Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Stephen Watkin Stephen Watkin is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:11:22 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:57:08 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:26:17 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:11:19 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Stephen Watkin" wrote in
message
news On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:55:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 16:21, Sam E wrote:
On 11/11/18 6:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Most things were invented in Scotland.

BULL****. The steam engine wasn't, cars weren't,
computers weren't, aircraft weren't, trains weren't.

Somewhere I remember someone claiming that everything was invented
in
Russia.

China surely...

Japan invents,

Japan has invented **** all.

China makes stuff that falls apart in 2 days.

My iphones havent.

Perhaps just using their workers is ok, and it's their designers that
are
incompetant.

Nope, plenty of what they have designed works fine.

Try going to Ebay and buying some electronics from there.

Been there, done that, plenty of it works fine as you can see from Big
Clive's teardowns.

Now buy a Chinese £1.99 battery charger. After the tenth use it will
crumble as you pull it out of the socket.

None of mine have.

I just noticed this on another Chinese charger, which I've had for about 6
months. The pins on the plug are actually plastic, with silver paint on
them to conduct the power! It's wearing off as you can see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiruq8g0t2bqj7q/plug.jpg?dl=0

Fark, never seen anything like that yet.

But do you buy the cheapest **** on Ebay like I do? I just wanted something to charge some 18650 LiIons. It does work, and at 1 amp per cell (charges 1 or 2 at once).