Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 11, 12:46*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:27 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...rks-and-demons...

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Wall-Street-pr...

Ummm, yes, really. Read my report.

BTW, how old are you exactly? I find it difficult to believe that you
can see those pictures of people's camping stuff under some blue poly
tarps, and the piles of "refuse" that are clearly labeled bags of
personal property. They're in a park, remember? Fer crissakes - you
can see someone's feet sticking out of one of those "piles of trash"!
Maybe you should get your prescription checked if you can't separate
what you see from what you read.

George Orwell wrote a book about people like you, that believe
whatever is fed to them. In some ways I envy you. Seriously. It
must make things so much easier if everything is seen in black and
white. Me? I see a whole lot of shades of gray.

That was one thing I left out of my report. One person said that they
followed reporter's around to see who they pulled out of the crowd to
interview. Guess what? They were going for the fringe element. Gee,
what a surprise.

As far as the guy crapping on the police car - who knows what his
story is. He could be homeless or he could be a guy in the park that
has a bizarre way of making a statement. I'm surprised he didn't get
a nightstick beating for that one. The cops were all over the place -
every forty feet or so, and in some places, in groups of two or
three. All of them idle.

I was there, you weren't. The people in the park are taking care of
things themselves and seem pretty well organized. There is no central
hierarchy as it's not a planned military operation. Of course it
would take some time to figure out the logistics. Who knows what will
happen when it turns cold, or if the city decides they have to get
them out. It could just fade away with only a few diehards left, or
it could go South pretty quickly.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I have no idea what they're
fighting about - yet. I do know that there's a lot of disinformation
being spread. I do know that there a lot of ****ed off people out
there, and from your constant bitching and moaning, you're one of
them. Join the club.

Sensationalist pictures and stories sell newspapers and keep people
watching the tube. Reporters are not sent out to bring back a boring
story, and that's not how they get known as a rising star. The media
is jerking you around as surely as you're doing it to yourself with
your unshakable "knowledge" of something you haven't witnessed. It's
okay, jerk away.