Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Steve" fired this volley in news:i7e9b9$sui$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

What is *YOUR* vocation?? hmm??

I design pyrotechnic effects for the stage trade, sell them to people who
ASK for them, and do NOT bilk people by telling them the effect they
bought for $60.00 two years ago needs to be replaced by a $6,000.00 "new
technology" replacement, or their family will die from CO poisoning.

Instead, if the effect they bought doesn't work right, I replace it for
free -- including shipping.

And y'know what? Nobody who's ever dealt with our company thinks we're
dishonest -- not even the ones who don't prefer ours over another brand.
Why? 1) We've never, ever cheated anyone. 2) We bend over backwards to
save our customers money, instead of pushing more and more stuff down
their throats. The result is, the sales we might have "lost" by not
pushing hard, we gain back in new business by happy referrals.

I can't even think five times when an HVAC guy actually fixed something
that I was happy about it. They overcharge, they seldom fix the problem
on the first try, and always say "the other part won't be in 'til next
Tuesday", they have a cartel/monopoly subsidized by our government, and
they mostly don't know what they're doing.

Now... How are you crooks?

First of all, I can't speak to whether or not you personally are one.
But the company you keep paints you with a broad brush. MOST of the HVAC
"repair" companies in Central Florida have so many black marks against
them with BBB, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and various
"investigative journalists" that it's as likely to find an honest one as
to win the lottery.

They even go so far as to sabotage units so they can declare them junk
and coerce the customer into a replacement.

It's been shown on Central Florida local TV where the so called HVAC
Tech punches a hole in the coil of someone's A/C unit on a hidden
camera. They had the system tested by one company, then called
different companies who ALL wanted over $1000 each to fix imagined or
created problems.

THAT's how "you" are crooks. I never said, "All reefer guys are crooks."

LLoyd

enough left over to pay them.