Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

I need to buy a kitchen sink faucet. My present one has one handle and
a separate sprayer: I am used to it, so I'd go with that. However, I
would like the spout to be high, to accommodate bigger pots in the
sink.

A few questions-

Finish: Which ones are longest lasting and best resist fading or damage
during regular use?

Brand: Where is the best value for most trouble free operation?

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Many thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We just bought new kitchen faucets as our hot water stopped coming out
of it.

The new one has 1 handle for hot, 1 for cold, 1 spray and a a high
spout. We have 1 sink.

We shopped around at hardware stores plumbing supplies but could not
find what we were looking for. It looks like stainless steel or chrome.
We finally bought a Danze, it comes with a life time waranty, if you
send in the card to register with them.
They have a website also.

shirleyann

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to Sam's club, they have a very nice fixture with a separate sprayer for
$50. We're using it and are very happy. I've seen it recently in Wheeling,
Evanston, and V. Hills Sam's stores.

"Shirley ann" wrote in message
We just bought new kitchen faucets as our hot water stopped coming out
of it.

The new one has 1 handle for hot, 1 for cold, 1 spray and a a high
spout. We have 1 sink.

We shopped around at hardware stores plumbing supplies but could not
find what we were looking for. It looks like stainless steel or chrome.
We finally bought a Danze, it comes with a life time waranty, if you
send in the card to register with them.
They have a website also.

shirleyann

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Ajanta" wrote in message
I need to buy a kitchen sink faucet. My present one has one handle and
a separate sprayer: I am used to it, so I'd go with that. However, I
would like the spout to be high, to accommodate bigger pots in the
sink.

A few questions-

Finish: Which ones are longest lasting and best resist fading or damage
during regular use?

Brand: Where is the best value for most trouble free operation?

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Many thanks.

Everyone's got their own opinions about brands, but I've always been happy
with Moen products. I bought this kitchen faucet for the same reason you
mentioned:
http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr...kurefno=229634

Go to www.moen.com and click on the "where to buy" link. I used 60608 as zip
code, and searched for "home centers" and "distinctive showrooms". I got the
results below. You should try whatever zip code is more specific to your
location.

Don't assume that "distinctive showrooms" means "most expensive". I actually
got the best price on my faucet from a place like that here, and it was a
special order item for them.

N TUREK & SONS SUPPLY COMPANY
1333 S JEFFERSON ST
CHICAGO, IL 60607-5035 US

1.73 miles away
Map
Driving Directions

DUMORE SUPPLY
2525 S WABASH AVE
CHICAGO, IL 60616-2308 US

2.3 miles away
Map
Driving Directions

HOME DEPOT
4555 S WESTERN BLVD
CHICAGO, IL 60609-3028 US

2.79 miles away
Map
Driving Directions

MEYERS ACE HARDWARE
315 E 35TH ST
CHICAGO, IL 60616-3927 US

2.94 miles away
Map
Driving Directions

FRONCZAK HARDWARE
2606-08 W 47TH ST
CHICAGO, IL 60632-1397 US

3.07 miles away
Map
Driving Directions

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

I have a Moen single handle faucet with the spray in the center. The
single handle has broken off twice but it is an easy repair. The big
problem is with the chrome plate which has started to peel off the
plastic faucet. This is often sharp and has cut several hands. I file
the edges off from time to time. I believe this would be a problem with
most brands since they are all chrome plated plastic these days. Stay
away from chrome, pay the slightly extra price for stainless steel.
Dave

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Moen single handle faucet with the spray in the center. The
single handle has broken off twice but it is an easy repair. The big
problem is with the chrome plate which has started to peel off the
plastic faucet. This is often sharp and has cut several hands. I file
the edges off from time to time. I believe this would be a problem with
most brands since they are all chrome plated plastic these days. Stay
away from chrome, pay the slightly extra price for stainless steel.
Dave

Which parts of your faucet are plastic?

I went with Moen for two more faucets, after a good experience with their
customer service. The plastic dip tube in my water heater was defective. It
was deteriorating and sending plastic crumbs into the pipes. The plumber who
repaired it suggested that I check the internals of all the faucets, because
the crumbs had a tendency to lodge themselves in small places and cause
trouble.

In order to be prepared ahead of time in case I needed parts, I went to the
Moen site and emailed them for the correct cartridge model number for my
shower faucet. The email page requested name, address & phone number.
Instead of emailing a response, I got a phone call. The person gave me the
part number, but said they were shipping a new one for free. I explained
that the problem had nothing to do with their product, and that I didn't
expect anything for free. She said she wanted to save me the trouble of
actually finding the part. It was shipped UPS 2nd day air.

I haven't had problems with the chrome on any of their products. Have you
called them about it?

