Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

I wonder what we have in the USA, that is easily destroyed,
and would set us back a couple centuries? Power grid? Water
supply? Bunch of protestors on the roads so the long haul
truckers can't get through? All of the above?

Got milk?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RickH" wrote in message

Actually those Germans knocked down a major aqueduct. Rome
was soon
gone after that. The achilles heel of Rome was the
aqueduct, one of
the very things that made it thrive. At some point you cant
defend
something as big as an aqueduct, a few enterprising
demolitionists in
the countryside while your army is spread all over the
medeterranean
putting down minor insurrections will do the trick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:59:48 -0700 (PDT), RickH
wrote:

On Oct 10, 7:41*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:

*Foreign policy wise, Obama seems to have been a
better choice. It's not just me that thinks this:

Giggle.

Obama took no stand on events in Egypt, Iran, or Syria. He refused Taiwan's
request for military upgrades of its fighter force. He's shown impotence
against the Horn of Africa pirates. He's dissed Israel at every opportunity.
He sat on trade agreements with Columbia, Panama, and Peru (?) for three
years.

This latter has devastated our wheat exports.

No, foreign policy is not Obama's strong suit.

Dont forget that he presented no budget either.

Obama presented a budget, which got zero votes (97-0) in the Senate. Reid
hasn't presented a budget in, oh, 1000 days or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation. Their Demands (13 of them)

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Why do Americans look only at taxes they pay? What about the *total
cost* of health care? One problem is that many Americans don't
understand how much their healthcare costs because their employers are
paying for their health insurance. But if you add the cost of health
insurance and co-pays to the taxes you actually pay, then I think
you'll find that the higher taxes (with zero or small health
insurance premiums and minimal or zero co-pays) paid by those in many
European (and other) countries is actually a good deal.

There's a simple reason why we Americans pay more for health services than
the rest of the world.

We can.

In some countries, a complaint of "chest pain" results in a bottle of
Nitroglycerin tables. In the U.S. it's often a coronary bypass.

That is really the case. There was a rather interesting study a couple
of years by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
(Based in Paris and spelling organization funny means they MUST be
correct) that said pretty much the same thing. That the major predictor
of healthcare costs was the wealth of the country.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Article I read a day or two ago. English man injured a home
invasion burglar, and the home owner was prosecuted. I
suspect the same enforce (enfArce) in the USA.

If one must shoot protestors, bury them and smooth the
ground before the cops arrive.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:34:13 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Got milk?

Got bullets?

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb taking a vote on what to have for
dinner...

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

- Benjamin Franklin

Thank God America is a federal republic.- Hide quoted text -

WAS.

Still. For example, Wisconsin recently passed a concealed handgun
license law, thereby becoming the 48th state to permit such.
Regrettably, the federal government still makes it difficult (but not
impossible) to own a machine gun, mortar, or hand grenade.

These regulations on crew-served weapons and destructive devices
should, too, be left to the states. I could make good use of a few
landmines.

Then it's good we have the laws to stop you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

The opposite is the end of democracy. The rich are never satisfied,
they always want more. It's called the Kleptocracy.
In America they do this by buying politicians. You only get to vote
for the ones they support. The only new laws you get are supported by
influencial lobbyists.
All this is/has happened in front of your eyes. Are you so dumb you
can't see it?
This is why Wall Street has been occupied. By the people who can see
it.

Amazing how clearly you see this, when everyone else here thinks the takeover of
the US by corporations is the right way to go. Not much is trickleing down onto
the peons these days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:

Still. For example, Wisconsin recently passed a concealed handgun
license law, thereby becoming the 48th state to permit such.
Regrettably, the federal government still makes it difficult (but not
impossible) to own a machine gun, mortar, or hand grenade.

These regulations on crew-served weapons and destructive devices
should, too, be left to the states. I could make good use of a few
landmines.

Then it's good we have the laws to stop you.

Your position presumes that the laws will be followed...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Article I read a day or two ago. English man injured a home
invasion burglar, and the home owner was prosecuted. I
suspect the same enforce (enfArce) in the USA.

