Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

Steve wrote:

They couldn't afford me. Besides I don't do new construction, there is no
money in it, I make more money sitting in my recliner.

Yawn. You're just another armchair troll, I see.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:38:11 -0400, Michael A. Troll wrote:

Steve wrote:

They couldn't afford me. Besides I don't do new construction, there is
no money in it, I make more money sitting in my recliner.

Yawn. You're just another armchair troll, I see.

Gotta love it when a troll like you labels others troll.

Hell, switch a few letters around in your last name and it becomes
Michael A. Troll LOLZ!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15834 fired this volley in
:

At that point, if the fridge would not start, this is for sure not ANY
kind of cooling issue, so I will just replace it with another fridge.

Ig... it's not unreasonable for a new start cap to fail. Electronic
parts tend to fail in two regimes -- "infant mortality", and "old age".
If they get past four or five months, they usually last for their rated
lives.

Also, I think you said you replaced the start relay. If it actually IS a
relay (because they call those abominable PTC things "relays", too), then
it's easy to tell if it's working. If, instead, you open the thing up
and find a coin-sized disk of unobtainium with two leads, it's a PTC
thermistor, and prone to all sorts of ills. Replace it with a real
potential relay, and you'll lick the problem (if it's failed).

Even a loose connection between the "relay" and the hermet connector on
the compressor can cause the symptoms you see.

LLoyd
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Ignoramus15834 fired this volley in
:

But just for my education, what exactly is wrong so that there is lack
of lubrication?

Say, why are the bearings in my 59 year old compressor working great
and this fridge is dead at a relatively young age? (well, I know why
my compressor is going well, because the pumpbearings are pressure
lubricated).

Are there any "well made" refrigerators where things are designed to
last long?

A chip of grunge in one of the oiler holes on one of the crank bearings
or the motor tailshaft bearing can cause the problem. It can happen in
older units, too, but less often because everything was over-built back
when.

It's not a stretch for a guy with your skills to change the compressor --
say, with one from a 20-year-old fridge. You'd need the tools to
evacuate the system. You'd need to install access valves. You'd need to
either find a "friendly" with some R-22, or replace the charge with
propane.

But generally, a fridge isn't worth the work, when you can get another
one for under $100.

LLoyd
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

That sounds like Orlando. Frequent news stories about HVAC companies
committing fraud. the owners claim that they will fire the 'bad
employee', but the news crew frequently get shots of them still driving
a marked company vehicle days to months later.

I guess that there aren't enough small, crooked used car lots to

hire
all these idiots.

The problem is that the EPA and the refrigeration industry have conspired
to make their trade a government-sanctioned cartel and a "black magic"
trade, respectively.

If it's "illegal to do yourself", it "must be difficult"; no?

HVAC distributors are generally honest, although they have the same
cartel mentality. For instance, a large umbrella corporation that owned
GemAire recently acquired Grainger and Baker Brothers, as well.

Now, none of their individual business units will sell you anything that
_contains_ Freon, even if it's a sealed system. They tell callers, "it's
the law...". But, of course, it's not; you can buy "sealed systems" in
the form of window units and fridges at any store you wish, except those
cartel members.

The more the government encourages them, the more dishonest they become.
(sidebar... EPA should be abolished, and ALL the f'ing unconstitutional
"laws" they've passed) One _shouldn't_ gas-off Freon into the
atmosphere, but the act should be illegal, not the possession of Freon.

Now, local repair shops? I'd say 60% of them are scam artists with no
repair skills at all. Another 38% are completely incompetent, even if
they're honest. That leaves what?

LLoyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Jeff Thies fired this volley in news:i7dh5p$umi$1
@news.albasani.net:

I rebuilt and serviced ASCII terminals that used 1K bytes of magneto-
strictive delay line memory!

Wow. What year was that?

1971. Old NASA stuff maintained by Hazeltine Corp. They were all in the
process of being replaced by core memory units. By 1974, they had all
been replaced with Hazeltine 2000-A units.

The "terminals" were full 19-inch racks with vector caliographic
character drawing -- not dot-matrix displays.

They had a 1K-byte memory "coil" that had a 16.66ms full path delay.
Hmmm... why, that matched the scan refresh rate! Darn!

LLoyd
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Steve" fired this volley in
:

I put a new 14SEER dual fuel/hybrid system(4 ton) in my own home in
February.... my August light bill was only $200, and used 500kwh
*LESS* than August last year. You can *DO* what you want, I will keep
my money in my pocket, thanx.

I didn't say replacing a unit for the efficiency was a bad idea. I said
reefer guys are crooks. There's a difference.

