Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:39:48 -0500, "
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:04:36 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:25:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:16:03 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Your Indepenedence war was just so rich people didn't have to pay
taxes as I have frequently pointed out. Nothing to do with "freedom".

So what? I was talking about the SECOND War of Independence. In my part of
the country we call it the "recent unplesantness."

That was the War of Northern Aggression.

The Unpleasantness Between the States. This term doesn't upset the more
fragile sensibilities who hyperventilate with terms like "war" and
"agression".

Many Southerners refused to call it the Civil War; thus, War of
Northern Aggression.

I'm sure there was not much political correctness in the day. Folks
have to understand how the South viewed the matter, without dolling it
up with flowered words :-/

Some even thought Lee never surrendered, but that Grant stole his
sword and Lee was to much of a gentleman to ask for it back.

Then came the Carpetbaggers and Scalawags.

I resemble that remark!

Maybe today you would be called a damn Yankee.