Not in the U.S. Killing a burglar is not only permitted (mostly) but is
meritorious.

You can even bother him a bit before you kill him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:18:22 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Article I read a day or two ago. English man injured a home
invasion burglar, and the home owner was prosecuted. I
suspect the same enforce (enfArce) in the USA.

More target practice needed.

If one must shoot protestors, bury them and smooth the
ground before the cops arrive.

No need. HeyBub has the idea down pat. OTOH, if you live in MA, CA, or IL,
move.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 9:27*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. I'll just
tell you what I see. Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-demonstration

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 2:18*am, harry wrote:
On Oct 11, 12:06*am, BobR wrote:

On Oct 10, 1:53*am, harry wrote:

On Oct 9, 12:59*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 10/8/2011 2:42 AM, harry wrote:

On Oct 7, 7:38 pm, *wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:59 am, *wrote:

On Oct 7, 1:19 pm,
wrote: *On Oct 7, 2:50 am, *wrote:

Can hardly find a mention of it on American news channels.

Once again, the village idiot's grasp of the facts is exposed.
* It's been covered as one of the top stories for days here on
* CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, CNN.....

No links then I see?

Google broken in your town?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9v3...atedhttp://www....

This is more interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNuDPsE-oQI

Me, like most rational Americans have no problem with protests and
peaceful assemblies because we have a right to PEACEFUL assembly.
The problem comes in when the protest interferes with MY rights or
the rights of OTHERS. I wonder how Michael Moore would feel if a
group of ultra conservative people who don't like his films, decided
to block him from going about his lawful business. The band of useful
idiots for The Left who are running wild in the streets have no clue
how The Economy works and how the whole mess was caused by GOVERNMENT
interference with The Economy. The government can not create real jobs,
the government can only interfere and prevent the creation of real jobs.
Many businesses are holding on to their money because they have no idea
what our first and last Affirmative Action President and his minions
are going to do next to muck everything up. Businesses like people, vote
with their feet. If the government in one place interferes too much with
business, the business will go elsewhere to find a place with little or
no interference with their lawful activities. A good example
is anti-business California which is losing population and businesses
to states like Texas where a business can thrive without burdensome
government regulations and taxes. The cluster coitus known as The
Economy is in deep trouble for some very complicated reasons not easily
understood by the sheeple. The problem, as usual, is The Left pointing
the blame gun at the wrong target.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

The problem arises in all governments when the politicians/wealthy
come to believe they have a "right" to their positions of power wealth
and that they are entitled to take any steps neccesary to maintain the
status quo.
This is when corruption sets in. *They wil not relinquish these
"rights" without a struggle.

Government is about taxation and redistribution of resources. *When
the wealthy get too wealthy, you no longer have democracy.
You haven't had democracy for years in America.- Hide quoted text -

You have that totally and completely backwards!

When the government undertakes to redistribute the wealth from those
who earn it and generate it to those who sit on their lazy ass and
demand more for nothing...that is the end of democracy.- Hide quoted text -

The opposite is the end of democracy. *The rich are never satisfied,
they always want more. *It's called the Kleptocracy.
In America they do this by buying politicians. *You only get to vote
for the ones they support. *The only new laws you get are supported by
influencial lobbyists.
All this is/has happened in front of your eyes. *Are you so dumb you
can't see it?
This is why Wall Street has been occupied. *By the people who can see
it

Wall Street has been occupied by those who are too dumb to see
anything beyond the end of their ignorant nose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. I'll just
tell you what I see. Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-demonstration

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...OLICE-CAR.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...drugs-tap.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" wrote in message

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part.
I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see
what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the
situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games.
I'll just
tell you what I see. Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-demonstration

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:07:16 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! You owe me a keyboard and screen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! *You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at some
point in the future. But it's not surprising that you hold such an
opinion of your powers.

"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."
-H. G. Wells

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:26:25 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

wrote:
I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! *You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at some
point in the future. But it's not surprising that you hold such an
opinion of your powers.

I've known all along that were illiterate. You needn't prove it daily.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:25:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:16:03 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Your Indepenedence war was just so rich people didn't have to pay
taxes as I have frequently pointed out. Nothing to do with "freedom".