LLoyd
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

. 3.70...
"Steve" fired this volley in
:

I put a new 14SEER dual fuel/hybrid system(4 ton) in my own home in
February.... my August light bill was only $200, and used 500kwh
*LESS* than August last year. You can *DO* what you want, I will keep
my money in my pocket, thanx.

I didn't say replacing a unit for the efficiency was a bad idea. I said
reefer guys are crooks. There's a difference.

OK, how are we crooks and what part of that would not apply to your
profession?? Or is it that we are not supposed to make a living to be able
to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, and support our families,
as well as those who depend on us for their livings too??

What is *YOUR* vocation?? hmm??

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Steve" fired this volley in news:i7e9b9$sui$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

What is *YOUR* vocation?? hmm??

I design pyrotechnic effects for the stage trade, sell them to people who
ASK for them, and do NOT bilk people by telling them the effect they
bought for $60.00 two years ago needs to be replaced by a $6,000.00 "new
technology" replacement, or their family will die from CO poisoning.

Instead, if the effect they bought doesn't work right, I replace it for
free -- including shipping.

And y'know what? Nobody who's ever dealt with our company thinks we're
dishonest -- not even the ones who don't prefer ours over another brand.
Why? 1) We've never, ever cheated anyone. 2) We bend over backwards to
save our customers money, instead of pushing more and more stuff down
their throats. The result is, the sales we might have "lost" by not
pushing hard, we gain back in new business by happy referrals.

I can't even think five times when an HVAC guy actually fixed something
that I was happy about it. They overcharge, they seldom fix the problem
on the first try, and always say "the other part won't be in 'til next
Tuesday", they have a cartel/monopoly subsidized by our government, and
they mostly don't know what they're doing.

Now... How are you crooks?

First of all, I can't speak to whether or not you personally are one.
But the company you keep paints you with a broad brush. MOST of the HVAC
"repair" companies in Central Florida have so many black marks against
them with BBB, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and various
"investigative journalists" that it's as likely to find an honest one as
to win the lottery.

They even go so far as to sabotage units so they can declare them junk
and coerce the customer into a replacement.

THAT's how "you" are crooks. I never said, "All reefer guys are crooks."

LLoyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

[...]

The 1.5% that can do a good job, if they aren't having a bad
day/week/month/year.

You even find idiots at the OEMs.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

[...]

It's been shown on Central Florida local TV where the so called HVAC
Tech punches a hole in the coil of someone's A/C unit on a hidden
camera. They had the system tested by one company, then called
different companies who ALL wanted over $1000 each to fix imagined or
created problems.

THAT's how "you" are crooks. I never said, "All reefer guys are crooks."

LLoyd

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Jeff Thies fired this volley in news:i7dh5p$umi$1
@news.albasani.net:

I rebuilt and serviced ASCII terminals that used 1K bytes of magneto-
strictive delay line memory!

Wow. What year was that?

1971. Old NASA stuff maintained by Hazeltine Corp. They were all in the
process of being replaced by core memory units. By 1974, they had all
been replaced with Hazeltine 2000-A units.

The "terminals" were full 19-inch racks with vector caliographic
character drawing -- not dot-matrix displays.

They had a 1K-byte memory "coil" that had a 16.66ms full path delay.
Hmmm... why, that matched the scan refresh rate! Darn!

Just like the long obsolete 'Shift Register Memory' used in some
early terminals. The only difference was that the delay was all
electronic. Don Lancaster's famous 'TV Typewriter' project used them,
along with a Signetics 2513 masked ROM for the character generator.
Both were available in limited quantities on the surplus market in the
'70s.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Jeff fired this volley in news:i7dh5p$umi$1
[...]

I used to pour over Popular Electronics at the library every time
they had a cover shot of some new project Don Lancaster (my hero)
came up with. I loved the project books that he produced for Radio
Shack and I wish I still had them. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 2010-09-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburghlloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
fired this volley
in :

Just curious why are you so ****y, a slow day? Customers not calling?

no... he's a "refrigeration professional", and doesn't want anyone to
figure out the four or five pages of knowlege that constitutes his
"professional advantage" over ordinary laymen.

Does that refrigeration knowledge amount to so little? Any textbook you
would recommend?

I cannot believe that, after fixing and retrofitting my Bridgeport
Interact CNC mill, I cannot ever properly diagnose a bad Sears
refrigerator. I started knowing nothing about CNC mills and now, thanks
to all the great help I got, I have a working CNC machine.

Maybe I can fix the fridge too.

I don't see why not, I remember fixing a CNC machine that had a Toshiba
bubble memory unit in the controller. It was a hoot, when I told the kid
at the electronic supply house about the bubble memory unit, I got a blank
stare and a "duh?".

Yes, but did it have ventricles in the frammistan? ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

The Daring Dufas wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

[...]

