Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 11, 12:46*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:27 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...rks-and-demons...

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Wall-Street-pr...

Ummm, yes, really. Read my report.

BTW, how old are you exactly? I find it difficult to believe that you
can see those pictures of people's camping stuff under some blue poly
tarps, and the piles of "refuse" that are clearly labeled bags of
personal property. They're in a park, remember? Fer crissakes - you
can see someone's feet sticking out of one of those "piles of trash"!
Maybe you should get your prescription checked if you can't separate
what you see from what you read.

George Orwell wrote a book about people like you, that believe
whatever is fed to them. In some ways I envy you. Seriously. It
must make things so much easier if everything is seen in black and
white. Me? I see a whole lot of shades of gray.

That was one thing I left out of my report. One person said that they
followed reporter's around to see who they pulled out of the crowd to
interview. Guess what? They were going for the fringe element. Gee,
what a surprise.

As far as the guy crapping on the police car - who knows what his
story is. He could be homeless or he could be a guy in the park that
has a bizarre way of making a statement. I'm surprised he didn't get
a nightstick beating for that one. The cops were all over the place -
every forty feet or so, and in some places, in groups of two or
three. All of them idle.

I was there, you weren't. The people in the park are taking care of
things themselves and seem pretty well organized. There is no central
hierarchy as it's not a planned military operation. Of course it
would take some time to figure out the logistics. Who knows what will
happen when it turns cold, or if the city decides they have to get
them out. It could just fade away with only a few diehards left, or
it could go South pretty quickly.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I have no idea what they're
fighting about - yet. I do know that there's a lot of disinformation
being spread. I do know that there a lot of ****ed off people out
there, and from your constant bitching and moaning, you're one of
them. Join the club.

Sensationalist pictures and stories sell newspapers and keep people
watching the tube. Reporters are not sent out to bring back a boring
story, and that's not how they get known as a rising star. The media
is jerking you around as surely as you're doing it to yourself with
your unshakable "knowledge" of something you haven't witnessed. It's
okay, jerk away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 6:01*pm, "Robert Green" wrote:

Dang. *For the first time in perhaps 10 years, Google is broken!
Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
If the problem persists, please mail and mention this error
message and the query that caused it. *(I was searching for aggrieved to
make sure I wasn't violating Green's law because it just looks wrong to me.)
(-: *Oddly enough, using the word "test" works. *WTF?

That happens once in a while to me. Refreshing the page always had
taken care of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:45:55 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

"that were illiterate"??????

I said that owed me a new keyboard. My '' doesn't work anymore.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 6:51*pm, BobR wrote:
On Oct 11, 12:26*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, " wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! *You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at some
point in the future. *But it's not surprising that you hold such an
opinion of your powers.

You will see exactly what you want to see. *If you are honest then you
will see the truth but most people are not honest, they are biased and
they will see the side that they want to see and ignore everything
else.

Early on I found that expectations ruined a lot of things, so I try
not to have too many of them. I try to stay open and take it as it
comes. I have my opinions, but I am aware of my biases and try not to
let them shrink my world down to a reflex reaction.

As far as seeing exactly what I want(ed) to see - I had no
expectations. I don't watch TV news and hadn't seen anything about
the people in the park. Most of my news comes from Google's nifty
"and xxx stories like it" link. If I'm interested in something, I
don't just read one article, and not just from one country. There's
no such thing as perfect information, and all reporting has its
biases, but getting information from a lot of disparate places helps
cancel out the noise.

Did you read my post about what I saw? Do you feel it's biased or
fairly straightforward without projecting a prejudice? Granted, I was
only there for an hour, so I suppose that the people in the park could
have turned into unruly wildebeests and started attacking people, but
at least for the time I was there, they were pretty much just a crowd
of people like you'd see at any street fair. If you didn't read the
signs, you would have figured you stumbled onto one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
harry wrote:

I am omniscient compared with American retards. Did I not predict the
failure of the Iraq war a few of years back?

Gee Harry, I chastised Chet for his insulting style. Now it's your turn.
Insulting people won't make them see the truth, it will only harden their
opposition. "Retards" is offensive in many dimensions. Why not try taking
the high road? I realize you're the butt of many a joke, but you do tend to
invite them. It makes it hard to agree with you, even when you're right.
You may have noticed such a fall-off if you're paying attention.

