Chris Melluish

Default Freezer Door seals

My upright freezer, which I bought from Bejam something over 20 years ago,
has a damaged door seal. The original seal is held in by the plastic door
lining, and I can't see how this comes off - maybe it is just stuck on - but
I could easily remove the existing seal without much effort.

I don't fancy my chances of getting a replacement for this model, but I
noticed that CPC do kits consisting of seals that you cut to size and a tube
of superglue. Unfortunately I can't make head nor tail of the little
diagrams they include with the description of the various types (page 2444),
and it also says 'not suitable for glued inner and outer doors', which I
don't understand.

Advice please.

--
Chris Melluish.

Chris Oates

"Chris Melluish" wrote in message
My upright freezer, which I bought from Bejam something over 20 years ago,
has a damaged door seal. The original seal is held in by the plastic door
lining, and I can't see how this comes off - maybe it is just stuck on -

but
I could easily remove the existing seal without much effort.

I don't fancy my chances of getting a replacement for this model, but I
noticed that CPC do kits consisting of seals that you cut to size and a

tube
of superglue. Unfortunately I can't make head nor tail of the little
diagrams they include with the description of the various types (page

2444),
and it also says 'not suitable for glued inner and outer doors', which I
don't understand.

the CPC kit comes with 2 of the corners pre-made
+ reinforcers for corners you need to glue
Also magnetic strip for doing the sealing - which is
maybe where the cryptic 'glued doors' bit comes in
.....the CPC seal needs a metal surface to mate to
or one with a thin plastic coating - it won't mate very well to another
rubber/plastic bumper type seal

Tony Williams

In article ,
Chris Melluish wrote:
My upright freezer, which I bought from Bejam something over 20
years ago, has a damaged door seal. The original seal is held in by
the plastic door lining, and I can't see how this comes off - maybe
it is just stuck on - but I could easily remove the existing seal
without much effort.

Hmph.... I'm trying to deal with the same thing atm, on
the doors of a Hotpoint fridge freezer. The freezer door
is ok, lots of self-tappers to take out and everything
comes apart. The fridge door is another matter, it looks
like the seal was glued onto the door, the inner plastic
moulding glued onto that, and then the insulation foamed in.
I think it is going to be one of those diy seals from CPC,
maybe glued on, plus a ring of self-tappers.

--
Tony Williams.