Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Microsoft callled.

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

He had me go to eventviewer, eventvwr. Then to applications. Boy, was
he right! I had loads of information lines and lots of warnings and
errors. Then he had me go to www.?????.me. I forget what the
questions marks were. I wasn't using this computer but the laptop, in
bed, and it was really slow..... When I couldn't get there, he sent me
to teamviewer.com.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes. He got annoyed once
when he had to keep repeating the second letter in Team. I really
couldn't understand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:51:45 -0400, micky wrote:

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

Maybe you mentioned you were eating a burger made from the best cows. Did
you also mention you liked to eat cows a lot and all of your friends eat
cows a lot. Eating animals that are vegetarians makes you a vegetarian,
just like the Indian Scammers that you were talking to.

:-)

I'll bet you didn't get to the point of telling him you were using a Mac
either.

Thane
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

He had me go to eventviewer, eventvwr. Then to applications. Boy, was
he right! I had loads of information lines and lots of warnings and
errors. Then he had me go to www.?????.me. I forget what the
questions marks were. I wasn't using this computer but the laptop, in
bed, and it was really slow..... When I couldn't get there, he sent me
to teamviewer.com.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes. He got annoyed once
when he had to keep repeating the second letter in Team. I really
couldn't understand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

The same guy probably called me too. English was definitely not his
native language. It took him a while to explain to me what the "ctrl"
key was. I kept asking if this had anything to do with gun control but
he didn't understand that. At the end of our conversation he did
understand what "**** you" meant.

He was unhappy when he hung up. He may have lost his job by now and is
probably going to the nearest terrorist recruiting office.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2015 6:51 PM, micky wrote:
OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

He had me go to eventviewer, eventvwr. Then to applications. Boy, was
he right! I had loads of information lines and lots of warnings and
errors. Then he had me go to www.?????.me. I forget what the
questions marks were. I wasn't using this computer but the laptop, in
bed, and it was really slow..... When I couldn't get there, he sent me
to teamviewer.com.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes. He got annoyed once
when he had to keep repeating the second letter in Team. I really
couldn't understand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

You sir, are a great humanitarian. Tied that scumbag up for near an
hour, you did.

Whenever possible I like to take the time to screw with them, especially
the telemarketers. If I can keep them on the line for ten minutes or so
by taking other calls and putting them on hold, it's a real joy when I
blow them off. Even I have learned some new words!

Had a scammer try to work his magic when I had a riding mower for sale
on Craigslist. Same old "I'll buy it and have my shipper pick it up
when he comes through in three weeks." Actually convinced him to send
me the money order/cashier's check TWICE but the only address he had was
the Post Office and I told him to send it certified mail. Dumbbell kept
sending it by Federal Express (He legitimately sent it as there was no
mistaking the Fedex emails and calls.) I just told him there was no way
to have FEDEX deliver it so he'd have to send it to the PO Box via USPS.
Two times he used FEDEX so I figure I got into him for at least $35
before he gave up. Shoot! I really wanted one of those phony cashier's
checks or money orders for my collection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems

[snip]

stand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

The same guy probably called me too. English was definitely not his
native language. It took him a while to explain to me what the "ctrl"
key was. I kept asking if this had anything to do with gun control but
he didn't understand that. At the end of our conversation he did
understand what "**** you" meant.

LOL and I'll bet his name was "Kelly" too, wasn't it? g

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

As senior citizens, with senior citizen voices, our favorite response to
telemarketers is, "we're sorry but we're not permitted to answer these
calls." We laugh when we picture the head scratching that sentence must
cause (assuming that the caller understands English).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 7:33 AM, Peter wrote:
[...]

I asked one if his grandfather were alive and he said yes.
Then I told him that I was a grandfather and asked him if he would pull
this scam on his own grandfather.
****ing Indians.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes.

Congrats. The best I could do was 40 minutes. He stayed on while I
prayed and chanted over the computer, but hung up when I was going to
light the incense. Would have been a great ceremony.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems

[snip]

stand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

The same guy probably called me too. English was definitely not his
native language. It took him a while to explain to me what the "ctrl"
key was. I kept asking if this had anything to do with gun control but
he didn't understand that. At the end of our conversation he did
understand what "**** you" meant.

