Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default OT Microsoft callled.

On 3/28/2015 6:51 PM, micky wrote:
OT I got a call from Microsoft yesterday. He said I had problems
with my computer, and he was going to help me. I thanked him.

He had me go to eventviewer, eventvwr. Then to applications. Boy, was
he right! I had loads of information lines and lots of warnings and
errors. Then he had me go to www.?????.me. I forget what the
questions marks were. I wasn't using this computer but the laptop, in
bed, and it was really slow..... When I couldn't get there, he sent me
to teamviewer.com.

Anyhow, I kept him on the phone for 53 minutes. He got annoyed once
when he had to keep repeating the second letter in Team. I really
couldn't understand him or guess what it was. He almost yelled at me.

Later, I mentioned food, and he hung up, I guess. Maybe he doesn't
like food. I hope he calls back. I have to get rid of those errors.

You sir, are a great humanitarian. Tied that scumbag up for near an
hour, you did.

Whenever possible I like to take the time to screw with them, especially
the telemarketers. If I can keep them on the line for ten minutes or so
by taking other calls and putting them on hold, it's a real joy when I
blow them off. Even I have learned some new words!

Had a scammer try to work his magic when I had a riding mower for sale
on Craigslist. Same old "I'll buy it and have my shipper pick it up
when he comes through in three weeks." Actually convinced him to send
me the money order/cashier's check TWICE but the only address he had was
the Post Office and I told him to send it certified mail. Dumbbell kept
sending it by Federal Express (He legitimately sent it as there was no
mistaking the Fedex emails and calls.) I just told him there was no way
to have FEDEX deliver it so he'd have to send it to the PO Box via USPS.
Two times he used FEDEX so I figure I got into him for at least $35
before he gave up. Shoot! I really wanted one of those phony cashier's
checks or money orders for my collection.