Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

Shhh... you'll interrupt his confusion.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
wrote in message
you never want sewer gas to be allowed in your home!!

sewer gas can have gasoline, natural gas and other
explosive vapors
besides bad stink.

the cost of antifreeze is low, the cost of fixing the
damage can be a
killer

I thought this section of the thread was about using a
compressor to blast
residual water out of THE SUPPLY PIPES, and whether there
were people who
would provide this service.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 11, 5:04�pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Shhh... you'll interrupt his confusion.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
�www.lds.org
.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
... wrote in message

you never want sewer gas to be allowed in your home!!

sewer gas can have gasoline, natural gas and other
explosive vapors
besides bad stink.

the cost of antifreeze is low, the cost of fixing the
damage can be a
killer

I thought this section of the thread was about using a
compressor to blast
residual water out of THE SUPPLY PIPES, and whether there
were people who
would provide this service.

plumbers are the ideal people to winterize homes. costly but
knowledgable. and on the hook to fix stuff they miss, come spring

locally they have been busy winterizing closed car dealerships.......

and closed stores in general. this will probably get more common after
the first of bthe year when more stores go belly up
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - and welfare people

DKX was become pretty much useless, although I think they have an old school
R&B show on Sundays.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm not much interested in rock, nor rap and black on 104,
is it DKX?

Yeah, white hots are closer to sausage. Not heard of that
brand, probably cause they aren't commonly found.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
- Only deaf people listen to WCMF. They intentionally induce
distortion into
their signal. Sounds like a phonograph needle with a ball of
dust on it.

- White hots are not hot dogs. The only real hot dogs are
made by Sabrett
and Hebrew National, and are apparently illegal around here.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
And the cows. You're right, people talk about NYS like
it's
all Bronx.

Do you wake up with the wease on 96? Do you know what a
white hot is? Is lilac festival a reason to wear snow
gear?
Does the Breeze make you groan, for wasted tax payer
money?
Is a corn hill festival a place to get sunburn, or get
AIDS?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - in New York

I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has come to almost a
complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping them away. I've
tried absolutely EVERYTHING. The only thing that will work is not legal in
my neighborhood, unfortunately. I've come home from my band gigs at 2:30 AM
and found 8-10 of them standing in my driveway, looking at me like "What do
you think you're doing here?" Last 4th of July, I was carrying my handgun
when I came home, and I could've gotten a perfect head shot if it had been
earlier and people were still setting off fireworks.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Wow, that's a lot like work. How many deer did you hit, this
year, in Durand? Do you support feeding the deer, or
shooting? Did the "police snipers" do OK?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
There are a few of those vertical driveways on the west side
of Irondequoit
Bay, but they're year-round homes. A couple have 149 steps
to get down from
the street. "Honey - we have to tip the movers $500
each...." :-)

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
When I was a little guy, we used to vacation in the
Adirondaks. Fishing, and get away from it all. The cabins
we
rented had no insulation. I'm sure they had to be drained
and had the pipes blown out for winter. Many in the finger
lakes, likely the same way. I've been to some homes where
the driveway is vertical, and I've had to pray for safety
on
the way in, or the way out. Winter? Forget it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My sister used to live in the edge of the city. One neighbor
of hers didn't like the woodchuck (groundhog) in the yard.
There was unspoken agreement, every now and again he'd pop
the latest woodchuck with .22RF using shorts or CB caps or
whatever. Some of the ligher loaded rimfire are barely
audible. I've heard that if the muzzle is a foot or so
inside the (open, silly) window, it keeps slight bit of
noise indoors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has
come to almost a
complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping
them away. I've
tried absolutely EVERYTHING. The only thing that will work
is not legal in
my neighborhood, unfortunately. I've come home from my band
gigs at 2:30 AM
and found 8-10 of them standing in my driveway, looking at
me like "What do
you think you're doing here?" Last 4th of July, I was
carrying my handgun
when I came home, and I could've gotten a perfect head shot
if it had been
earlier and people were still setting off fireworks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used to like the Bee, but their country western sounds too
much like rock.

