Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seven most outrageous HOA rules

No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to fly Old
Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the fungating
pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...ociation-rules

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to fly Old
Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the
fungating pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...ociation-rules

I do not feel sorry for anyone in the HOAs. They should know what they are
getting into when they move in. While I fly an American Flag at my house,
the old man should not have one up or should move out if he wants to fly
one.

Maybe congress should pass a law that lets one fly the flag, over rulling
the HOA. I think they did something like that for the small satellite
dishes.

I would never buy a house with a HOA or in a place that has very many
restrictions. That has been one of my first questions when I buy a house.
Was about 30 years ago for the first house and again about 5 years ago for
the house I now live in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:
-snip-

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the fungating
pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...ociation-rules

If the HOA was formed after they bought their house & they are still
subject to its rules, then I've got sympathy. Otherwise, I don't care
if they've got a dozen MOH's- rules is rules, even when they're
stupid.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to fly Old
Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the
fungating pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...ociation-rules

There is nothing wrong with a HOA having rules and enforcing them. People
who are purchasing in a deed restricted community should read the rules and
accept them BEFORE they buy or buy elsewhere if they are unwilling to abide
by the rules.

Now I will agree that a couple of those 7 in the initial post, link, would
have been "deal killers" for me.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to
fly Old Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the
fungating pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...eowners-associ
ation-rules

I do not feel sorry for anyone in the HOAs. They should know what
they are getting into when they move in. While I fly an American Flag
at my house, the old man should not have one up or should move out if
he wants to fly one.

Maybe congress should pass a law that lets one fly the flag, over
rulling the HOA. I think they did something like that for the small
satellite dishes.

I would never buy a house with a HOA or in a place that has very many
restrictions. That has been one of my first questions when I buy a
house. Was about 30 years ago for the first house and again about 5
years ago for the house I now live in.

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:31:33 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

One HOA president decided he would bang on my garage door. He lives
across the street.

I change plans, grabbed my gun, not knowing who it was. Told the man
he nearly got shot or possibly could have been.

I taught him about "violations".

We live on a well armed street and hold or weapons in dear regard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
(snip)
I would never buy a house with a HOA or in a place that has very many
restrictions. That has been one of my first questions when I buy a
house. Was about 30 years ago for the first house and again about 5
years ago for the house I now live in.

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

No way would I ever buy in an HOA neighborhood, even if I could afford a
house as fancy as they usually are. (If I had that much cash, I'd rather
have a small plain place on ten acres somewhere.) All the petty
politics aside, I don't care for homogenized blah beige subdivisions.
But mainly, if I gonna be paying assesments and such, I may as well
rent. The power to file liens is the power to destroy.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 4:48*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to fly Old
Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the fungating
pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...meowners-assoc...

So what you are saying is they probably would not like the tomato
plants I have in my front yard and the clothes line in the back?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
[...]

The little experince I've had with NAs (not HOA) has been very positive.
Just people trying to keep the neighborhood from going to crap. I didn't
read the NA contract at signing but I would the next time. I mean, who
actually reads all the stuff? g

Jim

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to fly Old
Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the
fungating pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...ociation-rules

I am a property analyst for a licensed reserve study company. We go and
inspect every property that has a HOA at least every five years. There is
an annual update, too. We do not do EVERY one in the state we work in, just
the ones who choose our company. We have done six hundred properties in the
last year and a half.

We go and count the asphalt, sidewalk, curb, landscape, and everything that
a homeowner's dues pays for so that they collect enough money to pay for the
items as they wear out, and so that the homeowner (supposedly) has
accountability for the money they give in dues.

We have nothing to do with the rules, the boards, the board members, the hoa
members, advising either side on issues, we just count beans. There have
been countless times, though, when we did have to inform management or
members of what EXACTLY their CC&R's DID or DID NOT state, as they were
doing something in error. But we just do that, and then they keep on doing
whatever it is they want to do anyway until someone calls them on it.

Still, when we are out there working and taking pictures, we get some doozy
stories of just such things. One fellow took out grass as a money saving
thing with the water department (allowed) but when he replaced it with rock,
the board did not like the shade of rock. He showed me the one he had to
have replaced, and it looked to me very close to the new shade. One old
lady went around with a measuring tape and measured lawns and weeds.

We live at the end of a dirt road way out in rural Utah. I would never ever
buy in a HOA even if I wanted to just live in a place where I didn't have to
do any of the maintenance. A place like that would be okay, but they will
fuss with you about damn near everything you do, right down to the color and
number of flowers.