So what? I was talking about the SECOND War of Independence. In my part of
the country we call it the "recent unplesantness."

That was the War of Northern Aggression.

The Unpleasantness Between the States. This term doesn't upset the more
fragile sensibilities who hyperventilate with terms like "war" and
"agression".

Many Southerners refused to call it the Civil War; thus, War of
Northern Aggression.

I'm sure there was not much political correctness in the day. Folks
have to understand how the South viewed the matter, without dolling it
up with flowered words :-/

Some even thought Lee never surrendered, but that Grant stole his
sword and Lee was to much of a gentleman to ask for it back.

Then came the Carpetbaggers and Scalawags.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:23:08 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

wrote:

Your Indepenedence war was just so rich people didn't have to pay
taxes as I have frequently pointed out. Nothing to do with
"freedom".

So what? I was talking about the SECOND War of Independence. In my
part of the country we call it the "recent unplesantness."

That was the War of Northern Aggression.

It was another form of economic warfare. Slaves made the productsof
the South cheap. They didn't want that. They removed the South's most
important economic asset and condemned them to poverty as their
industry was mostly labour intensive..

It WAS economic warfare. The North was desperate. If the South was allowed
to secede, over 40% of the entire nation's exports would disappear (think
"King Cotton").

True. Yet, people think this "unpleasantness" started over slavery.
That cause came later... a political football so to speak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The slavery *cause* came much before. The excuse did come later.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:04:36 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:25:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I resemble that remark!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I believe secession talk started around 1833. Slavery was a concern at
some point. Even Abraham Lincoln thought Negroid's were inferior, he
later took up the cause. It made good political hay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:39:48 -0500, "
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:04:36 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:25:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Maybe today you would be called a damn Yankee.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The "cause" existed since the, at least, founding; long before Lincoln.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:04:36 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:25:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Whatever Lola wants...?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Lincoln brought the subject forth; into war.

We don't have to beat a dead horse. I just disagree, that's all.

"Don’t Let a Crisis Go to Waste" sound familiar?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message news:G-
In article ,
Oren wrote:

So what? I was talking about the SECOND War of Independence. In my part

of
the country we call it the "recent unplesantness."

That was the War of Northern Aggression.

The Unpleasantness Between the States. This term doesn't upset the more
fragile sensibilities who hyperventilate with terms like "war" and
"agression".

Ths ghost of your 6th grade English teacher must be highly aggrieved. (-:
At least you get a point for correcting HeyBub's "unplesantness" -
figuratively speaking. There may be no literal cure for it.

Dang. For the first time in perhaps 10 years, Google is broken!
Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
If the problem persists, please mail and mention this error
message and the query that caused it. (I was searching for aggrieved to
make sure I wasn't violating Green's law because it just looks wrong to me.)
(-: Oddly enough, using the word "test" works. WTF?

--

Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. I'll just
tell you what I see. Good, bad and indifferent.

In the meantime:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-demonstration

I was there last Wednesday and noted what I saw earlier in this thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 12:26*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:18*pm, "

wrote:
I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! *You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at some
point in the future. *But it's not surprising that you hold such an
opinion of your powers.

You will see exactly what you want to see. If you are honest then you
will see the truth but most people are not honest, they are biased and
they will see the side that they want to see and ignore everything
else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2011 9:34 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder what we have in the USA, that is easily destroyed,
and would set us back a couple centuries? Power grid? Water
supply? Bunch of protestors on the roads so the long haul
truckers can't get through? All of the above?

Got milk?

Power grid, pipelines, water and sewage, Interstate highway interchanges
and bridges, certain stretches of railroad track- need I go on? No, it
wouldn't set us back centuries, but even a few carefully picked attacks
could put the economy in the crapper for a decade or more. Lotsa choke
points in our internal supply chain. Hell, blow up a couple dozen
dockside container cranes, and you can put a major port out of business
until the folks across the pond can build and ship a replacement.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 10, 7:22*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in ...