Giggle. The world has proved the opposite of your prediction.

OMG! Heybubbing Alert! WHAT!!??? Do *you* think that Iraq was a success?
By what measures? We won two entire world wars in far less time, one
against two enemies at once. Is Al-Qaeda tougher than Tojo and Hitler
combined that it's taking so long with so few victories?

The likelihood is that all the people who helped us as translators and such
in Iraqi will be killed with power drills and hammers once we leave because
we can't even stop their murders with a full military occupation force. Our
mission was to find WMD's and we did not. We failed to accomplish the one
single goal on which the whole disaster was founded upon. That's not a win
in any military sense that I know about.

Not only did we fail in that goal, we've failed in a number of other
dimensions. We wasted ENORMOUS amounts of our tax dollars helping Muslims.
That's an odd thing to do considering what their fanatics did to us on 9/11,
don't you think? Why are we building THEM new dams, power plants and
schools when our own people go without? If that's winning, what does losing
look like?

"The official Commission on Wartime contracting released a comprehensive
report on the ways 200,000 contractors--an unprecedented number--have been
used in Iraq and Afghanistan, and found that tens of billions of dollars
have been wasted. "Criminal behavior and blatant corruption sap dollars from
what could otherwise be successful project outcomes and, more disturbingly,
contribute to a climate in which huge amounts of waste are accepted as the
norm," said this early version"

source: http://mit.edu/humancostiraq/

There's a mountain of evidence that says we haven't changed the lives of
Iraqis for the better. Their access to electricity and clean water has yet
to match the levels available before we invaded. No matter what the claims
of hawks, the average Iraqi was MUCH better off under Saddam. Sectarian
violence was close to non-existent and the country had a functioning
infrastructure which although crippled by sanctions, has yet to be restored.
Colin Powell said it best to Bush: "You break it, you OWN it." And we broke
it, good. Now, we're stuck paying for a broken down pseudo-democratic state
that will likely go back to sectarian warfare once our payments to the
militias stop.

For the official report see:

http://www.wartimecontracting.gov/do...rt2-lowres.pdf

and

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL31339.pdf

Think of how worked up WE got when Saudi Arabian terrorists brought down the
WTC and killed 3,000 people, many of them Americans. We went ballistic and
many Americans remain that way, especially folks like "my Daddy never loved
me so I curse at everyone" Chet aka Trader. They are still revenge-driven
to kill even MORE people than we already have to avenge 9/11.

What stuns me is how so many people are unable to fathom that our killing
100,000 or more (some say way, way more) innocent Iraqis after we invaded
could create 100's of thousands of relatives bent on revenge. We've spent
four trillion dollars pursuing revenge, sending thousand more soldiers than
Americans were killed to their deaths. That's very bad math. What makes
any sane person believe that the Iraqis will just "forgive and forget?" In
the article that Higgs posted, the Iraqi attitude is clear: "You killed my
son and you give me this tree?" Does anyone know an Armenian? They STILL
despise (quite viciously) the Turks for events that occurred nearly 100
years ago. They make Chet look like the original flower child their hatred
is still so intense.

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/young_turks.html

We've done exactly what most Americans (except the defense contractors)
didn't want to do: we've guaranteed the continued existence of terror for
decades to come. We not only failed to quell terrorism, we've nurtured an
entire new generation of people filled with hatred for America for punishing
them for what mostly Saudi Arabians (but no Iraqis) did on 9/11. Heckuva a
job, Bush. The worst part? The big con job that's going on where the party
that pushed for those bankrupting wars wants to throw the blame somewhere
else for our fiscal woes. On teachers. On unions. On students that can't
find jobs. On poor people. I don't think it's going to fly anymore.
People are realizing what party pushed hard for the wars that have emptied
our treasury.

The Republicans *almost* got away with passing the buck, but as they so
often do, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Like Newt, they
pushed too hard, believing a small majority constitutes an absolute mandate.
When it comes time to face a Muslim country that really does have WMD's,
we'll either be too broke or too tired of war to do anything about it. The
sorry tale of the boy who cried wolf. That's why a lot of military and
civilian DoD types are quietly saying that we're worse off, militarily, for
having fought these two wars. Many believe that the big cuts being proposed
are aimed at the forces that fight *credible* enemies that can wage
relentless, devastating war on us. Not just the occasional spectacular
terrorist attack.