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article , Ajanta
wrote:

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Two gems:

Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta
wrote:

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Two gems:

Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Two gems:

Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around
Addison/belmont

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article , you say...
"trent" wrote in message

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

I can, because my builder went with the cheapest faucet Moen makes (or at
least, damn near it):

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr...formation.cfm?
skurefno=231678
http://tinyurl.com/ygndfc

No volume control, just temp. Moen does make plenty of more convential faucets
that can do both, you may just need to go somewhere better than Home Depot to
find them.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" wrote in message
. net...
In article , you say...
"trent" wrote in message

[...]

That's bizarre. I wonder if Moen is hiring out of work engineers from the 3
American car makers.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

I don't know the model number/name- but, no, that's what this model
does. You turn the thing, the water comes on, and you can adjust the
temp (only). And, according to my wife (-caveat), "you can't get a
model with adjustable pressure". Which I believe to be false, but I'm
not a builder...

trebt
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"trent" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

Go to www.moen.com, get the phone number, and call Moen. The big home
improvement stores generally don't carry much variety in the Moen product
line. You'll need to go to a real store, staffed by humans.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default shower handle temp and volume (was - Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?)

trent wrote:
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta
wrote:

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Two gems:

Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent

I've been wondering the same thing. I remember I used to have the kind
where it turns to adjust temperature, and you pull out - push in for
on/off and volume. But when I went to get a new one for a remodel, it
seemed that all the pressure-balancing ones had temp control only.
Similar teardrop-shaped handle, but it only turns, does not push
in-out. I'm wondering if the pressure-balancing feature (that keeps
the temp constant when someone flushes a toilet or starts the washing
machine while you're showering) is incompatible with flow control
somehow. -- H

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article , trent wrote:

this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

make him take a shower like a big boy

baths are for ****ing around like it's a pool

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

Try this:

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...ssy0xPLMnMz0vM
0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_ QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/delta/bas
e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUW hDRUlRakdFSnpoQkMvNEp
GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL 3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaXN0ZW5lc
g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T170 30&PC_7_C_A86_function=TubSh
ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProdu ctDetail&PC_7_C_A86_collecti
on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProd uctDetail.do#7_C_A86

They have others that have it as well.

CWM

holy ****, that link actually worked
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:52:09 -0600, kenji wrote:

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...Pykssy0xPLMnMz
0vM
0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_ QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/delta/
bas
e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUW hDRUlRakdFSnpoQkMv
NEp
GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL 3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaXN0ZW
5lc
g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T170 30&PC_7_C_A86_function=Tu
bSh
ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProdu ctDetail&PC_7_C_A86_colle
cti
on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProd uctDetail.do#7_C_A86

They have others that have it as well.

CWM

holy ****, that link actually worked

The trick to posting long links in usenet or in an email is to put a
at the beginning and a at the end. That prevents the link from
wrapping, which is what breaks them.

CWM

get the **** out of here, I had no clue!
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

This is a major peeve of mine also. The new shower faucets (from most all
manufacturers) are a single control design that go from off to on through cold,
then add hot as you continue to rotate the handle. Think turning a bolt.

There is no way to a) set a prefered temp and then adjust the volume or b)
reduce the volume for anything other that full cold.

It seriously sucks.
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Rick Blaine" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full
force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

This is a major peeve of mine also. The new shower faucets (from most all
manufacturers) are a single control design that go from off to on through
cold,
then add hot as you continue to rotate the handle. Think turning a bolt.

There is no way to a) set a prefered temp and then adjust the volume or b)
reduce the volume for anything other that full cold.

It seriously sucks.

Probably the result of a litigious society in which morons control the
market because they're unable to figure how to adjust water temperature. I
see a market here.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

The whole faucet is chrome plated plastic. The internal valves
themselves might be brass but evrything else is plastic coated with a
thin layer of chrome that eventually begins to peel off.
Dave

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Dave" wrote in message
ps.com...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

That's weird. All 3 of mine are metal, except for the side mounted sprayer
on the kitchen setup. That's the newest faucet, about 1 year old. I wonder
if they make different product lines (like other manufacturers do) for
different kinds of dealers.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "trent" wrote in message
: ...
: kenji wrote:
:
: In article , Ajanta
:
: wrote:
:
[...]

Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off
switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down the
flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at the
head for shampooing).

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "trent" wrote in message
: ...
: kenji wrote:
:
: In article , Ajanta
:
: wrote:
:
[...]

I had one of those. When I slowed down the flow, the temp changed
drastically. Lousy design, I guess.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
: ...
: In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: : "trent" wrote in message
: : ...
: : kenji wrote:
: :
: : In article , Ajanta
: :
: : wrote:
: :
[...]

Hmmmm... your saying yours only filtered out the hot water?

