Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

The Daring Dufas wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

The Daring fired this volley in
:

Where did you learn about the famous "frammistan"?

It's in the manual, right next to the page showing the three-pronged
veeblefork.

Where are the muffler bearings?

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as a muffler bearing. A front
wheel drive car may have one to accommodate the movement of a transverse
mounted engine.

It used to be a joke among used care salesmen, when telling people
what was wrong with their trade-ins in the '60s& '70s. "Our mechanic
just informed me that we'll have to take $250 off our offer, since the
muffler bearings are bad..." ;-)

That's why I never traded in a used car, or bought one off a lot.

The other was a joke to confuse the new guy at the parts counter,
when one of the mechanics would tell him he needed a muffler bearing for
a 65 Mustang. Maybe it was a regional thing?

I got real tickled when I heard a parts man call another supplier and
ask for a harmonica balancer for a Chevy V8.

I remember watching the harmonic balancer from the Chevy 283 in my
van rolling up the exit ramp off I-75 at Lima Ohio, after it bounced
around under the engine cover a couple times. I was doing 35 MPH, and
it was outrunning the van.

enough left over to pay them.