China has reached military buildup goals *years* ahead of schedule. Taiwan
is building anti-ship supersonic cruise missiles of their own now that we've
banned the sale of the F16 C/D's. Lots of missiles to counter the new
Chinese aircraft carriers that they have now but DoD thought were ten years
out.

When last this was discussed, someone noted (I think it was you, Heyb) that
we would not be likely to attack a country that has so much US investment in
it. So I started researching and found that's not only not true, the
reverse is true. We have often entered countries we had heavy investments
in to PROTECT those investments. Having factories, plantations, oil wells
or mines in other countries LEADS to conflict, especially when the leaders
of those countries talk of nationalization of foreign investments or leaning
toward trade with our many enemies.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I read your report. Very interesting. Now you begin to realise what
crap we have been fed for years on the media.
Especially about places far far away.

This is why you need to travel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...rks-and-demons...

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Street-pr...- Hide quoted text -

You should know that the Daily Mail is not renowned for journalistic
accuracy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 3:47*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 11, "Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

Yep, as I expected the Laura Ingraham report is total bull****. *The
idea that people that value the environment would let the filth
accumulate pegged the BS meter at 11. *These are the people that would
crap in a plastic bag and compost it, so I knew that we were being fed
more disinformation. *So I went, and here's what I saw.

Not much. *There was no buildup of filth, there was no disruption of
any kind. *There was a bigger pile of trash outside a pizza place a
few blocks away, and even that was neatly bagged and placed at the
curb.

You can see that they've set up a recycling station, and the young
woman in the photo was sorting and bundling. *There's a large
recycling container in the picture. *She said that they've organized a
private pickup of the refuse and recycling.

A lot of the cardboard was used for making signs by some of the
people, and it looked like some of the more entrepreneurial people in
the park appeared to be using the cardboard to make art for sale.

The woman in the photo told me that they were using the bathrooms in
the local places, and there had been talk about getting some
composting toilets, but there was also talk about raising money to pay
some of those same local places for using their restrooms.

You can see in another photo that they have cleaning supplies and a
sign that they were cleaning up Wall Street - the subway station.

There were literally hundreds if not thousands of signs. *Some were
silly, "Glen Beck is a **** stain" and others were more on target, as
seen in the photo of the Thomas Jefferson quote sign, and in another
picture, "The first time I served my country I was a paratrooper.
This time I am a revolutionary."

The people were of course well represented by the young, but there
were quite a few middle aged people and some older people, too. *Photo
of the guy wearing the Vietnam Vet cap.

About a quarter of the people were spectators, but not idle
spectators. *They were talking to the people in the park, and going
around photographing them.

The cops were just standing there. *I talked to a couple. *One about a
nifty elevated observation post that's on a trailer. *A cross between
a scissor lift and a cherry picker, with an enclosed ~6' square room
that could get up about 30'. *It had surveillance cameras on all sides
and a weather station on top. *I want one.

Your average NY parade is far rowdier than the crowd in that park, and
there was nothing anywhere near the stuff that goes on at a St.
Patrick's Day parade, Halloween parade or anything of that sort. *No
rowdiness, no raised voices, no sense of anything out of the
ordinary. *It felt like a street fair. *There was some drumming going
on, but a cop said that the people in the park stopped drumming at 11
PM.

There was a 'library' set up with a slew of books. *I did not get
close enough to see what the books were about. *Most of the people
holding signs were on the avenue, and those people were holding signs
that had a wide variety of messages. *It wasn't clear if people were
taking turns holding signs, if those people were just trying to get on
camera, or what.

The people in the center of the park had set up camp and had the usual
camping stuff, but I did not see any tents. *It just seemed to be
sleeping bags and blue poly tarps. *There was a 'kitchen' set up in
the middle of the park, and a bunch of people eating off of paper
plates. *There were also a lot of stainless food carts along the
southern street - everything from Smoothies to coffee to felafels and
a bunch more I didn't see up close.

http://img189.imageshack.us/slidesho...mg4378copy.jpg

You might find this interesting.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09...pation_emails/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 4:10*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 12:46*pm, "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Wall-Street-Sh.......

[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

Different report here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica?blend=7&ob=5
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. I'll just
tell you what I see. Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-demonstration

Really?