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
: ...
: In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: : "trent" wrote in message
: : ...
: : kenji wrote:
: :
: : In article , Ajanta
: :
: : wrote:
: :
[...]

No - the water got hotter. Not pure hot, but enough to make me pay attention
and wonder what its next trick might me.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Ajanta" wrote in message
I need to buy a kitchen sink faucet. My present one has one handle and
a separate sprayer: I am used to it, so I'd go with that. However, I
would like the spout to be high, to accommodate bigger pots in the
sink.

So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be
pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even
the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black)
will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been
mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your
sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.

Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home
Depot but they're often cheaper. (Aaaaagh, there goes that infernal jingle
in my head again - 'you save big money, you save big money, when you shop
Menards' -- you'll hear that a few dozen times if you visit a Menards store
for an hour.)

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

The answer that makes sense. Which brings us back to Kenji's "real"
store.

Thanks for the confirmation of what little I know about Home
Despot/Menards.

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

kenji wrote:

In article , trent wrote:

this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

make him take a shower like a big boy

baths are for ****ing around like it's a pool

Shower like I do, under the hose.

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

Which is why I KNOW they still make them- normal people still want them.

Maybe they make you sign a waiver at the store now...

trent

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

They have the Internet on computers now, too...

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Kk wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...Sj9SPykssy0xPL
[...]

nice timely reply

What's the standard reply time?

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

trent wrote:

Kk wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

11:36 AM local time.

--
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and
woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

clifto wrote:

trent wrote:

Kk wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

Oh- duh. My clock was set to daylight reply time.

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

trent wrote:
clifto wrote:

trent wrote:

Kk wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

Typical alcoholic excuse ...

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Tushar Samant wrote:

trent wrote:
clifto wrote:

trent wrote:

Kk wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

kenji wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:17:19 -0600, trent
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"trent" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta

wrote:

[...]

Oh, damn- that's right. I could be drinking. TYFT!

trent
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

: Go to www.moen.com and click on the "where to buy" link. I used 60608 as zip
: code, and searched for "home centers" and "distinctive showrooms". I got the
: results below. You should try whatever zip code is more specific to your
: location...

Thanks. Moen is a highly recommended brand and I am considering some of
their models seriously (7430, 7460, 7480, can't tell difference among
them, I picked up thes e#s from different websites) and 7840. A
peculiar thing about Moen website is that when you clic on one model
number more more info, you get "page is unavailable".

There is incredible deal on a Danze model which, in steel version (list
$181) is being cleared dor around $40. But I don't the quality of the
brand.

A Home Depot person was ranking American Standard and Kohler as being
better made than Moen, but Delta even lower. Just one man's opinion, of
course, but he was working the HD's kitchen department.
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

kenji wrote:

: Two gems:
: Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont

Thanks. Gerber seemed rather upscale. However, Remodelers Supply (it is
on 2500 N Pulaski though) is a nice(r?) alternative to Home Depot and
Menards in the sense that they have good selection/price *and* it is
easy to get someone to help you.
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

HiTech RedNeck wrote:

: So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be
: pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even
: the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black)
: will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been
: mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your
: sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.

For many reasons (and this includes other family members as well) we
have settled on a one handle + separate sprayer design. The debate now
is whether to pay up to 50% extra for stainless steel or live with
chrome. (Nobody I talked to can relate to the "plastic problem" at all;
maybe Dave has an old model, or some special run Moen did for some
retailer, or maybe a Moen knock-off, I can't guess.)

: Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home
: Depot but they're often cheaper.

Both HD and Menards were supremely unattractive (they may be ok if I
know just which model I want, but then I might as well buy online)
although HD does have a much larger display.

At the other extreme I found many showrooms that are very attractive
but also overpriced.

So far the best compromise I found is Remodelers Supply on Pulaski
(thanks Kenji).
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Kk" wrote in message
In article ,
Ajanta wrote:

So far the best compromise I found is Remodelers Supply on Pulaski
(thanks Kenji).

surely

I've bought stuff there and at gerber. Gerber might be expensive but
generally speaking plumbing fixtures are thought of in two ways for me.
There's something you buy that you install and live with for 15+ plus
years and then there's something you buy that you are installing where
you don't give a **** how it works or how long it's going to last.

One last place...really known for parts BUT has a great supply of new
mostly stuff that needs to be ordered.... The Faucet Shop, on Elston.
(It may be spelled Shoppe). When i buy from the Faucet Shop it's stuff
I'm going to live with for many years.....

If you want one LAST place to look, go to North Shore Faucets. Its in
Morton Grove, on Dempster St. Take the Edens to the Dempster (west) exit,
go a block and park. Literally 15 minutes from downtown. Nice stuff too.