Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Seven most outrageous HOA rules

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
No-flag rule:

"After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama
administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once
singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed in his quest to
fly Old Glory."

But here's a list of seven homeowners who did not prevail over the
fungating pustules that are HOAs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/104...eowners-associ
ation-rules

I do not feel sorry for anyone in the HOAs. They should know what
they are getting into when they move in. While I fly an American Flag
at my house, the old man should not have one up or should move out if
he wants to fly one.

Maybe congress should pass a law that lets one fly the flag, over
rulling the HOA. I think they did something like that for the small
satellite dishes.

I would never buy a house with a HOA or in a place that has very many
restrictions. That has been one of my first questions when I buy a
house. Was about 30 years ago for the first house and again about 5
years ago for the house I now live in.

I don't believe you CAN know just what you're getting into when moving into
a HOA neighborhood. The HOA committees can be unpredictable and
capricious,and also political. Get one board member ticked off at you,and
you'll be getting notices for all sorts of "violations" that others aren't
getting.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik