Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote in message
: ...
: In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: : "trent" wrote in message
: : ...
: : kenji wrote:
: :
: : In article , Ajanta
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown
: me)
: : gems that would be better?
: :
: : Two gems:
: :
: : Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around
: : Addison/belmont
: :
: : Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does
volume
: : AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not-
according
: : my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen
that
: : does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.
: :
: : trent
:
: : What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of
the
: : amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full
: force,
: : with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to
call
: : Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design
such a
: : thing.
:
: Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off
: switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down
: the
: flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at
the
: head for shampooing).
: John Nelson

: I had one of those. When I slowed down the flow, the temp changed
: drastically. Lousy design, I guess.

Hmmmm... your saying yours only filtered out the hot water?

--
John Nelson

No - the water got hotter. Not pure hot, but enough to make me pay attention
and wonder what its next trick might me.