Yes really, anyone say such as you and harry who depend on snippets fed
to you by the media need to get out and look around once in a while. I
was there in NYC last Wednesday and I saw what Rico described.

If you have ever been to any event of any scale that has media coverage
the first thing you will notice is that the media homes in on the
0.0001% of goofballs. So if someone with a mowhawk haircut was urinating
in someones shrubbery that would be featured on every report for the
next day as if *everyone* were doing the same thing. Normal people would
not even be shown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...OLICE-CAR.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...drugs-tap.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2011 11:22 PM, RicodJour wrote:
wrote:

I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at some
point in the future. But it's not surprising that you hold such an
opinion of your powers.

You will see exactly what you want to see. If you are honest then you
will see the truth but most people are not honest, they are biased and
they will see the side that they want to see and ignore everything
else.

Early on I found that expectations ruined a lot of things, so I try
not to have too many of them. I try to stay open and take it as it
comes. I have my opinions, but I am aware of my biases and try not to
let them shrink my world down to a reflex reaction.

Same here. We ended up there by accident. We were looking for a fish
taco place we heard about and without even thinking about the activities
down there walked right into it.

I thought your observations were accurate and unbiased.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation. Their Demands (13 of them)

That's something I hadn't known. Germans drink more than
Italians? Wow! Thanks for the head up.

I'm sure glad I'm on first name basis with all the important
prophets. Moses was just telling me how neat he thought GPS
was, and how even his wife could cross the desert in less
than 40 years.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" wrote in message
countries can be a bit extreme. As to the hard working
Germans propping up the alcohol guzzling Italians. A few
years, and then the Germans will declare "Nein! Halt!" and
the free ride will come to a stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ol_consumption

Refusing to see your bias is an intellectual and moral
failing.
Luckily you're on a first name basis with Jesus and the
other
prophets, so you'll probably skate. It's still a failing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the honest field report. Did you take those 12
pictures? What a crowd! I would expect the local business
are having a "run" on toilet paper, with that many people
there.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:10:47 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Most likely older than you. No, I won't bother to read your report. I get
enough of you lies here.

snipped more drooling leftist nonsense
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:39:42 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...rks-and-demons...

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Street-pr...- Hide quoted text -

You should know that the Daily Mail is not renowned for journalistic
accuracy.

Are you saying that the pictures are PhotoShopped? ...just one of hundreds of
such reports. Of course you wouldn't understand the facts, either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 9:26*am, "
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:10:47 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

BTW, how old are you exactly? *I find it difficult to believe that you
can see those pictures of people's camping stuff under some blue poly
tarps, and the piles of "refuse" that are clearly labeled bags of
personal property. *They're in a park, remember? *Fer crissakes - you
can see someone's feet sticking out of one of those "piles of trash"!
Maybe you should get your prescription checked if you can't separate
what you see from what you read.

Most likely older than you. *No, I won't bother to read your report. *I get
enough of you lies here.

Yep, just keep those eyes firmly clamped shut and the boogeymen won't
get you. Excellent plan.

You're definitely older than me, and not necessarily chronologically.
Mental rigor mortis has already set in with you. Everyone's
infringing on your freedom, everyone but you lies, all politicians
suck, and horror of horrors they will be changing some tablesaw
regulations! Why do you want to keep on living if life sucks so bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 9:07 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Thanks for the honest field report. Did you take those 12
pictures? What a crowd! I would expect the local business
are having a "run" on toilet paper, with that many people
there.

Yep, I took the pictures on my phone - sorry they kind of suck. I
think I might take a swing back that way at night and see how the vibe
changes. I wouldn't want to be the person that uses one of those
local business' toilets after a thousand people already used it that
day. Bleeech!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:42:52 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 12, 9:26*am, "
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:10:47 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

BTW, how old are you exactly? *I find it difficult to believe that you
can see those pictures of people's camping stuff under some blue poly
tarps, and the piles of "refuse" that are clearly labeled bags of
personal property. *They're in a park, remember? *Fer crissakes - you
can see someone's feet sticking out of one of those "piles of trash"!
Maybe you should get your prescription checked if you can't separate
what you see from what you read.

Most likely older than you. *No, I won't bother to read your report. *I get
enough of you lies here.

Yep, just keep those eyes firmly clamped shut and the boogeymen won't
get you. Excellent plan.

