vilm

Default fridge freezer brand advice

Hi,
Please point me in the right direction if this is offtopic for this
group.

I've recently moved house and am looking to by a new fridge/freezer.
I'm looking for advice on which brand is the most reliable/well made.
Also, I'm interested in getting something that looks a bit better than
the usual white box (though not at the expense of build quality).
I've seen the 50's style one's made by SMEG - are these built well?
Are there any other options if I want something other than a tall
white box - i.e. does anyone know anywhere that sells vintage
reconditioned ones (again, with no sacrifice to reliability/quality?)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
dave @ stejonda

In message , vilm
writes

I've recently moved house and am looking to by a new fridge/freezer.
I'm looking for advice on which brand is the most reliable/well made.

why a fridge-freezer? why not two separate units? if you really want one
unit make sure it has separate compressors for the fridge and freezer
parts.

--
dave @ stejonda
The Natural Philosopher

vilm wrote:

Hi,
Please point me in the right direction if this is offtopic for this
group.

I've recently moved house and am looking to by a new fridge/freezer.
I'm looking for advice on which brand is the most reliable/well made.
Also, I'm interested in getting something that looks a bit better than
the usual white box (though not at the expense of build quality).
I've seen the 50's style one's made by SMEG - are these built well?
Are there any other options if I want something other than a tall
white box - i.e. does anyone know anywhere that sells vintage
reconditioned ones (again, with no sacrifice to reliability/quality?)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

After extensive research I got a built in Liebherr. Its solid, the
instrictions to install were utterly correct and of teutonic
thoroughness and the storage was STRONG. No plastic where frosted glass
or chrome plated steel rods could be used.

I strongly recommend you look at this range - I got mine from an
instantly forgettable online white goods broker site.

Thanks,

Simon

dmc

In article ,
Nozza wrote:

Which manufacturers make separate compressors for the fridge and
freezer parts?

Bosch do - or at least did a coupe of years ago.

Got one in my kitchen. Perfectly happy with it.

Whatever you go for it is worth a phonecall/email to John Lewis. Prices are
pretty competitive on many things and the deliver free and give you an
extra years warranty free. They were within a tenner on my fridge freezer
and only 12 quid out on the dishwasher. Definately worth it for the warranty
and the customer service IMHO.

Darren

vilm

Thanks for all the replies - very useful. Anyone got anything to say
about Liebherr or AEG or others? I looked through some old threads
but most seem to talk about what works best in a garage - I'm looking
to put something in a kitchen... or else anyone know a website with a
good bunch of reviews? I've found the odd one here and there..

Thanks again,

Simon