turtle

Default Freezer not working... Fridge fine

My freezer has stopped working but my fridge is working fine. I have
a frigidaire side by side. The freezer makes a light humming sound
every 30-45 seconds that lasts about 10 seconds. I unplugged the
fridge/freezer overnight and the freezer started to work once I
plugged it back in. Unfortunately it stopped working again a few
hours later. Should I unplug it for a longer period of time? Does
anyone have any insights?

Thanks,

Keith
TOM KAN PA

Odds are it's the defrost element in the freezer.

Edwin Pawlowski

"turtle" wrote in message
om...
My freezer has stopped working but my fridge is working fine. I have
a frigidaire side by side. The freezer makes a light humming sound
every 30-45 seconds that lasts about 10 seconds. I unplugged the
fridge/freezer overnight and the freezer started to work once I
plugged it back in. Unfortunately it stopped working again a few
hours later. Should I unplug it for a longer period of time? Does
anyone have any insights?

Thee is a fan that distributes the air between the two compartments. It may
be going bad or already bad. Check it out. Be sure the path between is not
iced up also.

Check for info a www.repairclinic.com and www.applianceaid.com

PoCambo

From: kols

a frigidaire side by side. The freezer makes a light humming sound
every 30-45 seconds that lasts about 10 seconds.

sounds like a bad defrost timer any loud pops or bangs besides the hum.