We have a HOA at our cabin. There are fifteen homeowners, and the dues are
$25 a year. There has never been a meeting since 1984, and there has never
been a dime collected. When something needs done, we just pass the hat, and
get it done. We did have one time when we bought road base to make the mud
a little better. There were two who didn't want to chip in, so guess who's
lots didn't get road base.

It is a requirement now that any housing development with 10 or more houses
must have a HOA. Ah, just what we need. More laws.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving
into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

--
Jim Yanik

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 7:16*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

[...]

Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

LOL, or if they find they don't enjoy some of the rules they run
for one of the positions on the HOA board and they CHANGE
the RULES they DISLIKE...

The problem is that most people in such "communities" fall
into the trapping that "someone else" will take care of the
common areas -- well "someone else" does, the HOA board
officers who can create the rules... Sadly most people paying
into such communities are only concerned with the bottom
line (how much their fees will be) and fail to pay attention to
much of the minutiae of how the little hamster on the wheel
hidden in the back room secretly keeps things running...

By the time they are a subject to a rule they don't like (or its
recent strict enforcement by a newly elected HOA board) it
is too late to fight it, you have to do what you are told until
the next time the HOA board is elected...

It is the SAME EXACT process that happens on the local
city/town municipal government in most of the US... No
one pays much attention to what goes on except for a
few "issue zealots" once the issue of the next year's
tax rates have been determined, everyone goes back into
their 11.5 month coma until the following year leaving
"someone else" (in this case the people who got elected
into local offices or appointed to local boards/committees)
to mind the store totally in control of what goes on with
input mostly from those crazy "issue zealots" who come
to every meeting complaining of some malady that happened
to them six months ago that they "keep reliving in their mind"
and bother enough of those in charge that they pass a new
ordinance to get rid of the person...

Like the little old lady who stepped in dog mess once and
keeps coming in until there is an ordinance with some teeth
to it, like a $200 fine or jail time for violations because she
had to throw away her favorite pair of old people shoes...

Or the cat lady who had a stray dog come up on her porch
that wants all dogs to in kennels/pens or on a leash because
that one stray mean old doggie scared her and the unholy
pack of cats she keeps cooped up in her house...

Such is life in America -- whether its your HOA or your local
government, your disinterest in the minutiae of daily life gives
the people that step forward to shoulder the burdens of
dealing with such things extraordinary power they would not
otherwise have if everyone they had authority over paid some
attention to what was going on more than they do now...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving
into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

--
Jim Yanik

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

I think that's called buying a pig in a poke. If I just *had* to
have that property-- but they wouldn't let me see it before I bought
it, I wouldn't close. [and *it* can be the property or the bylaws-
no difference] No sympathy from this quarter- no matter how draconian
their HOA is.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
[...]

The issue is NOT flying the American flag, it is erecting his own
flagpole. Years ago, it was a constant issue in Florida until they got
around to changing the statutes so that condo owners may display one
flag (US, state or military service, IIRC)....heck, Florida even got
around to passing a statute that says a condo board member can't serve
if they are delinquent in their maint. assessments.

My hat is off to people who serve in the military, but they aren't more
special than anyone else. If the old geezer wants his own rules, he
should start his own country. It bugs the heck out of me when people
think their fairly-unique circumstances give them a pass on obeying laws
(condo and HOA rules have the standing of law).
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
(snip)
[...]

In my area in Florida, the choice likely will come down to either an HOA
or a cluster of dirt (sand) roads, shacks, five vehicles and four pit
bulls per residence....there isn't a lot of in-between in unincorporated
areas )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:26:19 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote Re Seven most outrageous HOA
rules:

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

The proper protocol in a case like this is to refuse to close.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:26:19 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote Re Seven most outrageous HOA
rules:

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the
CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

The proper protocol in a case like this is to refuse to close.
--

Why would you even place an offer without thoroughly reviewing the rules?

Posted to alt.home.repair

They must enjoy being victimized, then?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the
CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would, if mine was dirty. Machine wash warm, non-bleach laundry
stuff. Clothes line dry.

I'd also (respectfully) cut up and burn a flag, if it was beyond
useful life. Lot of things are proper, if done with respect. I think
it's the American Legion, that has flag disposal for worn out flags. I
remember from some where, they burn the old ones. With respect, of
course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

While we're on the subject, is it proper to wash the American flag?
Our
fire trucks carry large flags and some get quite dirty. Hubby and I
donated a couple of new ones for a 9/11 anniversary, but they are
rather
expensive. I'd offer to take the flags home and wash them if it was
okay. Hate to see it displayed the wrong way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I'd also (respectfully) cut up and burn a flag, if it was beyond
useful life. Lot of things are proper, if done with respect. I think
it's the American Legion, that has flag disposal for worn out flags. I
remember from some where, they burn the old ones. With respect, of
course.