Ah, well. Can't win. Society changes, and I change also.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...
DKX was become pretty much useless, although I think they
have an old school
R&B show on Sundays.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Unfortunately, other people's houses are much too close to use any sort of
rifle here. And a .22 would just annoy the deer, although I know for a fact
that within a few hours, someone in this newsgroup will share an exception
that's as likely to reoccur as it is for Mick Jagger to stop by my house for
a beer.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:
I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has come to almost a
complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping them away. I've
tried absolutely EVERYTHING.

My wife sprays "Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent". It does work.
It smells like rotten eggs when sprayed on, but the smell dissipates
within a minute or so.
The deer have left the sprayed plants alone, and after a while, the deer
learn that there is nothing appetizing there, so they don't even come close.

[...]

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:
I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has come to
almost a complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping them
away. I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING.

My wife sprays "Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent". It does work. It
smells like rotten eggs when sprayed on, but the smell dissipates within a
minute or so.
The deer have left the sprayed plants alone, and after a while, the deer
learn that there is nothing appetizing there, so they don't even come
close.

Tried it. They laughed at it and ate half the branches off a rugosa rose. Do
you have any idea how many thorns are on a well-grown rugosa? These deer are
all named Rambo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:
I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has come to
almost a complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping them
away. I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING.

My wife sprays "Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent". It does work. It
smells like rotten eggs when sprayed on, but the smell dissipates within a
minute or so.
The deer have left the sprayed plants alone, and after a while, the deer
learn that there is nothing appetizing there, so they don't even come
close.

Tried it. They laughed at it and ate half the branches off a rugosa rose. Do
you have any idea how many thorns are on a well-grown rugosa? These deer are
all named Rambo.

Well, the deer were there before you were. And since humans got rid of
the natural predators, and only replaced predation in part with
automotive depopulation, it isn't surprising the population is spiking.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

Funny thing about humans, they have anti-predators known as
Tree Hugging Democrats. They prevent predation which causes
all kinds of pesky animal species to invade human habitats
after the animal populations increase exponentially.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The other group, known as conservatives. Strikes terror into
the first group's heart by owning long things that make loud
noise. And which make deer into venison. This scares the
first group so much, the huddle together in closed door
meetings, and write words on paper which prevent the second
group from scaring them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

Well, the deer were there before you were. And since
humans got rid of
the natural predators, and only replaced predation in part
with
automotive depopulation, it isn't surprising the
population is spiking.

--
aem sends...

Funny thing about humans, they have anti-predators known as
Tree Hugging Democrats. They prevent predation which causes
all kinds of pesky animal species to invade human habitats
after the animal populations increase exponentially.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:45:53 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

Lack of predators is not the reason for exploding populations of deer
and some other animals. Deer are not "deep forest" animals. They are
"edge dwellers". They live where forests meet clearings. Clearing land
for houses creates a lot more forest edges.

We have created excessive deer habitat, and the deer have just filled
the places we created.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The other group, known as conservatives. Strikes terror into
the first group's heart by owning long things that make loud
noise. And which make deer into venison. This scares the
first group so much, the huddle together in closed door
meetings, and write words on paper which prevent the second
group from scaring them.

And if a giant corporation clear-cuts the woods, there won't be any deer
to aim at. Or they will all be in your back yard, munching in your
garden )

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

There is nothing like a corn field to fatten deer ) And the most
expensive building sites are.........wooded?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like an opportunity for a big harvest of tasty Bambi steaks.
I see a large chain of Bambi Burger joints popping up nationwide.
This could be the stimulus for our economy by creating a great many
jobs. Transportation, refrigeration, manufacture of guns and ammunition,
construction, food preparation equipment and lets not forget all of
the personnel needed to service and maintain all of this new equipment
and facilities. Darn, the present administration has already said that
they don't want all new jobs to go to white males. Looks like I'll have
to wait another 3 years or so. What am I gonna do for stimulus? Well,
there is The Interweb. *snicker*

TDD