Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default OT Microsoft callled.

wrote in :

The best way to spend your time with the support droids from India is
to convince them to pass you on to second level support. Rather than
spending 3 hours working with first level, spend an hour getting
through to second level, and solve the problem in 10 minutes.

I once had a problem with Sprint -- forget what it was, but I remember that I spent a *lot* of time
on multiple phone calls with their first-level support _in the US_ without getting the problem
resolved.

Called back, pressed '2' for Spanish. Spanish-speaking rep answered. I said, "Habla
Ingles?" He did. Turned out that (1) he was in Chile, (2) he spoke better English than some of
the Americans I'd been talking to before, and (3) he got the problem taken care of in only a few
minutes.