Most VFWs will also take worn out flags. I had one get caught in a bad
windstorm and tore up pretty badly. Took it the local VFW for disposal,
they said they had a couple of members who could sew it up and would I
be upset if they just repaired and gave it to a Vet who was not really
able to buy one on his own. I said "sure"... and then went to the
nearest WalMart and bought ten new ones and gave them to the Post.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

then went to the
nearest WalMart and bought ten new ones and gave them to the Post.

Even the american flag is made in china now. that's just not right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

My hat is off to people who serve in the military, but they aren't more
special than anyone else. If the old geezer wants his own rules, he
should start his own country. It bugs the heck out of me when people
think their fairly-unique circumstances give them a pass on obeying laws
(condo and HOA rules have the standing of law).

ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I would, if mine was dirty. Machine wash warm, non-bleach laundry
stuff. Clothes line dry.

I'd also (respectfully) cut up and burn a flag, if it was beyond
useful life. Lot of things are proper, if done with respect. I think
it's the American Legion, that has flag disposal for worn out flags. I
remember from some where, they burn the old ones. With respect, of
course.

That is why I asked...I'm aware that AL will retire old flags. Those we
donated were pretty expensive, with embroidered stars, so did not want
to burn them if they could be cleaned and used again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:43:34 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

then went to the
nearest WalMart and bought ten new ones and gave them to the Post.

Even the american flag is made in china now. that's just not right.

Not mine.
http://www.annin.com/about.asp

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote

[...]

Thank you, Jim, for all your tender mercies and sympathy. I wasn't asking
for them, but only relating a story that had to do with the thread.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:26:19 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote Re Seven most outrageous HOA
rules:

Some friends of mine bought a condo, and were not given a copy of the
CC&R's
until AFTER closing, even though they requested one before.

The proper protocol in a case like this is to refuse to close.

Well, apparently not to some people.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
" wrote:
-snip-
The issue is NOT flying the American flag, it is erecting his own
flagpole.

Exactly.

-snip-

My hat is off to people who serve in the military, but they aren't more
special than anyone else.

Exactly-- and I'm one of them. I don't even care if you're Chesty
friggin' Puller-- as a citizen, you follow the rules, especially when
you put yourself under them voluntarily.

If the old geezer wants his own rules, he
should start his own country. It bugs the heck out of me when people
think their fairly-unique circumstances give them a pass on obeying laws
(condo and HOA rules have the standing of law).

He doesn't need to start a country-- he just has to move out of the
HOA. My neighbor and I do pretty much what we want-- and if one of
us infringes on the other beyond what we can stand [1 each in 25
years] we discuss it & work around it.

I don't understand why anyone would want to live in a development, let
alone an HOA controlled environment-- but 'different strokes' & all
that. But once you make that choice, you've made it. Live with the
rules or move.

Jim

However, that is not the current state of politics, rights, or mindsets.
The rules must be changed to adjust to every individual, or it is
discrimination. Don't you read the papers? ;-)

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I'd also (respectfully) cut up and burn a flag, if it was beyond
useful life. Lot of things are proper, if done with respect. I think
it's the American Legion, that has flag disposal for worn out flags. I
remember from some where, they burn the old ones. With respect, of
course.

That's nothing. Some people in cults cut up and burn their own underwear in
ceremonies............... All while doing the secret salute, mind you.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

then went to the
nearest WalMart and bought ten new ones and gave them to the Post.

Even the american flag is made in china now. that's just not right.

We have a very nice cotton flag that was made in the USA. It has a letter
with it that it was flown on July 4th, 1976 over the White House. The
letter is autosigned by (ugh) Jimmy Carter. We are going to donate it to
our church when they finish their new building, having it put in a glass
display frame first, and with the letter on display. I hate to see it leave
our house, but I'd like a lot of people to see it, and right now, it's
sleeping in a safe.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote

The little experince I've had with NAs (not HOA) has been very positive.
Just people trying to keep the neighborhood from going to crap. I didn't
read the NA contract at signing but I would the next time. I mean, who
actually reads all the stuff? g

Jim

WE do, as investigators and agents of property management companies. Mainly
to see what exactly the HOA dues fund is specifically responsible for, but
then we get all this other stuff:

