote:
[...]

C E D Timer now sorted. Dave from C E D e mailed the instructions to
me.