LOL and I'll bet his name was "Kelly" too, wasn't it? g

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes.

Congrats. The best I could do was 40 minutes. He stayed on while I
prayed and chanted over the computer, but hung up when I was going to
light the incense. Would have been a great ceremony.

Might add that I strung out one of these guys once and then told him I
was just wasting his time. He told me that as an old guy I did not have
a lot of time left to waste.

He was right.

Now I just curse and hang up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 7:33 AM, Peter wrote:

As senior citizens, with senior citizen voices, our favorite response to
telemarketers is, "we're sorry but we're not permitted to answer these
calls." We laugh when we picture the head scratching that sentence must
cause (assuming that the caller understands English).

That sounds like great wisdom. I also try to keep
callers on the line as best possible.

Some day I'm going to put a #1 beep on my answering
machine message, and home to lots of people wondering
if there is anyone there.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Might add that I strung out one of these guys once and then told him I
was just wasting his time. He told me that as an old guy I did not have
a lot of time left to waste.

He was right.

Now I just curse and hang up.

That reminds me of a story about baseball spring training. A
pitcher was taking his sweet time between pitches. A little old lady
hollered "Please, Mr. Pitcher, hurry up, some of us don't have that much
time left".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-03-28, micky wrote:

He almost yelled at me.

I recently yelled/swore at one of the Indian support droids from my
ISP, then hung up. First time I lost it with support.

I was even nice when 22 Indian support droids failed to fix my ISP
problem, about 7 yrs ago. The first honkey from Idaho solved the
problem in 2 shakes.

I've done phone support, so understand the issues. But, some of these
ppl can barely speak English or simply do not have the brain power
gawd gave a peanut-butter sammy. I got one who apparently could not
understand the phrase, "The computer is already connected", when she
kept intructing me on how to connect my computer to the modem via a
CAT-5 cable. It was like that ol' "plugged-in" nonsense. "Is yer
computer plugged in?".

"NO!! I unplug it every night cuz I move to a different house, every
morning."

Yeah. We outsource support to India cuz Americans can't compete with
those technically superior geniuses from land of the smirking cow. As
if.....

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:33:43 -0400, Peter wrote:

[...]

I just ask "if you are getting messages from my computer, what kind
of computer do I have?, and what operating system is it running??- and
what is my email address???"

or "computer????? What's a computer?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living. Of the two, you are the real asshole. But I guess calling him a
****ing Indian makes you feel tough. You're not. You're just another rude
scumbag that doesn't have the intelegence or the grace to politely scrug
someone off the phone in a timely manner.

So sit around in your wheel chair collecting "dissability" and devote
yourself to trying to convince the people on a.h.r that "you be bad".

What do you say to that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes.

Did you charge him rental space in your head?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:
Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living. Of the two, you are the real asshole. But I guess calling him a
****ing Indian makes you feel tough. You're not. You're just another rude
scumbag that doesn't have the intelegence or the grace to politely scrug
someone off the phone in a timely manner.

So sit around in your wheel chair collecting "dissability" and devote
yourself to trying to convince the people on a.h.r that "you be bad".

What do you say to that?

Come on, Nitwit, this is the modern equivalent of someone sticking a gun
in your ribs and sticking you up. If you do what these "****ing
Indians" request they will steal everything on your computer including
credit cards.

Grow up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 9:16 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Frank wrote:

Might add that I strung out one of these guys once and then told him I
was just wasting his time. He told me that as an old guy I did not have
a lot of time left to waste.

He was right.

Now I just curse and hang up.

That reminds me of a story about baseball spring training. A
pitcher was taking his sweet time between pitches. A little old lady
hollered "Please, Mr. Pitcher, hurry up, some of us don't have that much
time left".

I've got friends that say they are almost to the, "I don't buy green
bananas" stage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, wasting the time of the grunt on the phone is no fun....
It is much more rewarding to screw with the people that hired them.

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:
Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living.

Scamming people is making an honest living? The subject says Microsoft,
but these scammers are far from employees of MA. These are not guys
selling storm windows, they are thieves.

I do hope what you wrote is tongue in cheek. If so, good job, If not,
you are a ****ing idiot. Do you invite burglars into your home too?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Mar 2015 20:28:49 GMT, Zak W wrote:

Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living.