We have come up with such interesting things as:
A property being listed as located in two different cities and the county.
(This is common with lazy cut and pasters.)
Pool maintenance being delegated to the HOA, when there was no pool.
Rules that visitors under the age of 10 years old could not park their cars
on the street, but must use designated parking.
Rules that specified the exact shade of red that was to be used for curbs,
using some international color code.
Rules to standardize doorbell buttons.
Rules to standardize the light bulbs you can use at the entrance of your
home. (No bug lights.)
Rules that go into very intricate details about how you can put out your
garbage, and what hours you can put it out, and how much time you have to
bring your cans back in.
The type and color of cans you can use.
The power washing of cans regularly.
The amount of smoke one can put out from an outdoor cooking device, and the
hours one can put it out.
The proper procedure, timing, and way to pick up and dispose of pet waste,
even going in to details when the waste is of the consistency that it cannot
be picked up, in which case it must be hosed down into the lawn for certain
distance from the point of "deposit."
The outlawing or requiring of peepholes in doors.
The color of exterior doorknobs.
Pool attire, including shoes, and the outlawing of some types of robes and
towels that have sayings on them.
Rules on bathing caps in the pool, and the banning of them inside
clubhouses.

You get the idea. I could go on for hours.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

I do not feel sorry for anyone in the HOAs. They should know what they
are getting into when they move in. While I fly an American Flag at my
house, the old man should not have one up or should move out if he wants
to fly one.

Well, one problem is that the "government" changed the rules and essentially
gave the HOAs a green light for just about any foolishment they can think
of.

Pre-1990 or so, they were just a convenience to provide a structure to
maintain the roads which (because of 2nd rate construction) could not be
turned over to the government.

The courts used to protect that individual owners from HOA excesses but now
if the letter of the agreement is adhered to, they can do just about
anything. For example, where we own, the HOA decided to take away 2 of our
4 parking spaces even when all 4 were on out lot.

We spent a few $1k in legal bills but the bottom line is that today, they
are a law unto themselves.

In the late 80s, a circuit court judge affirmed my right to keep folks from
parking on our property without our permission but that has changed

Now that same HOA wants the right to approve tenants! They demand $20 to
"screen" prospects.

As the Jews say, "Never Again."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:21:22 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Sample: Stars are pointed a certain direction - different if displayed
north or south, east or west -- stationary on you home.

Don't the stars always go up, except when hoisted upside down as a sign of
distress? Doesn't the wind determine which way the stars point?

U.S. Code

TITLE 4 CHAPTER 1 § 7

Position and manner of display

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/4/...7----000-.html

§ 8. Respect for flag

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/4/...8----000-.html

Found this about HOA's *

FREEDOM TO DISPLAY THE AMERICAN FLAG
Pub. L. 109-243, July 24, 2006, 120 Stat. 572, provided that:

"SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
"This Act may be cited as the 'Freedom to Display the American
Flag Act of 2005'.

"SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
"For purposes of this Act -
"(1) the term 'flag of the United States' has the meaning
given
the term 'flag, standard, colors, or ensign' under section 3 of
title 4, United States Code;
"(2) the terms 'condominium association' and 'cooperative
association' have the meanings given such terms under section
604
of Public Law 96-399 (15 U.S.C. 3603);
"(3) the term 'residential real estate management association'
has the meaning given such term under section 528 of the
Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 528); and
"(4) the term 'member' -
"(A) as used with respect to a condominium association,
means
an owner of a condominium unit (as defined under section 604
of
Public Law 96-399 (15 U.S.C. 3603)) within such association;
"(B) as used with respect to a cooperative association,
means
a cooperative unit owner (as defined under section 604 of
Public Law 96-399 (15 U.S.C. 3603)) within such association;
and
"(C) as used with respect to a residential real estate
management association, means an owner of a residential
property within a subdivision, development, or similar area
subject to any policy or restriction adopted by such
association.

"SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.
"A condominium association, cooperative association, or
residential real estate management association may not adopt or
enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would
restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying
the
flag of the United States on residential property within the
association with respect to which such member has a separate
ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

"SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS.
"Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display
or
use that is inconsistent with -
"(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States
Code,
or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of
the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such
chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or
"(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place,
or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary
to protect a substantial interest of the condominium
association,
cooperative association, or residential real estate management
association."

-End-

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/04C1.txt

Outrageous Outpouring of Money!! $1000s a Day!! [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 18th 07 12:15 AM
Mom's outrageous water meter readings!!! [email protected] Home Ownership 5 December 27th 06 02:07 PM
MLB Bat Rules Tom Watson Woodworking 24 April 17th 06 04:08 PM
Whirlpool A&E FACTORY SERVICE Outrageous pricing Uncle Ziba Home Repair 6 March 10th 06 04:08 AM
was gonna buy it but shipping was just outrageous... Silvan Woodworking 42 January 9th 05 06:00 PM