davidl

Default refrigerator condenser fan not working

Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped
working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.
can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

Appliance Repair Aid

davidl wrote:
Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped
working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.
can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

Hi,

I have a SubZero refrigerator

Model#?

I took out the fan and checked it is ok

You applied 110-120 volts AC to the motor and it operated ok?

But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.

Possible burnt wire somewhere....check for any large male-female wire
connectors....have seen a few become loose and burn the wire plug.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Richard J Kinch

davidl writes:

can someone tell me what can cause this.

Stuck defrost timer.
TURTLE

"davidl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped
working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.
can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

This is Turtle.

A Broken Wire or 500 other things.

the power going to the fan will be the same power that is going to the
compressor. trace it back to see where the problem is.

TURTLE

Jeff Wisnia

davidl wrote:

Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped
working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.
can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

Are you measuring that 37 vac with the fan disconnected? If so and you
are using a digital voltmeter, you're probably just reading a
capacitively coupled phantom voltage and one of those wires is open
somewhere.

Trace it back to where the voltage gets applied to the wire.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)