On 10/10/11 03:31 pm, aemeijers wrote:

I go to the dentist for free. I have all my teeth. Have you?

You may not pay directly, but it certainly is not free.

NOTHING is free. Somebody somewhere has to pay.

I am sure that everybody realizes that there is a cost -- but the cost is
spread over the whole community. Nobody in the UK (or in a multitude of
other nations) is bankrupted by doctors' or hospital bills.

Perce

I just came back from 16 days in Italy. * I spent some time sipping Ouzo
with a University professor. *He pays about 45% of his income in taxes, as
do most Italians. *Socialism is not cheap.

"Most" Italians are experienced tax-evaders when they can get away
with it. But they pale before Greece, which is so corrupt that almost
nobody pays taxes. Everything is done by bribery. They lied their way
into the European Union. The paperwork was done by Goldman Sachs.
Now there's a good candidate for anti-Christ! How long will hard-
working Germany continue to prop up these goniffs?

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shall I have it drop shipped to the adress I sent the last
one? I may qualify now for free shipping, from Keyboards R
Us. Quanity discounts, you know, old chap?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! You owe me a keyboard and screen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We have been increasing respect, due to your writing skills
on this Usenet list. Your korrect spelling, and obfious
edjoocation portend grate things to come. Un like sum folks
on this lest, who doo knot.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" wrote in message

wrote:
I anticipate your field report, which will be clearly
written and more truth than the lame stream media.

LOL! You owe me a keyboard and screen.

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness at
some
point in the future. But it's not surprising that you hold
such an
opinion of your powers.

"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."
-H. G. Wells

Posted to alt.home.repair

"that were illiterate"??????

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

It's curious that you apparently know what I will witness
at some
point in the future. But it's not surprising that you hold
such an
opinion of your powers.

I've known all along that were illiterate. You needn't
prove it daily.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Which replacement crane, we would be unable
to unload from the transport ship?

I can see that some sabotage would be dificult
to recover and repair.

I'd hate to be around when some with a few
shape charges blew the **** out of the sewer
system. Phew! Stinky!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Power grid, pipelines, water and sewage, Interstate highway
interchanges
and bridges, certain stretches of railroad track- need I go
on? No, it
wouldn't set us back centuries, but even a few carefully
picked attacks
could put the economy in the crapper for a decade or more.
Lotsa choke
points in our internal supply chain. Hell, blow up a couple
dozen
dockside container cranes, and you can put a major port out
of business
until the folks across the pond can build and ship a
replacement.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've heard that the official tax rates in socialist
countries can be a bit extreme. As to the hard working
Germans propping up the alcohol guzzling Italians. A few
years, and then the Germans will declare "Nein! Halt!" and
the free ride will come to a stop.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Higgs Boson"
wrote in message

I just came back from 16 days in Italy. I spent some time
sipping Ouzo
with a University professor. He pays about 45% of his
income in taxes, as
do most Italians. Socialism is not cheap.

"Most" Italians are experienced tax-evaders when they can
get away
with it. But they pale before Greece, which is so corrupt
that almost
nobody pays taxes. Everything is done by bribery. They lied
their way
into the European Union. The paperwork was done by Goldman
Sachs.
Now there's a good candidate for anti-Christ! How long
will hard-
working Germany continue to prop up these goniffs?

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote
I just came back from 16 days in Italy. I spent some time sipping Ouzo
with a University professor. He pays about 45% of his income in taxes,
as
do most Italians. Socialism is not cheap.

"Most" Italians are experienced tax-evaders when they can get away
with it. But they pale before Greece, which is so corrupt that almost
nobody pays taxes. Everything is done by bribery. They lied their way
into the European Union. The paperwork was done by Goldman Sachs.
Now there's a good candidate for anti-Christ! How long will hard-
working Germany continue to prop up these goniffs?

HB

Experienced? It is the national sport with virtually 100% participation.
I always ask about discounts for paying cash and I'm often accommodated
rather well.

