Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

I doubt human lung power would do the job. A pump top garden
sprayer, and some duct tape, and the end off a garden hose,
maybe. And a couple hose clamps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
How many lungs full of air would it take to blow the
antifreeze into the
pipes? Let's get all mathy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some thoughtful people have vast ideas. Some people have
half vast ideas.

We won't know until later, if the pipes are all, or half
full. I'm not sure I want to, but may half to take a chance.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:36:13 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's my concern. Might be horizontal pipes with sags.

As long as the low parts are not more than half filled with
water they
are unlikely to burst. Same goes with traps. If there is
only enough
water to half fill the bottom of the trap, they usually
won't split.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but as we can see at the web
site below, many religions include some very odd practices. Is there
anything in the Mormon religion which prohibits the draining of pipes?

http://listverse.com/2007/08/13/10-w...ous-practices/

But the chicken thing seems just as weird as the e-meter. :-)

LOL! That e-meter is nothing more than a Ouija board. That's not really
fair to say that though...to the Ouija board.

Posted to alt.home.repair

use compressed air to blow out all the water lines, after first
draining them........

or wait till spring and upgrade to PEX, which will be far cheaper than
replacing copper.

and when the plaster cracks from the expansion and contranction it
wouldnt matter, since walls and cielings will have to be opened to
acceess leaking lines.

hey and replace some appliances,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pretty much sounds like a bull**** story.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
They slept through the sounds of someone stealing their pipes??? How drunk
were these people? Or, are they simply deaf?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I hope the house will have the copper pipes, when we return.
I do know of one family who had that happen late night while
the family slept. I know the man in question, and he was a
bit crude mouthed when he got up and found he didn't have
any water to make his morning cup o'joe. Plus the cost of
replacing the pipes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:35:29 -0800

vacant homes are often arson targets, and if homeowners
wasnt told
home was vacant no coverage

These days, stealing the copper plumbing to sell for scrap
is a big
issue with unoccupied homes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Tony wrote in news:7o9qloF3ou993U1
@mid.individual.net:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Friend of mine, is acting as caretaker for a family member's
house. The power got shut off, and the house is cold inside.
Down to 37, last he checked. Four burneers on the stove for
an hour raises the temp two entire degrees.

Last night, we put RV antifreeze in the drain traps.

I'm hoping you bought RV type antifreeze and not automobile type. You
don't want to flush auto stuff down the drains to contaminate the water
supply.

OK, OK, I see it! Gawd, please help me read more betterer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I hold the owner in high regard. I'm not totally sure who
has the paper for the house. But, the fellow I'm working
with is a very fine person.Who has had more disasters and
setbacks than any man should. Perhaps some to his credit,
and some are just life's challenges.

Sadly, the rental house is 45 minute or so drive from me,
and a part of the world I never go on work. So, I don't have
the "well, I'm going that way any way" excuse. And the place
is locked up, I'd have to ask for the key. He keeps "not
wanting to impose".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
I say do nothing, which will prove or disprove at least one
theory. :-) How
much do you like the owner?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Who can tell? The BS artist who told me this, he's told some
windies. But, then, I've heard of some really strange stuff
in the city.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
They slept through the sounds of someone stealing their
pipes??? How drunk
were these people? Or, are they simply deaf?

Posted to alt.home.repair

He also says they got a dog some time after the pipes in the
cellar came up missing. I've heard of AC units getting
stripped while at the curb side. Actually, I've driven past
and seen curbside AC with the copper yanked out. And the
copper coil from TV sets, those get yanked.

Who can tell?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
They slept through the sounds of someone stealing their
pipes??? How
drunk were these people? Or, are they simply deaf?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I finally gave up on the friendship, after the third time in
a couple months that I got sick from contact. Twice was they
didn't tell me the 5 year old nephew had a cold, and the
other time was when he fixed me a salmonella burger. So, I'm
no longer in contact.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
I can tell. Your friend needs to get to an AA meeting, and
quick.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message