Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Refrigerator not working again

Ignoramus15834 fired this volley in
:

At that point, if the fridge would not start, this is for sure not ANY
kind of cooling issue, so I will just replace it with another fridge.

Ig... it's not unreasonable for a new start cap to fail. Electronic
parts tend to fail in two regimes -- "infant mortality", and "old age".
If they get past four or five months, they usually last for their rated
lives.

Also, I think you said you replaced the start relay. If it actually IS a
relay (because they call those abominable PTC things "relays", too), then
it's easy to tell if it's working. If, instead, you open the thing up
and find a coin-sized disk of unobtainium with two leads, it's a PTC
thermistor, and prone to all sorts of ills. Replace it with a real
potential relay, and you'll lick the problem (if it's failed).

Even a loose connection between the "relay" and the hermet connector on
the compressor can cause the symptoms you see.

LLoyd