YOU think you can enlighten me? HAhahahahah! That's truly funny.

You're definitely older than me, and not necessarily chronologically.
Mental rigor mortis has already set in with you. Everyone's
infringing on your freedom, everyone but you lies, all politicians
suck, and horror of horrors they will be changing some tablesaw
regulations! Why do you want to keep on living if life sucks so bad?

Frappin' clueless. (no surprise)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 6:51 pm, *wrote:

You will see exactly what you want to see. *If you are honest then you
will see the truth but most people are not honest, they are biased and
they will see the side that they want to see and ignore everything
else.

Early on I found that expectations ruined a lot of things, so I try
not to have too many of them. *I try to stay open and take it as it
comes. *I have my opinions, but I am aware of my biases and try not to
let them shrink my world down to a reflex reaction.

Same here. We ended up there by accident. We were looking for a fish
taco place we heard about and without even thinking about the activities
down there walked right into it.

Okay, that's the second time you've mentioned the fish tacos. Provide
said establishment's name and location forthwith!

I thought your observations were accurate and unbiased.

Thanks. I do have a bias against bias, and don't mind popping a
balloon or two to point it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote in news:14eaca73-8bf4-4b84-8cdd-
:

On Oct 7, 12:18*pm, Frank wrote:
On 10/7/2011 2:00 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Oct 7, 9:43 am, "__ Bøb *wrote:
I think its great, and great that the unions are joining in.
Just strengthens the working man's crowd that will vote Obama and
socialism out.

The unions aren't "joining in" ... they started it all.

--
"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist you'll
have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not stupid!"

Conspiracy theory du jour.

HB

Think this describes you and the protesters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Why throw me into the same garbage can where you just tossed the
protestors? You don't know anything about how I feel about the
protestors. You also don't know whether I voted for Obama, and if so,
why. It's silly to speculate that people voted for him to prove they
are not racists.

Speculate may ass. They openly admit it. You can't believe how f'n stupid
bleeding hearts are. You can't. You have no personal exposure to it.

That's a projection out of your limited mind.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, " wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 12, 9:26 am, "
wrote:

Most likely older than you. No, I won't bother to read your report. I get
enough of you lies here.

Yep, just keep those eyes firmly clamped shut and the boogeymen won't
get you. Excellent plan.

YOU think you can enlighten me? HAhahahahah! That's truly funny.

Enlightenment does not come from the outside. Keep up your boogeyman
mantra.

Cowardly Lion: I *do* believe in spooks, I *do* believe in spooks. I
do, I do, I do, I *do* believe in spooks, I *do* believe in spooks, I
do, I do, I do, I *do*!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 11:56*am, Red Green wrote:

Speculate may ass. They openly admit it. You can't believe how f'n stupid
bleeding hearts are. You can't. You have no personal exposure to it.

Merely asking a question, but would you prefer a bleeding heart to
someone without one at all?

Another thing - please do not ask people to speculate about May's
ass. It's unseemly and she doesn't like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote in
:

On Oct 12, 11:56*am, Red Green wrote:

Speculate may ass. They openly admit it. You can't believe how f'n
stupid bleeding hearts are. You can't. You have no personal exposure
to it.

Merely asking a question, but would you prefer a bleeding heart to
someone without one at all?

Both will do stupid irresponsible crap. I guess both have purpose...
opposite ends of the bell curve need to be occupied so the middle looks
good.

Another thing - please do not ask people to speculate about May's
ass. It's unseemly and she doesn't like it.

Must be genetic. My old man was always telling people to bet their ass on
stuff. "You bet chur ass this" and "You bet chur ass that."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 2:22 am, harry wrote:

I read your report. Very interesting. Now you begin to realise what
crap we have been fed for years on the media.
Especially about places far far away.

Yes, and you don't even realize that you frequently regurgitate that
same crap, and take pleasure in doing it in an obnoxious way,
guaranteed to have people automatically tune you out. Try a Dale
Carnegie book.

This is why you need to travel.

I've been in - wait, let me count...ten countries within the last four
years. And I don't live in Europe, and only two were in Europe, home
of "drive 100 miles and visit another country."