The only problem with your answer is it is in NO WAY an "honest
living" pretending to be from Microsoft, when they are not. They are
scamming crooks, or working for scamming crooks - knowingly.

Of the two, you are the real asshole. But I guess calling him a
****ing Indian makes you feel tough. You're not. You're just another rude
scumbag that doesn't have the intelegence or the grace to politely scrug
someone off the phone in a timely manner.

So sit around in your wheel chair collecting "dissability" and devote
yourself to trying to convince the people on a.h.r that "you be bad".

What do you say to that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-03-29, Zak W wrote:

What do you say to that?

It's obvious you have not spent much time on the line with support
from India, regardless of what service you are calling about. I gets
extremely frustrating having to tell the support ppl how to do their
job. Twenty plus support droids can be --and usually are-- wrong.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-03-29, Zak W wrote:

What do you say to that?

It's obvious you have not spent much time on the line with support
from India, regardless of what service you are calling about. I gets
extremely frustrating having to tell the support ppl how to do their
job. Twenty plus support droids can be --and usually are-- wrong.

nb

The best way to spend your time with the support droids from India is
to convince them to pass you on to second level support. Rather than
spending 3 hours working with first level, spend an hour getting
through to second level, and solve the problem in 10 minutes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 5:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:
Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an
honest
living.

Scamming people is making an honest living? The subject says Microsoft,
but these scammers are far from employees of MA. These are not guys
selling storm windows, they are thieves.

I do hope what you wrote is tongue in cheek. If so, good job, If not,
you are a ****ing idiot. Do you invite burglars into your home too?

Could be tongue in cheek or trying to just pull my chain to see how I react.

Does not take a lot of intelligence to discriminate between tech
support, telemarketers and scammers.

Tech support, I don't care foreign or domestic, I will be civil with.
I have Indian friends and like Indian people.

Telemarketers are a different story and will get a hang up and possible
curse. I'm on the do not call lists. Telemarketers from charities
which are allowed to call you just get a hang-up from me although those
calling for police charities will get a "**** the police" and a hang-up.

Scammers get my scorn. If a racial slur enrages them, so much the
better. My all time fav was the time I told one I could not understand
him and asked if there was a white person I could talk to. My phone
line still shows the scorch marks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-03-29, Stormin Mormon wrote:
That sounds like great wisdom. I also try to keep
callers on the line as best possible.

I have virtual machines set up for those morons to rummage around in. If
in the mood for a really good time (and they're using Teamviewer) I let
them have a go at a Linux virtual machine. Then I have an expired company
credit card from a defunct former employer to "pay" the scammers with.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 7:08 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/29/2015 5:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:
Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.

[snip]

Telemarketers are a different story and will get a hang up and possible
curse. I'm on the do not call lists. Telemarketers from charities
which are allowed to call you just get a hang-up from me although those
calling for police charities will get a "**** the police" and a hang-up.

Amen... in a former life I WAS the policeg When I got these calls
from the FOP, etc. it was always a 3rd party that was scamming everyone,
the police and the public. Police organizations MIGHT get 15% of what
was collected. The solicitors would say whatever they thought it took
to get somebody to open their wallets. Had one call me shortly after I
retired claiming to actually BE an officer from my old department. As
soon as I started asking questions of him he hung up. A**hole!

One department got fed up with the shenanigans after warning their
solicitors to stay on the right side and not screw around. They caught
them with their bullsh*t, took it to the prosecutor and charged the guy
with a felony and it stuck. Impersonating a police officer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:
OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

He had me go to eventviewer, eventvwr. Then to applications. Boy, was
he right! I had loads of information lines and lots of warnings and
errors. Then he had me go to www.?????.me. I forget what the
questions marks were. I wasn't using this computer but the laptop, in
bed, and it was really slow..... When I couldn't get there, he sent me
to teamviewer.com.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes. He got annoyed once
when he had to keep repeating the second letter in Team. I really
couldn't understand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

While you babes in the woods were keeping him on the line and going to
the sites he told you, he was in all probability stealing all the data
you thought was confidential. Let me guess, his program also prevented
you from leaving the page, and when you unplug and replicate your
surfing, he will surface again. Have fun repairing the damage you
helped him cause.

The site they came at me from was windowscareforall.com. The way to
defeat them is to put that site on the blacklist in your security
program, so your browser won't load his site.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 4:05:49 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:

Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living.

