Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Seven most outrageous HOA rules

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
(snip)
I would never buy a house with a HOA or in a place that has very many
restrictions. That has been one of my first questions when I buy a
house. Was about 30 years ago for the first house and again about 5
years ago for the house I now live in.

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

No way would I ever buy in an HOA neighborhood, even if I could afford a
house as fancy as they usually are. (If I had that much cash, I'd rather
have a small plain place on ten acres somewhere.) All the petty
politics aside, I don't care for homogenized blah beige subdivisions.
But mainly, if I gonna be paying assesments and such, I may as well
rent. The power to file liens is the power to destroy.

--
aem sends...