As usual, you're preaching about something you don't know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 9:04*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's something I hadn't known. Germans drink more than
Italians? Wow! Thanks for the head up.

http://www.bestworldcupvideos.com/wp...ktoberfest.jpg
That lass brings offers you some beer, and you're going to say no,
you're not thirsty? BS meter = 11

No, what every not-dead-yet man would do is pound back the beer and
hope she comes back really soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 12:26 pm, Red Green wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

Merely asking a question, but would you prefer a bleeding heart to
someone without one at all?

Both will do stupid irresponsible crap. I guess both have purpose...
opposite ends of the bell curve need to be occupied so the middle looks
good.

....from the middle's perspective, you mean. Yes, it does take all
types. But there's a special place reserved in hell for an idiot who
comments on someone's injuries with, "Life is dangerous." Right?

Compassion doesn't cost, it pays.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Most likely older than you. No, I won't bother to read your report. I get
enough of you lies here.

Yep, just keep those eyes firmly clamped shut and the boogeymen won't
get you. Excellent plan.

YOU think you can enlighten me? HAhahahahah! That's truly funny.

Enlightenment does not come from the outside. Keep up your boogeyman
mantra.

It certainly couldn't come from you. No point in reading your long screeds;
no content.

Cowardly Lion: I *do* believe in spooks, I *do* believe in spooks. I
do, I do, I do, I *do* believe in spooks, I *do* believe in spooks, I
do, I do, I do, I *do*!

You're one crazy ****tard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That's something I hadn't known. Germans drink more than
Italians? Wow! Thanks for the head up.

http://www.bestworldcupvideos.com/wp...ktoberfest.jpg
That lass brings offers you some beer, and you're going to say no,
you're not thirsty? BS meter = 11

No, what every not-dead-yet man would do is pound back the beer and
hope she comes back really soon.

I went to Octoberfest in Munich '71.

People dancing on the tables, under the tables and drunk as a coot :-/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2011 7:27 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Oct 10, 7:22 pm, "Ed wrote:
"Percival P. wrote in ...

On 10/10/11 03:31 pm, aemeijers wrote:

I go to the dentist for free. I have all my teeth. Have you?

You may not pay directly, but it certainly is not free.

NOTHING is free. Somebody somewhere has to pay.

I am sure that everybody realizes that there is a cost -- but the cost is
spread over the whole community. Nobody in the UK (or in a multitude of
other nations) is bankrupted by doctors' or hospital bills.

Perce

I just came back from 16 days in Italy. I spent some time sipping Ouzo
with a University professor. He pays about 45% of his income in taxes, as
do most Italians. Socialism is not cheap.

"Most" Italians are experienced tax-evaders when they can get away
with it. But they pale before Greece, which is so corrupt that almost
nobody pays taxes. Everything is done by bribery. They lied their way
into the European Union. The paperwork was done by Goldman Sachs.
Now there's a good candidate for anti-Christ! How long will hard-
working Germany continue to prop up these goniffs?

HB

The older the civilization, the better the people are at getting over on
the government. Think Chinese. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

No worries about the quality. Better than my phone. I was
interested, at how tightly packed the people are. Fertile
grounds for pick pockets.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

Thanks for the honest field report. Did you take those 12
pictures? What a crowd! I would expect the local business
are having a "run" on toilet paper, with that many people
there.

Yep, I took the pictures on my phone - sorry they kind of
suck. I
think I might take a swing back that way at night and see
how the vibe
changes. I wouldn't want to be the person that uses one of
those
local business' toilets after a thousand people already used
it that
day. Bleeech!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd decline the beer. BTW, I'm more than half German, if you
look at my ancestry.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" wrote in message

http://www.bestworldcupvideos.com/wp...ktoberfest.jpg
That lass brings offers you some beer, and you're going to
say no,
you're not thirsty? BS meter = 11

No, what every not-dead-yet man would do is pound back the
beer and
hope she comes back really soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2011 8:44 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 8:53 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've heard that the official tax rates in socialist
countries can be a bit extreme. As to the hard working
Germans propping up the alcohol guzzling Italians. A few
years, and then the Germans will declare "Nein! Halt!" and
the free ride will come to a stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ol_consumption

Refusing to see your bias is an intellectual and moral failing.
Luckily you're on a first name basis with Jesus and the other
prophets, so you'll probably skate. It's still a failing.

