Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
HiTech RedNeck HiTech RedNeck is offline

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

"Ajanta" wrote in message
I need to buy a kitchen sink faucet. My present one has one handle and
a separate sprayer: I am used to it, so I'd go with that. However, I
would like the spout to be high, to accommodate bigger pots in the
sink.

So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be
pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even
the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black)
will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been
mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your
sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.

Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home
Depot but they're often cheaper. (Aaaaagh, there goes that infernal jingle
in my head again - 'you save big money, you save big money, when you shop
Menards' -- you'll hear that a few dozen times if you visit a Menards store
for an hour.)