He still posts on some of the sci.electronics newsgroups from time to
time.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Lloyd
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

fired this volley in
:

[...]

I've yet to see an old refrigeration unit that used R22 since R12 was
the first of its type. I use something called R416a in place of R12
and it's more efficient, takes less refrigerant to do the same job
and it runs a lower head pressure which makes it good for old systems
because it puts less of a load on them. Oh yea, it's a drop in, no oil
change necessary.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:57:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

They got tossed into that box of flight line..ya..that one.

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as a muffler bearing. A front
wheel drive car may have one to accommodate the movement of a transverse
mounted engine.

It used to be a joke among used care salesmen, when telling people
what was wrong with their trade-ins in the '60s& '70s. "Our mechanic
just informed me that we'll have to take $250 off our offer, since the
muffler bearings are bad..." ;-)

That's why I never traded in a used car, or bought one off a lot.

The other was a joke to confuse the new guy at the parts counter,
when one of the mechanics would tell him he needed a muffler bearing for
a 65 Mustang. Maybe it was a regional thing?

I got real tickled when I heard a parts man call another supplier and
ask for a harmonica balancer for a Chevy V8.

I remember watching the harmonic balancer from the Chevy 283 in my
van rolling up the exit ramp off I-75 at Lima Ohio, after it bounced
around under the engine cover a couple times. I was doing 35 MPH, and
it was outrunning the van.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Steve" wrote in message

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

HVAC wrote:

wrote in message

I've never been so busy. Seriously.

I do commercial only and all I can say
is WHAT recession?

Now we know who you do commercials FOR - Brobama !

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

It's only a recession if you don't have work.

And your only an ignorant asshole if you work in HVAC.

The same could be said of insert your vocation here.

Oh yeah? Well, my daddy's bigger than your daddy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

They got tossed into that box of flight line..ya..that one.

And tossed into the trash when they were looking for the skyhooks...

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

HVAC wrote:

wrote in message

I've never been so busy. Seriously.

I do commercial only and all I can say
is WHAT recession?

Now we know who you do commercials FOR - Brobama !

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

It's only a recession if you don't have work.

And your only an ignorant asshole if you work in HVAC.

The same could be said of insert your vocation here.

Sigh. I was a Broadcast engineer at three TV stations and a bunch of
AM radio stations. All of which would fire you on the spot if you were
inept, or an asshole.

I ran a repair depot for a large MSO CATV operator, where we did
millions of dollars worth of repairs for the various systems we owned.

I also worked in manufacturing and engineering for a company that
provided Telemetry systems for NASA, NOAA and the European Space
Agency. They never told us how to do our job. They just asked for a
price and wrote a check. Some of our equipment was still in use over 30
years after delivery and had never been serviced. It was being used to
track some of NASA's deep space probes that were launched in the early
'70s.

My work is aboard the International Space Station, while yours is
rusting in moldy basements, and your industry has a reputation worse
that TV repairmen used to.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 22 Sep 2010
23:57:24 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

I've got the drawings for the semi inverted nuts that hold the
retaining bracket for the end.

Where are the muffler bearings?

The Chrome Plated ones are next to the remote overhead windshield
wiper knobs.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

I've got the drawings for the semi inverted nuts that hold the
retaining bracket for the end.

Where are the muffler bearings?

The Chrome Plated ones are next to the remote overhead windshield
wiper knobs.

I had one of those in my stepvan.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

You know, that sounds like a fun job. Sad, that you havn't found
honest HVAC companies. I'm not sure about my part of the world. I did
see a video years ago. A news team had a HVAC system disabled (remove
one wire nut from the contactor wire). And then called different
companies to come out and look. One cut a wire on the contactor coil,
even. I think one of the companies they called noticed the loose wire,
and fixed it inexpensively.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. 3.70...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

When NYS came out with the red dye in heating kerosene. I bought some
"red lantern oil" for a friend.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. 3.70...
The Daring Dufas fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Lloyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Yes, I've also done some good april fool jokes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

He also wrote some pretty good April Fools stories.

--
Politicians should only get paid if the budget is balanced, and there
is

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Steve wrote:

"Michael A. wrote in message

HVAC wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Hey Mike, I worked out at The Kwajalein Missile Range back in 87 and 88,
there was a lot of telemetry going on there, did you happen to be
working in the telemetry field at the time? It's now The Ronald Reagan
Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, I think I know why it was renamed.
There was some pretty cool stuff going on there back in the late 80's
and I'll bet there is some even cooler stuff going on there now. And
speaking of cool, there was a good sized sat dish with a cryo cooled
LNA or LNB right near my living quarters. I loved it out in the islands.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

[...]

I wanna blow stuff up too! Pleeeez! Meeeee Toooooo! 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

[...]