I noticed the Muslim countries were at the bottom of the list. No wonder
they're angry all the time and want to keel you. Perhaps we
could get them all to put pot in their water pipes, it might calm
them down? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2011 12:35 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 12, 2:22 am, wrote:

I read your report. Very interesting. Now you begin to realise what
crap we have been fed for years on the media.
Especially about places far far away.

Yes, and you don't even realize that you frequently regurgitate that
same crap, and take pleasure in doing it in an obnoxious way,
guaranteed to have people automatically tune you out. Try a Dale
Carnegie book.

I think the same thing when he offers one of his pronouncements...

This is why you need to travel.

I've been in - wait, let me count...ten countries within the last four
years. And I don't live in Europe, and only two were in Europe, home
of "drive 100 miles and visit another country."

As usual, you're preaching about something you don't know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote:

I've heard that the official tax rates in socialist
countries can be a bit extreme. As to the hard working
Germans propping up the alcohol guzzling Italians. A few
years, and then the Germans will declare "Nein! Halt!" and
the free ride will come to a stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ol_consumption

Refusing to see your bias is an intellectual and moral failing.
Luckily you're on a first name basis with Jesus and the other
prophets, so you'll probably skate. *It's still a failing.

I noticed the Muslim countries were at the bottom of the list. No wonder
they're angry all the time and want to keel you. Perhaps we
could get them all to put pot in their water pipes, it might calm
them down? ^_^

TDD

Some (many?) of them already do. Look up "kif".

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 6:51 pm, wrote:

You will see exactly what you want to see. If you are honest then you
will see the truth but most people are not honest, they are biased and
they will see the side that they want to see and ignore everything
else.

Early on I found that expectations ruined a lot of things, so I try
not to have too many of them. I try to stay open and take it as it
comes. I have my opinions, but I am aware of my biases and try not to
let them shrink my world down to a reflex reaction.

Same here. We ended up there by accident. We were looking for a fish
taco place we heard about and without even thinking about the activities
down there walked right into it.

Okay, that's the second time you've mentioned the fish tacos. Provide
said establishment's name and location forthwith!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-nixtamalito-manhattan

Good fish tacos are hard to find on the right coast.

They get the tortillas from this gal out in Corona who has a tortilla
machine in the front of the restaurant (great little restaurant by the way):

http://www.tortillerianixtamal.com/

I thought your observations were accurate and unbiased.

Thanks. I do have a bias against bias, and don't mind popping a
balloon or two to point it out.

NYPD has one of those funky lift things you noted set up on Amsterdam
Ave just north of Columbia as Amsterdam heads down into Harlem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2011 12:26 PM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
:

On Oct 12, 11:56 am, Red wrote:

Speculate may ass. They openly admit it. You can't believe how f'n
stupid bleeding hearts are. You can't. You have no personal exposure
to it.

Merely asking a question, but would you prefer a bleeding heart to
someone without one at all?

Both will do stupid irresponsible crap. I guess both have purpose...
opposite ends of the bell curve need to be occupied so the middle looks
good.

Exactly, the bleeding hearts are balanced by the dittoheads. Then as you
noted the three sigma folks who have balance look good.

Another thing - please do not ask people to speculate about May's
ass. It's unseemly and she doesn't like it.

Must be genetic. My old man was always telling people to bet their ass on
stuff. "You bet chur ass this" and "You bet chur ass that."

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd sure like to try that. Maybe we can find some South
American countries to grow some paraquat mary jane, and we
can drop that on Iran. Label it UN Aid Package, or
something.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:28:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'd sure like to try that. Maybe we can find some South
American countries to grow some paraquat mary jane, and we
can drop that on Iran. Label it UN Aid Package, or
something.

As long as we're dropping something...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
No worries about the quality. Better than my phone. I was
interested, at how tightly packed the people are. Fertile
grounds for pick pockets.

Yuck!

I sure wouldn't put MY hand in one of THEIR pockets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 12, 11:56 am, Red Green wrote:

Speculate may ass. They openly admit it. You can't believe how f'n
stupid bleeding hearts are. You can't. You have no personal exposure
to it.

Merely asking a question, but would you prefer a bleeding heart to
someone without one at all?

Of course not. In the 13th Century, Maimonides tabulated the types of
charity. The most meritorious form, in his mind, was to loan a deserving
person sufficient money for that person to start his own business.

We see the equivalent of that in the "micro-loan" theme in many developing
countries. It seems to be working well.