Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Microsoft callled.

On 3/30/2015 7:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for keeping the guy busy. In 1999, I got
deluged by callers offering my Y2K protection for
my C drive. I had an old Xerox 860 which had A and
B drives, but no C.

Your loss! Had you told them that, I'm sure they would have provided
you with adequate protection for the two drives you had (slight
upcharge, of course, for your unusual configuration)

Did you make it through the Y2K transition okay?

I'm sure you are right, about the A and B drive
protection. I was such a fool.

My prediction back then was about a week of glitches.
I never believed elevators would get stuck, planes
would not fall out of the sky.

As with all New Years Eve, I was home by 8 PM, backed
the vehicle as far as I could away from the road, and
hunkered down in bed about 10. I got up the next morning,
and all systems had failed. Eyes, teeth, hair, hearing,
bowel, kidneys, arthritic joints, cardiac. I had to
reboot to an earlier age.

-
..
Christopher A. Young