Come on, Nitwit, this is the modern equivalent of someone sticking a gun
in your ribs and sticking you up. If you do what these "****ing
Indians" request they will steal everything on your computer including
credit cards.

Grow up.

High five!!! I can't believe this Zak person thinks these are legitimate calls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2015 9:45 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
The same guy probably called me too. English was definitely not his
native language. It took him a while to explain to me what the "ctrl"
key was. I kept asking if this had anything to do with gun control but
he didn't understand that. At the end of our conversation he did
understand what "**** you" meant.

He was unhappy when he hung up. He may have lost his job by now and is
probably going to the nearest terrorist recruiting office.

Cyber vandalism is a new form of terrorism. And
the joke about calling suidice prevention, they
asked if he could drive a truck.

Thanks for keeping the guy busy. In 1999, I got
deluged by callers offering my Y2K protection for
my C drive. I had an old Xerox 860 which had A and
B drives, but no C.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2015 7:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/28/2015 9:45 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

[snip]

Cyber vandalism is a new form of terrorism. And
the joke about calling suidice prevention, they
asked if he could drive a truck.

Thanks for keeping the guy busy. In 1999, I got
deluged by callers offering my Y2K protection for
my C drive. I had an old Xerox 860 which had A and
B drives, but no C.

Your loss! Had you told them that, I'm sure they would have provided
you with adequate protection for the two drives you had (slight
upcharge, of course, for your unusual configuration)

Did you make it through the Y2K transition okay?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2015 7:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for keeping the guy busy. In 1999, I got
deluged by callers offering my Y2K protection for
my C drive. I had an old Xerox 860 which had A and
B drives, but no C.

Your loss! Had you told them that, I'm sure they would have provided
you with adequate protection for the two drives you had (slight
upcharge, of course, for your unusual configuration)

Did you make it through the Y2K transition okay?

I'm sure you are right, about the A and B drive
protection. I was such a fool.

My prediction back then was about a week of glitches.
I never believed elevators would get stuck, planes
would not fall out of the sky.

As with all New Years Eve, I was home by 8 PM, backed
the vehicle as far as I could away from the road, and
hunkered down in bed about 10. I got up the next morning,
and all systems had failed. Eyes, teeth, hair, hearing,
bowel, kidneys, arthritic joints, cardiac. I had to
reboot to an earlier age.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 9:35:03 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got up the next morning,
and all systems had failed. Eyes, teeth, hair, hearing,
bowel, kidneys, arthritic joints, cardiac. I had to
reboot to an earlier age.

You just need a boot in your ass to jar the ganglion...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:

Frank "frank wrote in :

They are calling from India.
One got mad at me and called back asking me why I had said, "****ing
Indians" when I had hung up on him.

Can't blame him Frank. What you did was entirely uncalled for. We find
their line of work objectionable but they are just trying to make an honest
living.

Come on, Nitwit, this is the modern equivalent of someone sticking a gun
in your ribs and sticking you up. If you do what these "****ing
Indians" request they will steal everything on your computer including
credit cards.

Grow up.

High five!!! I can't believe this Zak person thinks these are legitimate calls.

He only cares about upsetting other posters.
Yes, a classic troll.

Very sad.

Fortunately, the classic solution works.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/30/2015 09:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

planes would not fall out of the sky.

At the time, there was a section of code in every plane's control
computer. That would check the calendar every second. If the year was
read as 1900, the computer would decide it's time to crash now. It would
shut down the engines, lock the pilot's controls, and crash (apparently
while playing "see you later, alligator").

That failed, because the programmer involved typed 0 where he should
have typed o, and no one discovered the error in time.

He could have been the one who wrote '19' on all the checks.

[snip]

--
"Why has a religious turn of mind always a tendency to narrow and harden
the heart?" -- Robert Burns
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:45:47 -0500, hah
wrote:

That failed, because the programmer involved typed 0 where he should
have typed o, and no one discovered the error in time.

Computer coding is similar to women. Miss one period and they go
haywire on you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
ItsJoanNotJoann writes:

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 4:05:49 PM UTC-5, Frank
wrote:

On 3/29/2015 4:28 PM, Zak W wrote:

Frank "frank wrote in
:

[...]