Of there income, 15% is for healthcare. Over here (US) that amounts to
about a household income of $65000 to come out to typical married couple
premiums. Lower incomes fare better in that respect, higher incomes
subsidize.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 12:20*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, "Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Is it true? Moments ago, on the Laura Ingraham show (Tues
Oct 11, 2011, about 9:20 AM) she commented that the Wall
Street crowd was creating a sanitation and personal refuse
and body waste problem.

I call bull**** on that, particularly the body waste part. *I still
haven't made my way over to the park on my bike to see what's going on
for myself, but I promise I will and I'll let you know the situation.
I won't be playing any of the Red State v Blue State games. *I'll just
tell you what I see. *Good, bad and indifferent.

Yep, as I expected the Laura Ingraham report is total bull****. The
idea that people that value the environment would let the filth
accumulate pegged the BS meter at 11. These are the people that would
crap in a plastic bag and compost it, so I knew that we were being fed
more disinformation. So I went, and here's what I saw.

Not much. There was no buildup of filth, there was no disruption of
any kind. There was a bigger pile of trash outside a pizza place a
few blocks away, and even that was neatly bagged and placed at the
curb.

You can see that they've set up a recycling station, and the young
woman in the photo was sorting and bundling. There's a large
recycling container in the picture. She said that they've organized a
private pickup of the refuse and recycling.

A lot of the cardboard was used for making signs by some of the
people, and it looked like some of the more entrepreneurial people in
the park appeared to be using the cardboard to make art for sale.

The woman in the photo told me that they were using the bathrooms in
the local places, and there had been talk about getting some
composting toilets, but there was also talk about raising money to pay
some of those same local places for using their restrooms.

You can see in another photo that they have cleaning supplies and a
sign that they were cleaning up Wall Street - the subway station.

There were literally hundreds if not thousands of signs. Some were
silly, "Glen Beck is a **** stain" and others were more on target, as
seen in the photo of the Thomas Jefferson quote sign, and in another
picture, "The first time I served my country I was a paratrooper.
This time I am a revolutionary."

The people were of course well represented by the young, but there
were quite a few middle aged people and some older people, too. Photo
of the guy wearing the Vietnam Vet cap.

About a quarter of the people were spectators, but not idle
spectators. They were talking to the people in the park, and going
around photographing them.

The cops were just standing there. I talked to a couple. One about a
nifty elevated observation post that's on a trailer. A cross between
a scissor lift and a cherry picker, with an enclosed ~6' square room
that could get up about 30'. It had surveillance cameras on all sides
and a weather station on top. I want one.

Your average NY parade is far rowdier than the crowd in that park, and
there was nothing anywhere near the stuff that goes on at a St.
Patrick's Day parade, Halloween parade or anything of that sort. No
rowdiness, no raised voices, no sense of anything out of the
ordinary. It felt like a street fair. There was some drumming going
on, but a cop said that the people in the park stopped drumming at 11
PM.

There was a 'library' set up with a slew of books. I did not get
close enough to see what the books were about. Most of the people
holding signs were on the avenue, and those people were holding signs
that had a wide variety of messages. It wasn't clear if people were
taking turns holding signs, if those people were just trying to get on
camera, or what.

The people in the center of the park had set up camp and had the usual
camping stuff, but I did not see any tents. It just seemed to be
sleeping bags and blue poly tarps. There was a 'kitchen' set up in
the middle of the park, and a bunch of people eating off of paper
plates. There were also a lot of stainless food carts along the
southern street - everything from Smoothies to coffee to felafels and
a bunch more I didn't see up close.

http://img189.imageshack.us/slidesho...mg4378copy.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
Ths ghost of your 6th grade English teacher must be highly aggrieved.
(-: At least you get a point for correcting HeyBub's "unplesantness"
- figuratively speaking. There may be no literal cure for it.

Dang. For the first time in perhaps 10 years, Google is broken!
Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
If the problem persists, please mail and mention
this error message and the query that caused it. (I was searching
for aggrieved to make sure I wasn't violating Green's law because it
just looks wrong to me.) (-: Oddly enough, using the word "test"
works. WTF?

At the risk of offending you with yet another truth ("from God's lips to my
ears") I commend for your consideration "tinySpell". It checks words as you
type.