I had a similar experience when I cut a corner too hard and snapped the
left front hub out of the brake drum on my 65 Dart and the wheel outran
me. o_O

TDD

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. on Wed, 22 Sep 2010

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

I've got the drawings for the semi inverted nuts that hold the
retaining bracket for the end.

Where are the muffler bearings?

The Chrome Plated ones are next to the remote overhead windshield
wiper knobs.

Muffler bearings and O pipes for your exhaust system can be purchased
from this supplier:

http://tinyurl.com/bks6a

http://tinyurl.com/ztrnx

I'm especially fond of their spark plugs:

http://tinyurl.com/f4rf4

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sep 22, 8:15*am, "Steve" wrote:

In any vocation, if you don't update your knowledge base and skillset every
3 years, your behind the curve. With the changes and advances in HVAC, its
every 6 months to a year..... unless your looking for "Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob" or
"Bubba" with the cheapest price. Just remember that you get what you pay
for.

There are vocations that require updating your knowledge base often.
For electronics the statement often quoted was that half of your
knowledge was obsolete in six years.

But HVAC...................... 6 months to a year. You
have to be kidding.

Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

My work is aboard the International Space Station, while yours is
rusting in moldy basements, and your industry has a reputation worse
that TV repairmen used to.

I am not a rocket surgen, but my company has been working for excellence for
many years. I am *not* "billy-joe-jim-bob". Yes there are a lot of hacks out
there, but there are some true professionals out there too. I keep trying to
help change the rep that HVAC industry has, and raise the bar in my area.
FWIW, my company has all but stopped advertising in the yellow pages, it
doesn't need to. 90% of our new customers are all from word of mouth
referals.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

Where are the muffler bearings?

Right next to the relative bearing grease.

LLoyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Steve" fired this volley in
:

I do approximately 5 semester hours a year in
continuing education just to keep up with the new technologies. The
newest super high efficiency systems are serial controlled, with
variable frequency inverter drives and can vary their output capacity
from 40 - 115%. Even the compressors are driven by electronically
commutated, variable speed motors. This technology has only been on
the streets for a year or so in residential split systems. If you
don't have the proper training, you can cause some very expen$ive
problems by something as simple as getting 2 control wires crossed.
BTW... all these classes, and training isn't free, and the customer
pays for *EVERYTHING*.

Yeahbut... that's electronics, not refrigeration technology. Any new
industrial machine you can name has the same new features.

F'instance, the new indoor fan motors pretty much come as 3-phase VFD
units, with the VFD built into the motor case. It's a fine technology,
but it ups the life-cost to the consumer, because many of the motors do
NOT have replacement VFD boards available (especially the low-end GE
motors) -- where if a start/run cap failed on an older technology motor,
it would cost (the tech) pennies to fix.

But that's (again) all electronics. Show me any _substantial_ changes in
refrigeration technology.

LLoyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Ron" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:09:56 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Steve" fired this volley in
:

I do approximately 5 semester hours a year in
continuing education just to keep up with the new technologies. The
newest super high efficiency systems are serial controlled, with
variable frequency inverter drives and can vary their output capacity
from 40 - 115%. Even the compressors are driven by electronically
commutated, variable speed motors. This technology has only been on
the streets for a year or so in residential split systems. If you
don't have the proper training, you can cause some very expen$ive
problems by something as simple as getting 2 control wires crossed.

??? Wiring things incorrectly has always been a problem since there
were wires.

That doesn't require any new knowledge.

And PLL is not new technology.

It is new for residential heating and cooling systems, and it does require
the knowledge to be able to troubleshoot and repair.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

. 3.70...
"Steve" fired this volley in
:

[...]

VFD has been around for years in industrial apps, but it is just now showing
up in residential HVAC apps.

But that's (again) all electronics. Show me any _substantial_ changes in
refrigeration technology.

Its not the refrigeration technologies, other than much higher efficiencies,
but rather the change in refrigerants with the changes in pressures and oils
in residential HVAC stuff. This change is not new, its been in the works
since 1989.
Granted, there is a large portion of the "techs" out there who only have a
ticket book, jug of gas and set of gages don't know or understand how a
refrigeration system works or why it works that way.
My company gets called frequently to straighten out their messes because the
home owner tried to get it done cheap, instead of calling a licensed,
insured, professionally trained, master HVAC tech.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Steve wrote:

"Michael A. wrote in message

HVAC wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

No, I was in that field in the late '90s and early '00s, until my
health failed. Did you use any equipment from Microdyne? They were
still supplying parts & upgrades for the 1100 series they built during
that era. The 1200 series was still in production, along with the
700/1620 series, and the 1400 series. I worked on the launch of their
RCB2000/DR2000 series to move it from prototype to production ready.

enough left over to pay them.