Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd hate to think what would happen to a tech who drank only Mt. Dew.
That could make for a poor night sleep.

Actually, I have always slept better when I drank caffeinated
drinks. I went two years with no caffeine, and was miserable. I can go
right to sleep after drinking an eight ounce glass. It also helps
reduce the swelling in my legs if I drink it not log before going to
bed. It does more for me than the daily tablet of HCTZ. My body
chemistry has been screwed up my entire life. I saw my VA doctor on
friday. My sodium & potassium leaves are both a little low, even though
I take supplemental potassium, and use more than five times the
recommended level of sodium. If I reduce either I get muscle spasms,
and a lot of pressure sores.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 9/26/2010 7:07 AM, Steve wrote:
"Stormin wrote in message
I'm glad you had the water available. Is it possible you were
dehydrated before you began the day?

Prolly not... Its not unusual to be soaked down to your socks with sweat
in
an hour or less. When the ODT is 95+ and the RH is 80+, you had better be
teking frequent breaks, and have a big cooler with lots of iced down
water,
and gatorade. Go real easy on the sodas tho... they will dehydrate you
faster.

Back in 89, I was working in a plant under construction in The City of
Industry (some of you know where that is) and the temperature was 105°
and the humidity was nonexistent. I was bone dry, even my underarms
were dry. The breeze blowing in from the desert felt like a hair dryer.
At 105°F here in Alabamastan, every square inch of you is wet, your
socks will be squishing no matter how thick they are, a leather belt
will be ruined as will any watch or electronics you are carrying unless
they're designed for skin divers. I've had countless pagers and two way
radios die after exposure to my toxic sweat and I can wear only a diver's
watch, unless it's a good one, it will expire too. I tell folks
that I sweat like a thunderstorm and it's easy to tell where I've been
standing still on any job site, there's a puddle.

Absolutely.... same here in south Mississippi. BTW, I do recommend spending
the $400 for a Seiko divers watch. They last me 15 years or so, anything
less will be junk in 1 - 3 months.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 9/26/2010 11:20 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:46:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 9/26/2010 9:44 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

"Stormin wrote in message
I'm glad you had the water available. Is it possible you were
dehydrated before you began the day?

Prolly not... Its not unusual to be soaked down to your socks with sweat in
an hour or less. When the ODT is 95+ and the RH is 80+, you had better be
teking frequent breaks, and have a big cooler with lots of iced down water,
and gatorade. Go real easy on the sodas tho... they will dehydrate you
faster.

Back in 89, I was working in a plant under construction in The City of
Industry (some of you know where that is) and the temperature was 105°
and the humidity was nonexistent. I was bone dry, even my underarms
were dry. The breeze blowing in from the desert felt like a hair dryer.

And here people have been wondering why Ive been doing work around my
homestead from dark till dawn.....

Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert

That job I was on then gave me one of the kidney stones I passed on my
own.

TDD

Thank you for even MORE sharing.

You are VERY welcome, wanna read about my swollen lymph nodes? 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/26/2010 11:07 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Gunner wrote in

Been there, done that, several times.

I had an ER nurse once tell me it was like giving birth...

to a baby grand piano

Had to go to the ER once after kidney stone removal due to complications. A
couple of ER nurses and I were talking. One said she'd rather give birth
than have kidney stones, and she'd done both. The other said she had kidney
stones at the time of one of her deliveries.

I've been through some ****, but I can't even imagine that. I bet she'd be
hell in a bar fight.

Steve

I came down with blood poisoning after the first kidney stone I
had that put me in a hospital out in the middle of The Pacific.
I was shivering in the tropical heat and the fever I developed
killed all the good bugs in my gut which turned me into a jet
boat. A dysentery like ailment is no fun.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Ah, the all male reaction. Got to write about something even worse.
Any good battle wounds? Nonsurgical amputations are always popular.
And African tribal circumcisions tend to draw a crowd of gawkers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf8G-c_eAhs
This one should be fitting for our conversation. Lancing a boil.
Presumbly without anaesthetic.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

That job I was on then gave me one of the kidney stones I passed on
my
own.

TDD

Thank you for even MORE sharing.

You are VERY welcome, wanna read about my swollen lymph nodes? 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sep 26, 7:44*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas "Stormin *wrote in message

[...]

Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
* * * * *(Hebrew quote)

Er... "Hebrew quote" from where? Please give source, chapter, verse.
Doesn't sound right.
Whose is this, anyway? Mormon, or Gunner, or who?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Sep 26, 7:44 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas "Stormin
wrote in message

[...]

Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Er... "Hebrew quote" from where? Please give source, chapter, verse.
Doesn't sound right.
Whose is this, anyway? Mormon, or Gunner, or who?

Reply:

EARTH TO HIGGS!

EARTH TH HIGGS!

REVERSE YOUR METALLIC BEANIE, YOUR POLARITY IS NOT COMPLIANT WITH NORMAL
PARAMETERS!

OVER AND OUT! ...........................

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf8G-c_eAhs

Not too bad
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:50:22 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Sep 26, 7:44*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas "Stormin *wrote in message

[...]

Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
* * * * *(Hebrew quote)

Er... "Hebrew quote" from where? Please give source, chapter, verse.
Doesn't sound right.

No idea. Find it yourself if it irks you.

Whose is this, anyway? Mormon, or Gunner, or who?

Some Jew guy from the attribute.

A sentiment I agree with 100% btw.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/Re...ain-42178-.htm
Jasprt2 wrote:
I had a similar experience - turned out to be the cooling fan motor - not
the relay or the compressor.

Same symptom - compressor would start, run for a few then kick off.
replaced the fan motor and presto.

If yours does not have a cooling fan, try cleaning the dust from the coils.

Ignoramus25344 wrote:

If you recall, a month or so ago I posted about a refrigerator not
working.

The compressor unit in it would keep trying to start and would be
unable to start, tripping an overload relay.

After some "time off" to let the system cool, the fridge
started just
fine. I also replaced a capacitor and relay (which was very cheap and
possibly not needed) and thought that I was done.

However, since yesterday it started having trouble again. Letting it
cool down for a couple of hours would get it started, only to find it
unable to restart a few hours later.

What could be the culprit here? Unlike last time, there is no
emergency, as we have less food and all our food easily fits in
another fridge.

The refrigerator is a Kenmore made by Amana with fancy electronic
front control.