Jeff Wisnia

davidl wrote:

Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped
working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage
supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V.
can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

Are you measuring that 37 vac with the fan disconnected? If so and you
are using a digital voltmeter, you're probably just reading a
capacitively coupled phantom voltage and one of those wires is open
somewhere.

Trace it back to where the voltage gets applied to the wire.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)